Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,637,431 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,072,799
ALT1 | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 2013)  | Pub:Hungames
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Item Mall | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Troy Online Forum » General Discussion » Troy Online... Is It Shallow As It Is On The Outside?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  User Deleted
8/22/11 11:56:18 AM#21
Originally posted by Geowash
Originally posted by LisXia
Originally posted by Geowash
Originally posted by tinuelle

What? Beta testers giving up before they've even tested things?

Sounds more like reviews than actual testers contributing to the game.

I dont consider Open Betas testing a game considering all the elements are already there and they are just testing servers. I didnt get a chance to get into the Closed Beta, if I did I would have gaven my input in a non video form for I dont believe in reviewing games in Closed Beta. 

Closed beta and open beta are still beta.  They are there for a purpose, testing.

Some developers are so serious as to release multiple copies of different code set (aka test servers) for different testers.  Sometimes they implement and revert changes based on beta results.

True, but you can tell if its a serious beta or not just by logging in and seeing what the community has to say. I read in many areas that the CBT and OBT clients were similar, thus I treated it like a release client. Where in a game like Allods that I also tested a couple years back, I felt like I was helping them out in OBT. Here I did not, so I gave a review.  

Understand

Smintar

Advanced Member

8/23/11 5:37:12 PM#22

I played both Troy and and the Greekss. I doid give it a go tho before finally taking it off my HD. Far to linear for me,no exploration allowed, the game keeps you locked up in small zones, u can sit next to a mob and never attack you. So many mobs seems like row after row of them. Yhe amazon zone was a joke easy normal and hard  This one to me has no replay ability not even worth the time

MikeTheSaint

Novice Member

8/29/11 10:24:37 AM#23

I agree with most of the posters here, this game is awful.

Kill 10 rats, now kill 10 cats, then kill 10 bats. Grinding my way up the food chain does not a fun game make. I too found the whole thing laughable. Oh and animals carry cash on them.

I sort of knew what to expect at character creation when they gave me a chance to have blue or pink hair... Now I've seen my fair share of sandals and shield epics on the silver screen but I never saw Ben-Hur rocking a pink haircut.

Cannot take the game seriously. Should be an easy review for whoever gets the gig. Just dig through the site and copy paste some other game reviews and change the name. If the game staff haven't troubled themselves to bring anything new to the table, why should the reviewer?

I know it's not finished, but does this game need to be?

oboc

Apprentice Member

9/02/11 11:24:02 AM#24

This is just 100% grind game with pvp wars , if you like to chill, put on some music , or talk to you're buds in the guild and grind away , this game is for you.

If you're expecting , mass content, raids, tons of quests lot's of in game events. Well then, this game is not for you, cause it don't have any of these .

ALT1 has though , pumped out a few decent patches, but still will never change the fact that this is grind game. Nothing more, nothing less. 

phoonzang

Apprentice Member

9/04/11 10:19:35 AM#25
At least the first 3 zones for both Troy and Greece were just mirror images of each other. Though the Greece zone had green colored ground and the Trojan's zone had more of a rocky wasteland vibe. The quest up through 15 were exactly identical, but with diffrent quest dialog. After about level 11 you only get 1 or 2 quest per level and realy are expected to grind "wars" which are realy just uninspired battle grounds. This was my experience just saying.

This whole conversation is getting weird ... Just plain weird

Aramath

Novice Member

9/05/11 4:10:14 PM#26

Game would be ok if the gms would get the credit card scammers off the system.  IMO you see someone www.blahblahblah.com for in game money, perma ban their whole domain.  If that don't stop them perma ban the entire country.   Bunch of chinese botters.

Geowash

Novice Member

OP  9/05/11 4:15:51 PM#27
Originally posted by Aramath

Game would be ok if the gms would get the credit card scammers off the system.  IMO you see someone www.blahblahblah.com for in game money, perma ban their whole domain.  If that don't stop them perma ban the entire country.   Bunch of chinese botters.

But thats their entire game population... with out them how would the power the servers?

nobottters

Novice Member

9/06/11 7:46:34 PM#28

Kinda got into it the first day, hacking shit up wasnt so bad, but by the time you hit like level 15 or so, you realize the whole system is catered to make you pay to not wait, potion after each single mob combat scenario.

Its a potion popping game, 1 fight with 1 mob, then you must rest, (which will take a very long time to regain health/mana) forcing you into popping portions to restore health/mana instantly..

So basically, you dont want to be bored out of your mind, you buy potions galore hundreds at a time, and pop, pop, pop after every battle... It's beta, so you dont reall have to pay for these potions, evrything is cheap so it dont matter, but you can just tell come release they will up the cost and increase the usage even more, lol

The PVP did me in.. talk about a stupid pathetic zergfest of why the F am I here?

Seriously you couldnt decliper one player from another, and this is no unique individuality or skill levels in players.. The combat is so linear, i can tell what you are going to do before you even know what your going to do, because you can only do one type of action lol.. And PvP is where potion popping is 10 times worse... and armor damage when you die, and you will because they have all kinds of high levels that will kick your ass in one swing. Probably the devs play the characters themselves, so they make you pop more potions and pay up.. lol

Sorry have to pass on this one...

Regards,
Nobotters - A better gaming experience

shadze

Novice Member

9/19/11 9:53:59 PM#29

for goodness sake who ever heard off a open bata or any beta where people can t patch properly. It is the very basics of a game. Either give them a manuel patch or correct your current patch errors.

Entropy14

Advanced Member

10/03/11 1:19:34 AM#30

This game just furthers my reason why 99.99% of games that are F2P are all POS, you either pay to win, or pay to not be bored, pay for this , or pay for that or you get nowhere in the game.

Screw that I will contuinue playing only P2P or B2P  games.

Anyone who gives these guys money in a beta or even once released are fools.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search