Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,639,840 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,512
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Defiance will have 5 downloadable content releases this year

9 posts found
  Grunty

Hard Core Member

OP  5/11/13 8:01:00 PM#1

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/05/11/trion-worlds-plans-to-pump-defiance-full-of-dlc-this-year/

"Each DLC will have a free component, a paid component, and then a store update. Basically, this means that everybody will be able to access the DLCs’ content—but only paid players can benefit from extras, like DLC-specific loot or abilities. He offers up the first DLC, Enter the Castithan, as an example: all players will be able to access new maps and gameplay modes, but only the paid players will be able to play as the new Castithan race (which I’m hoping is a cat race, as seems fashionable in the MMO scene nowadays)."

How much is that going cost?  Still feeling the love?

Bruise187

Advanced Member

AC2..Greatest game ever to be closed. They did it dirty.

5/11/13 8:07:34 PM#2

Cost 10$

Race (you havent seen the show) not gay cats.

How many delicate flowers have you met in Counterstrike?

I'm not your friend.

I got a case of beer and a chainsaw waiting for me at home after work.

Grunty

Hard Core Member

OP  5/11/13 8:12:17 PM#3
Originally posted by Bruise187

Cost 10$

So, $110 for the first year. Plus the cash shop items.

And the author of that article will be mighty disappointed they aren't cats. Or she's laughing her sarcastic ass off. 

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

5/11/13 11:20:40 PM#4
Actually, Castians are cat people if you read the wiki and fan pages. In terms of design, it's what they were based on.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Fendel84M

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

5/11/13 11:25:38 PM#5
Originally posted by Grunty
Originally posted by Bruise187

Cost 10$

So, $110 for the first year. Plus the cash shop items.

And the author of that article will be mighty disappointed they aren't cats. Or she's laughing her sarcastic ass off. 

From what they've announced the purchasable portion of the DLC is basically extra cash shop stuff. You get to play the new race, a different version of a new vehicle etc. Nothing you really have to buy at all.

rojo6934

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

5/12/13 7:47:44 AM#6

I hope one of these content updates bring dynamic weather. Before the game launched one of Trions lead guys said publicly that they were able to make awesome stuff like weather changing and rains and stuff and showed the trailer raining.

That was a big lie. I havent seen rain at all.

Dynamic weather will make this game hell of a lot better. Specially if it heavy weather affects combat and vision.

"in peace, in sleep under the barren, abandoned soil"

lordtwisted

Apprentice Member

5/12/13 12:20:48 PM#7
Originally posted by rojo6934

I hope one of these content updates bring dynamic weather. Before the game launched one of Trions lead guys said publicly that they were able to make awesome stuff like weather changing and rains and stuff and showed the trailer raining.

That was a big lie. I havent seen rain at all.

Dynamic weather will make this game hell of a lot better. Specially if it heavy weather affects combat and vision.

Eh? Make it affect vehicle control too!

Not so nice guy!

ElRenmazuo

Hard Core Member

5/13/13 1:02:46 PM#8
Originally posted by Mkilbride
Actually, Castians are cat people if you read the wiki and fan pages. In terms of design, it's what they were based on.

I dont get any cat vibe from them when i watch the show i dont think anyone does...they dont look like cats at all either in physical appearance. They just look like humans with pale white skin and white hair. The Irathients look more cat than they do because of their eyes.

Warjin

Elite Member

5/14/13 3:10:22 PM#9