Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Firefall | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,955 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,379
RaiderZ (RZ)
MAIET Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

RaiderZ Forum » General Discussion » Shortest time spent in game ever

12 posts found
  Banquetto

Novice Member

OP  10/12/12 6:28:13 PM#1

Installed stress test. Launched. Created a character. Controls don't work for me (left-click registers the same as right-click, can't move without dodging). Not allowed to post to tech support forum due to being "too new" an account. Quit.

Choch

Apprentice Member

10/15/12 9:41:34 AM#2

So you tried the game that is still in its beta and you quit the game because of 2 reasons? 

Exzyz

Apprentice Member

10/15/12 9:44:16 AM#3
I sort of get why he quit. If you cant even report bugs that makes you unable to play why bother?
  Banquetto

Novice Member

OP  10/15/12 2:52:03 PM#4

Originally posted by GimiZigi
 So you tried the game that is still in its beta and you quit the game because of 2 reasons? 

I tried the game while it was in beta.

It was unplayable due to control bugs. I'm not saying "there were bugs". I'm saying it was unplayable, I literally could barely move and could not fight at all.

I was unable to seek tech support because they deem it more important to prevent new users from spamming their forums than to allow them to seek help.

What should I have done? Not quit? AFK'ed for the rest of the weekend, since, as I said, I could barely move and could not fight?

Choch

Apprentice Member

10/15/12 4:32:28 PM#5

Then it just seems like a bad turn of events right from the start and you didn't really get the chance to actually try and play the game. I guess if that happened to me, I would of just stopped playing until the probation was over and then post on the forums if I couldn't fix the issue myself or if google couldn't solve the answer for me. From the looks of it, the game does seem pretty nice being f2p and worth it to at least give it a shot.

Banquetto

Novice Member

OP  10/15/12 4:50:18 PM#6

Amazingly, I still am not allowed to post to the RaiderZ forums. This is with a Perfect World account created last year, so I assume they created me a fresh forum account the first time I logged in to the forums with it. I'd love to know how long they expect people to be signed up for before they can post..

Edit: I found a thread someone else started about the same issue. A QA person offered the advice:

This is a known issue that is caused due to interactions with other software. We have confirmed that the Zune software will cause this issue, but we believe there are others.

As a Windows Phone user, I'm not going to uninstall Zune just so I can beta a game, so I'll wait for official word that this bug has been fixed, and then take a look at a future open beta of RaiderZ.

Banquetto

Novice Member

OP  10/25/12 5:35:15 PM#7

Game is now in Open Beta.

According to their Known Open Beta Issues List it still doesn't work with Zune software installed.

Oh well, maybe in a few more months they'll learn how to code.

MadnessRealm

Elite Member

Ignorance is Bliss.

10/25/12 5:39:46 PM#8
They're having quite a hard time coding things (lack of experience from the developers most likely) . When I tried the first CBT (or was it Alpha...can't remember) USB Headsets didn't work, had to use jacks to have sound. There was a bunch of other issues like that, now it's Zune....quite odd. Really makes you wonder how exactly do they code.

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

Ryukan

Novice Member

10/25/12 5:40:54 PM#9
I've tried quite a few F2P MMO/MMO-ish games where I played for all of about 4 or 5 hours over a day or two and quit because it wasn't doing anything for me.
  snapfusion

Apprentice Member

10/25/12 6:02:37 PM#10
The title of this post can sum every Korean F2P ive every played.  But I actually think Archage might be worth trying, if it has a sub option.
  f0dell54

Novice Member

Sanity....
It's for the weak.

10/26/12 11:29:55 AM#11
Originally posted by Banquetto

Amazingly, I still am not allowed to post to the RaiderZ forums. This is with a Perfect World account created last year, so I assume they created me a fresh forum account the first time I logged in to the forums with it. I'd love to know how long they expect people to be signed up for before they can post..

Edit: I found a thread someone else started about the same issue. A QA person offered the advice:

This is a known issue that is caused due to interactions with other software. We have confirmed that the Zune software will cause this issue, but we believe there are others.

As a Windows Phone user, I'm not going to uninstall Zune just so I can beta a game, so I'll wait for official word that this bug has been fixed, and then take a look at a future open beta of RaiderZ.

That's your problem right there. You own a windows phone. Get with the times people I have never heard of anyone have anything good to say about a windows phone. Off the subject but oh well.

WastedAces

Novice Member

10/27/12 3:21:15 PM#12

35 min download just to find out I can't play. So many bugs so little time to complain.'

Don't waste your time with this game. I would wait probably a year before I would try again and not sure about then either.

It seems weird that PWI would let this game out with so many bugs you cant even move. Oh well back to looking for a new game.