Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,406 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,374
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Beta Testing  (est.rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Wildstar - will have endgame for the solo player

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  droopy

Novice Member

2/27/13 9:45:27 AM#21

Well the best MMORPG or atleast the one i had most fun with was WoW, before they ruined it that is. So i'd be more than happy if Wildstar can emulate that Vanilla/BC feeling, it do feel like they try to capture some of  that, not straight up copying WoW but expanding on the stuff players loved and adding cool new features of their own.

World PvP is hinted, and that's probably the #1 thing i'm hyped about. Will I finnaly be able to roam around the entire world on foot or ground mount again? instead of this horrible large instances newer MMO's today call World PvP, or bullshit flying mounts. Allso the world will be seamless like WoW that's a big plus!.

Wighty

Hard Core Member

2/27/13 9:53:18 AM#22

The forced raid/group mentality only fosters elitism crap...

"You can't be in my guild because you can't commit to 5 nights and 40 hours a week to do nothing but Raid"

"You can't be in my group because all you have is scrub quested gear"

"What's your gearscore"

I actually prefer to play solo because I don't have the patience to deal with most players in game anyhow...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

FoxyShoxzy

Novice Member

3/01/13 11:47:46 AM#23
Originally posted by Vorthanion
With today's technology, why aren't they building scalable dungeons, raids, quests, general content?  Not just for soloers.  There are also huge numbers of gamers who play in small groups of two or three.  Where's the content for them?  Scalability is the answer and the technology is there to make it happen.  So, what's keeping these people from embracing this technology in every MMO?

This is a very good question and something I have wondered about as well.

User Deleted
3/02/13 3:42:19 PM#24
Originally posted by FoxyShoxzy
Originally posted by Vorthanion
With today's technology, why aren't they building scalable dungeons, raids, quests, general content?  Not just for soloers.  There are also huge numbers of gamers who play in small groups of two or three.  Where's the content for them?  Scalability is the answer and the technology is there to make it happen.  So, what's keeping these people from embracing this technology in every MMO?

This is a very good question and something I have wondered about as well.

Its very much entitlement thing. Certain caste of players think that everything in MMO should cater to them and this would cheapen "value" of content.

Personally i think its waste of resources because you waste by building something for only 1 person or for only 40 people when you can build everything scalable for 1-40 and have much better perception of amount of content.

*shrug*

Nadia

Elite Member

OP  3/12/13 1:40:44 PM#25

looking forward to hearing more :)

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/events/pax-east-2013/

On Friday, March 22, Journey to Nexus at the WildStar panel—happening in the Phoenix Theater at 3:00 PM. Join Carbine Studios developers as they detail what makes WildStar different from any other MMO.

Alber_gamer

Elite Member

3/12/13 5:29:31 PM#26
And so the SMMO was born (Solo Massive Multiplayer Online).

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

coretex666

Elite Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

3/12/13 6:12:36 PM#27

I think MMORPGs should offer solo activities at all stages of the game, so that it definitely is a good thing in my eyes.

I am not so sure about "endgame" anymore.

I am still an occasional WoW player. Am currently subscribed this month, so I do play a game with this concept. However, I have been thinking lately if it would not be better for the future MMORPGs to abandon the concept of levelling + endgame.

Either have a hardly obtainable level cap or abandon levels at all. Current system of exping for one month and then progress through gear and run instances, BGs, raids, arenas does not make so much sense in MMORPG. This can be done as a lobby game without the levelling part.

Maybe it's just me...

Playing: Chronicle 1
Waiting for: None of the games already announced

My game concept thread: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/369707 (any feedback appreciated)

Margulis

Advanced Member

3/13/13 4:30:26 AM#28
Originally posted by Alber_gamer
And so the SMMO was born (Solo Massive Multiplayer Online).

Sounds awesome sign me up!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search