Trending Games | Destiny | ArcheAge | WildStar | Mythborne

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,206 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,509
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Housing looks awesome!!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  tom_gore

Novice Member

8/21/12 5:14:53 AM#21
Originally posted by solarine
Originally posted by Somsbal
Will the housing be instanced or non-instanced?

Hmm, haven't seen anything about that yet.

The norm these days is to go instanced, but their making use of the Z-axis gives me some hope that it can actually be non-instanced. 

I remember one of the developers talking about how the ability to change the terrain in the persistent world at runtime was a big deal in Wildstar. Maybe that plays into this, too?

Don't know how you tend to lay your 3D grid, but I think you meant Y-axis (vertical).

Ramanadjinn

Hard Core Member

8/21/12 5:18:59 AM#22
Originally posted by tom_gore

Don't know how you tend to lay your 3D grid, but I think you meant Y-axis (vertical).

do games usually do that?  that is very odd.. in mathematics the absolutely most common method i've seen is for y to be vertical in 2d and z to be the vertical in 3d.

but it doesn't really matter if you make x the vertical axis so long as you stick to the convention.  its just a label.

and the important part being the developers here thought to use that label, however it is defined!  now i'm hoping they used it to its fullest and are going to allow me an underground bunker!

User Deleted
8/21/12 1:46:48 PM#23
Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

do games usually do that?  that is very odd.. in mathematics the absolutely most common method i've seen is for y to be vertical in 2d and z to be the vertical in 3d.

but it doesn't really matter if you make x the vertical axis so long as you stick to the convention.  its just a label.

and the important part being the developers here thought to use that label, however it is defined!  now i'm hoping they used it to its fullest and are going to allow me an underground bunker!

It may be because many 3D applications used in the games industry have for years defaulted to x-horizontal y-vertical z-depth since it matches their camera/viewpoint system, and also when looking at screens (which are mostly viewed verticaly), pixels and objects are often referenced by x & y coordinates.

And +1 for bunkers too, ideal Guild quarters :D

tom_gore

Novice Member

8/22/12 3:07:47 AM#24
Originally posted by Ramanadjinn

Z-axis is pretty universally the depth in 3D graphics, at least in first and third person.

If your camera is high up in the sky looking directly down, then yes the Z-axis would be the height :)

Ice-Queen

Hard Core Member

"Always borrow money from a pessimist. They won't expect it back."

10/09/12 2:06:48 PM#25
The housing alone has me interested to try out Wildstar.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
Dark Age of Camelot

Shoko_Lied

Novice Member

SWG Publish 4 Jedi:Flurry: TKM unlock

10/15/12 7:31:59 PM#26
I like the housing but I am still skeptical about the game as a whole. I think it will be the same old themepark cookie cutter mmo that we've seen a hundred times already. Which wouldn't be bad if it had difficult raids like vanilla WoW had.
  junzo316

Advanced Member

11/22/12 9:16:32 AM#27
Originally posted by denshing
I like the housing but I am still skeptical about the game as a whole. I think it will be the same old themepark cookie cutter mmo that we've seen a hundred times already. Which wouldn't be bad if it had difficult raids like vanilla WoW had.

I have to agree.  The housing does look nice and I'm a big fan of housing in MMO's, especially if it is done well and is meaningful.  But kinda can't get my hopes up for another game.  So, I'll just keep an eye out on this one and hope for the best.

ThumbtackJ

Hard Core Member

11/22/12 9:20:45 AM#28
Oh hell I hadn't been paying ANY attention to this game. I'm cautiously looking forward to it now after watching some of the videos.

Om bhur bhuvah svah
tát savitúr váreniyam
bhárgo devásya dhimahi
dhíyo yó nah pracodáyat

User Deleted
11/22/12 9:27:29 AM#29

maybe "dumbing down" times are over,maybe.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search