Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,447 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,159
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » Holy trinity + dungeons + raids

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
46 posts found
  solarine

Advanced Member

8/21/12 4:53:34 AM#21

Raiding is OK as long as it's one of the many "endgame" forms. If all you have in terms of long-term gameplay is limited to raids and PVP (and daily quests, argh), that's where it gets suffocating.

Me, I like the trinity in RPGs. To me it's either that or straight out FPS combat. Haven't found a "third way" I like yet.

rodingo

Elite Member

8/22/12 11:48:34 AM#22
[mod edit]

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

zevni78

Hard Core Member

8/22/12 12:32:31 PM#23
I fail to see the need for a GW2 VS Wildstar deathmatch, they are both going to be good mmos, and I see Carbine as a cousin developer to Arenanet, both being founded by former Blizz devs, and there are some parallel ideas with these two games, (such as having raid bosses spread out through the leveling process) and see no reason not to play both.
  Astralglide

Advanced Member

"Nothing says combat instancing like cleavage, nipples, and leather"
-Sanya Weathers, 2009

8/23/12 5:40:17 PM#24
Originally posted by 7star

The same formula we came to know and ... well, depends on you.

This video lays it out: 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/28/wildstars-group-combat-looks-sort-of-familiar/#comment-1024410

Looks like WoW in space to me. When the dev says holy trinity/dungeons/raids, I lost all interest in this one.

Why would you leave WoW or any other H3-gear grinder for this?

You had me at holy trinity+dungeons+ raids

A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire

coretex666

Hard Core Member

"I shall take your position into consideration"

8/23/12 7:33:52 PM#25
This video did not make me very excited about the game. It was quite short and not very informative though. Maybe if they introduce some innovative features, it may still be a fun game.

Currently playing: L2 Chronicle 4

Ambros123

Novice Member

8/23/12 8:04:58 PM#26

I'm a GW2 fanboi and I am looking foward to this.  They are doing a different twist in combat with the postional stuff that could be intresting.

As for the trinity... well not overly trilled over it maybe they can make it a lot of fun though.  What glaring defect I do see is the so far highly higly limited classes.  So a fighter... a vesper... and a gunslinger.... so limitied it's ridiculous unless it's like Rift where you had a whole slew of souls to chose from but don't have that impression.  In AoC they had that if your could tank you were a tank, if a healer then you were a healer no ifs and or buts that made having dps trees completely pointless.  I fear that could result in Wildstar if they don't drastically allow custimizations or variances.  I hope it's not:

player 1: "Okay fighter you tank"

fighter:  "but I dont have tank gear nor spec"

player 1:  "Noob... fighters are nothing but tanks, go reroll" /kicks fighter

Raids?  Well in a different interview/vid/talk that mention that crafting will play an integral part in gearing up.  I just hope that they don't follow the raid or die philosophy or that all the best gear is obtained through raiding that people farm till their eyes bleed.  I do see raids as a valid form of end game but MMOs so far have always become too overly focused on em without providing other valid forms of PvE content.

munken

Novice Member

8/28/12 7:16:00 AM#27

For me, the holy trinity is a must for raiding, and raiding is a must for mmorpg.

It is massively multiplayer online role playing game we are talking about here, not massivlely singleplayer online game, that everyone want's now a day's. That's what's killing the fun for me, running around not talking, not helping each other, just doing your own thing, it has kept me from playing these games for a very long time.

Now WS is coming, and it (from what little we have heard.) really seem to be putting some effort in to the social aspekt.

Zuvielify

Novice Member

9/20/12 1:42:18 PM#28
Originally posted by munken

For me, the holy trinity is a must for raiding, and raiding is a must for mmorpg.

It is massively multiplayer online role playing game we are talking about here, not massivlely singleplayer online game, that everyone want's now a day's. That's what's killing the fun for me, running around not talking, not helping each other, just doing your own thing, it has kept me from playing these games for a very long time.

Now WS is coming, and it (from what little we have heard.) really seem to be putting some effort in to the social aspekt.

Agreed.

I think this game will be a good meld between WoW and GW2 mechanics. I'm hopeful it will be the best of both. 

I think the trinity is a must. I also like some of the things GW2 is doing with combat; however, the lack of trinity in that game makes combat so shallow, imo. So, movement/dodging is good, reliance on others (to do more than rez you) is good, having roles so encounters can be more interesting, good. 

bingbongbros

Hard Core Member

9/20/12 1:45:02 PM#29
You guys do realize that the dev team making this game was the original dev team for WoW...?  Right?  Expectations are pretty limited here.

Playing: Smite
Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO
Waiting On: Nothing really, though Black Desert looks pretty amazing so far.

Margulis

Advanced Member

10/28/12 5:01:44 PM#30

This video lays it out: 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/28/wildstars-group-combat-looks-sort-of-familiar/#comment-1024410

Looks like WoW in space to me. When the dev says holy trinity/dungeons/raids, I lost all interest in this one.

Totally going to have to pass on this one - just the same ole thing again as always.

Lazzaro

Novice Member

Anything easy ain''t worth a damn.

11/16/12 11:34:01 PM#31

Originally posted by solarine
Raiding is OK as long as it's one of the many "endgame" forms. If all you have in terms of long-term gameplay is limited to raids and PVP (and daily quests, argh), that's where it gets suffocating.

Me, I like the trinity in RPGs. To me it's either that or straight out FPS combat. Haven't found a "third way" I like yet.

This is what the game has to do. I like the Trinity to be honest, I found GW2 a big cluster of zerging. I just want a variety of stuff to do at end game, not just raiding.

User Deleted
2/12/13 5:32:12 AM#32

Dissapoitment. After GW2 (well before also but especially after GW2) holy trinity is out of the window for me, its so simple and boring and redundant remaint of archaic times.

I guess itll be good solo game, but if progression is locked behind raiding and if you need to sub to solo its double fail for me.

timtrack

Spotlight Poster

2/12/13 5:49:58 AM#33
It does look like a beefed up WoW in space indeed, it is also made by old WoW devs. I'm looking forward to it.
  Nanfoodle

Elite Member

2/12/13 7:27:46 AM#34
Originally posted by Margulis

This video lays it out: 

Totally going to have to pass on this one - just the same ole thing again as always.

We have not gotten enough info yet for you to make that call. We know very little about the combat system, we know nothing about the class system. We know nothing about the gear progression. We know very little about this game. How you got its the same ole thing? 

Nadia

Elite Member

2/12/13 7:45:10 AM#35
Originally posted by Margulis

This video lays it out: 

single player progression is supposedly rewarding

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=632&feature=6656&WildStar-Ensuring-That-the-Journey-is-Fun.html

The sheer level of content we can expect is kind of staggering but what is really impressive is the fact that there will be more than a few people dedicated to the task of churning out single-player content to ensure the non-PvPer and the non-Raider have something to do.

bcbully

Elite Member

2/12/13 7:56:35 AM#36

The responses in this thread are ridiculous. So it has dungeons and raids. This alone is a good thing. 

Now isn't this supposed to be a sandbox? Is it a player driven economy, where the best gear is crafted? If so, what will drop in these dungeons is the question.

If the dungeons drop gear or tokens for gear, then it will be a problem. If not, then there is no problem adding them.

When I eat chocolate chip pie it just doesn't feel like chocolate chip cookies. The texture, the consistency, it's just not the same and this is disappointing.

Nanfoodle

Elite Member

2/12/13 8:05:54 AM#37
Originally posted by bcbully

The responses in this thread are ridiculous. So it has dungeons and raids. This alone is a good thing. 

Now isn't this supposed to be a sandbox? Is it a player driven economy, where the best gear is crafted? If so, what will drop in these dungeons is the question.

If the dungeons drop gear or tokens for gear, then it will be a problem. Then there is no problem adding them.

We have no info to support anything in your comments. We know nothing about crafting, dungeons, gear progression. This thread is a fail. Feb 13th is to be the biggest reveal about the game to date. Over the next few weeks we are going to get a lot of answers about what this game is about. Up to now, mostly its players gessing what the game is about by a few demo combat vids. 

emikochan

Novice Member

Welcome to my world.

2/13/13 12:11:29 AM#38

Such a shame, everything else I really like, but trinity is a dealbreaker for me.

Dungeons will probably drop items and materials used in crafting

RizelStar

Novice Member

We all breathe and we all die.

2/13/13 9:24:17 AM#39

You know I don't mind dungeons or raids, I do mind the holy trinity though. However long as this game is B2P, combat is hybrid based or something(Like GW2), and doesn't have basic quests then I'm fine.

I wonder how the grouping is as well, I really don't like being required or forced which ever word looks better to you, to have to wait and ask people "LFG"  when I can just play alongside them and communicate with them if I want to like I do any way, cause majority of the time we group up, then leave right after the quest, but it's different when he,she, and I for example just want to talk, feels a lot better because we want to not need to.

Though if the grouping is like a forced or required mechanic then I'll join a guild.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

Derros

Advanced Member

2/13/13 9:28:04 AM#40
After playing GW2 for a while, I'd be happy to settle back into some trinity dungeons/raids.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search