Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,283 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,264
RaiderZ (RZ)
MAIET Entertainment | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 11/20/12)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

RaiderZ Forum » General Discussion » Poor mans TERA

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
62 posts found
  Betakodo

Apprentice Member

3/17/12 2:03:39 AM#21

Check the front page of this site, in their contests and special offers section you can get alpha keys and the gamesite mentions other ways to get them.

bowzef1990

Novice Member

3/28/12 12:16:37 AM#22

well title is lil odd would not say poor mans tera

Tera feels like a f2p game to be honest

Anyways the Anti A will be introduced in beta also with Higher Rez textures and SOA lighting effects will be added

More other features will be added to

this infomation from the in game Gamemasters no offical site

They also 2 more classes going be introduced thats confirmed but what they are no one knows yet speculation belives it going be a Rogue or asasin class and a ranger class

ShadowVlican

Novice Member

3/28/12 1:17:13 PM#23

man i'm so dissappointed that i only found out about this game recently, and i don't think i can get an alpha key anymore

i've been playing Dragon Nest for a while; i have several lvl 40 characters. i absolutely enjoy the combat in Dragon Nest.

i've also been playing all the TERA closed betas. as a PRIEST, I can definitely say Dragon Nest combat > TERA combat... TERA combat differs greatly depending on the class you're playing

i wish there were more RaiderZ videos, seems like they really got the combat down, similar to Dragon Nest... that and Open World? i'm sold.

leftyZX

Novice Member

3/30/12 3:38:12 AM#24

Alpha test already over since 28 March, alpha key only access to alpha test and 100% participate close beta

but i heard a rumor that they will be releasing beta key when close beta came out, so be ready hunt your key

rojoArcueid

Advanced Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

3/30/12 4:19:59 AM#25

i was looking forward to this game until i read theres no gamepad support. If i cannot play it with my controller then ill pass on this game. I also play Tera, DCUO, and every game with action combat using controller because of problems with my right hand position when using the mouse...  i hope they add controller support as i never liked third parties controller emulator softwares. Its pretty easy to add official gamepad support

Xasapis

Tipster

3/30/12 5:12:30 AM#26

The main problem with any perfect world game is that they are all P2win. That means that you can't really play on a PvP server without dishing a considerable amount fo cash to make yourself competitive. No matter how good the game will end up becoming, the cash shop will pollute the PvP aspect. I'm sure it'll be decent if you play on a PvE server though.

As for graphics, it uses an evolution of the Forsaken world engine, so don't expect miracles beyond the graphics of that game. The world design, character design, animation, movement etc, are all a derivative of Forsaken world (for now at least, the game may evolve further, it's in alpha after all).

Lets just hope it doesn't share the same daily quest design of Forsaken world though.

leftyZX

Novice Member

3/31/12 4:21:24 AM#27
Originally posted by rojo6934

i was looking forward to this game until i read theres no gamepad support. If i cannot play it with my controller then ill pass on this game. I also play Tera, DCUO, and every game with action combat using controller because of problems with my right hand position when using the mouse...  i hope they add controller support as i never liked third parties controller emulator softwares. Its pretty easy to add official gamepad support

i heard from other player that works with gamepad

Yuui

Novice Member

4/09/12 3:20:56 PM#28

Actually I'd say TEra is poor man's raiderz.

Raiderz has far more well implemented combat, (almost) classless gameplay, more interesting open world and a taste of Monster Hunter(a huge plus).

ALL Tera has is combat(which is not even that great and is certainly NOT fluid). Raiderz from the alpha test and PAX, seems to offer so much more.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Moodsor

Hard Core Member

4/11/12 4:34:21 AM#29
Originally posted by Yuui

Raiderz has far more well implemented combat, (almost) classless gameplay, more interesting open world and a taste of Monster Hunter(a huge plus).

ALL Tera has is combat(which is not even that great and is certainly NOT fluid). Raiderz from the alpha test and PAX, seems to offer so much more.

Thats a nice fantasy, I sometimes dream up things aswell.

jackh69

Apprentice Member

4/11/12 5:01:05 AM#30

I played both Tera and RaiderZ. I much prefer RaiderZ , it was a lot of fun  playing RaiderZ where as Tera I was bored to death and didn't even have any reason to log in. 

Moodsor

Hard Core Member

4/11/12 5:08:22 AM#31

Raiderz:

Poor graphics

Poor character animations

Poor casting animations

Uninspired world, lacking any real soul.

Multiclassing isn't real multiclassing, and comes were several restrictions.

Perfect World F2P = P2W at endgame just like all their other games.

The combat doesn't come close to TERA, especially once you get to higher levels in TERA with glyphs and such, this could be because of the terrible animations and odd pace of the game.

Honestly, to me this is just Forsaken World with attempted action combat, I know that theres a market for F2P out there, seeing how many people play these games, but dont fool yourselves into thinking that PWE wont milk the cashshop here just like they do in all their other games.

The claim that its just alpha doesnt cut it either here, the game has been available in Korea for quite a while, and what you see is what you get.

BartDaCat

Apprentice Member

Gamer Forums, where "First World Problems" are our specialty!

4/11/12 5:12:03 AM#32

The buzz on this game has been relatively quiet.  The only other source that I've seen something in was games™ magazine, where the reviewer compared it to "Monster Hunter", calling it an homage to Monster Hunter's gameplay.

Metalagony

Novice Member

4/13/12 7:20:04 AM#33

I'm new here so I wanna just place my consern... TERA and RaiderZ is on my top 5 MMORPG game list to play this year.

Was way exited to to play TERA cause of the action gameplay with no targeting system.. So exited that i preordered TERA, to my disapointment TERA is region locked with me staying in South Africa i can not play it, but they still let me preorder... @#$%

Anyways now I'm looking forward to RaiderZ, I don't care about if it's F2P or Subscription, it's all about spending my time after work relaxing and enjoying a game.

So can't wait to go out and swing my sword to cut open some mobs who come my way :) 

ShadowVlican

Novice Member

4/14/12 5:41:20 PM#34
Originally posted by Yuui

+1 i echo your thoughts

i do miss the loli's though 

albaficass

Novice Member

4/14/12 5:51:56 PM#35

raiderz sucks..poor crappy f2p 1 pixel game

tera as better graphics...actualy its the mmo with the best graphics out ther

better animation

art

combat

bosses

dungeon

pvp

and ofc just the political system only makes that f2p crap looks like a child

f2p for cheap ppl

p2p for the win all the way nuff said

Metalagony

Novice Member

4/20/12 6:58:36 AM#36

I take back my previous post, I found Euro TERA site...

I'm playing in the BETA, even with a 150ms lag the game is smooth and awsome. Good luck Raiderz beating TERA :P

kaguhoO

Novice Member

7/08/12 2:37:43 AM#37

horrible game its a pure 100% copy tera clone

horrible music

horrbile sound effect

graphics sucks bad..well its perfect world didnt expect something revolutionary there

but meh.....gamers most find reasons to play these trashes when they dont have money cant blame them

Poison_Adele

Novice Member

7/08/12 2:40:43 AM#38

Huh, looks interesting.

I liked TERA's combat but it wasn't worth the cost, not by a long shot. Will check this game out.

brianw1

Advanced Member

7/13/12 10:57:54 AM#39

It maybe crap but atleast it free to play.

centkin

Advanced Member

7/13/12 11:45:14 AM#40

Actually Tera is now the poor mans tera.  Between the $8 sale that best buy is closing Tera out at (yes they are clearing the space for other products) and the AH prices of the chronoscrolls, it is essentially a FTP game now.  I was thinking it had descended to BTP but now with the 8 entry -- it is as close to FTP as you can go without making an announcement.

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search