Trending Games | ArcheAge | Rift | Firefall | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,775,104 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,732
Carbine | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 06/03/14)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

WildStar Forum » General Discussion » First impressions... It made me smile :)

1 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  8/20/12 7:32:23 AM#1

It is quite difficult to comment on a MMO not only unreleased but not even in closed beta, however, here goes...

The cartoon graphics (whilst not my cup of tea) are nicely done suiting the humourous style with some slick animation. Hopefully the actual gameplay let's you feel fully connected to your character, especially with all the physical moves your character will have to make during combat. It's also nice to see a break from Asian themed artwork. Bonus points to Carbine Studios for just that point alone.

Talking of combat, it seems that it will still allow traditional MMO playstyle? I would love to try this out. Fingers crossed on this one.

I have a soft spot for games that make exploration worthwhile. It has never made much sense to me to make these wonderful MMO worlds and then put them on a rail, or after wading mile after mile through monsters to reach some inviting part of the map to find nothing but the boundary wall.

Player housing, now this is something a lot of people clamour for and from the videos it does look as if you might feel as if you have claimed a stake in the world. I quite like the idea of that. Also the idea of buffs from them.

Crafting, not much on this yet and I hope it is deep but not tortuously so. If it can avoid being dull and uninspiring, and yet not blisteringly arcane then I'll be very interested. The idea of a chance of nodes turning out to be a mob is fun though.

Would really like to see a lot more on questing. Is it open? Is it on rails? Long story chains etc?

Seeing the end game raid bosses early as part of the scenery is a nice touch, but I hope not all the mystery is revealed before level cap.

My single biggest concern after longevity (unknown at this point) is whether this potential gaming gem is to become just a goldmine. I'm one of those players who will happily pay a box & sub fee if, and only if, the value is there to justify it. Please don't make this a F2P/Pay2Win/Item Mall turn off.

MMO's like movies are made to entertain, they should leave an impression. So far Wildstar made this middle-aged, slightly burned out gamer smile.

<Edited for spelling :) >