Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,855 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,975
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Why the Defiance hate?

12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search
224 posts found
  Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

4/18/13 2:20:21 PM#21

Ummm it is like asking why sky is blue or earth is flat.

People hate/dislike Defiance because they are not happy with end product.  Like everything else in life not everybody loves what you love. If i asked this question every time a new MMO released and someone gave me nickle for it, i would be rich.

And i think isturi needs a tin foil hat.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

MentalAnarchy

Apprentice Member

Fight the Cerebral System

4/18/13 2:21:29 PM#22
Originally posted by ShakyMo
More indifference than hate. Read up on it, instance this, instance that, stopped reading.

See, this is direct BS that will give other people a bad impression.  The game isn't all instanced up.  Yes there are instances that you or you and your friends (or random players) can enter.  They are entirely optional (and fun to boot) however. 

But the game itself is wide open.  You can drive hard and see the sights. =)

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

4/18/13 2:21:43 PM#23
More indifference than hate. Read up on it, instance this, instance that, stopped reading.

There are instances? I've seen bits of phasing, but haven't done anything that's an instance that I recognized. Haven't tried Shadow Wars yet... don't have the skinny on that.

Oderint, dum metuant.

mmoguy43

Spotlight Poster

4/18/13 2:22:09 PM#24

If most of the people say that it is a mediocre but fun game, is that hate?

/shrug

I only wouldn't condone the purchase of a game without doing some research first.

Let's build the ultimate MMO 1 feature at a time
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/398555/page/1

Lovely_Laly

Novice Member

game is also real

4/18/13 2:22:26 PM#25

may be cuz it's console game disguised into MMO?

I don't think I'll like to buy bread instate of cookie etc.

just my guess

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

4/18/13 2:25:30 PM#26
Phasing, instancing, multiple shards of world zones, that bit where you can copy a pve area to pvp in - its all the same bobbins to me.

I'm Indifferent because I'm bored of instancing full stop. I'm only playing instance free mmos from now on. Which I guess leaves me ps2, dfuw when they kick the bugs out and maybe eqn and wod.
  Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

4/18/13 2:29:25 PM#27
Originally posted by mmoguy43

If most of the people say that it is a mediocre but fun game, is that hate?

/shrug

I only wouldn't condone the purchase of a game without doing some research first.

People who are very agressive fans of the game will consider even average score of 5 or 6 as an attack on the game and call it 'hate'. Because that is mostly what the opinion has been so far that Defiance is an average game.

I have not seen this 'hate'. If this is hate what shall we call the stuff that goes on SWTOR and GW2 forums lol

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

MentalAnarchy

Apprentice Member

Fight the Cerebral System

4/18/13 2:30:31 PM#28
Phasing, instancing, multiple shards of world zones, that bit where you can copy a pve area to pvp in - its all the same bobbins to me.

I'm Indifferent because I'm bored of instancing full stop. I'm only playing instance free mmos from now on. Which I guess leaves me ps2, dfuw when they kick the bugs out and maybe eqn and wod.

If you really feel that way, Vanguard is the most brilliant open world MMORPG I've ever played.  Even the dungeons are in the same open-world. 

Just sayin' .. If you're looking for something right now, try it out if you haven't - or if it's been a while since you did.

That said, I can't wait for some solid info on EQN and WoD too.  =)

Lazarus71

Old School

I play the games I like and don't dwell on the ones I don't, complicated philosophy I know....

4/18/13 2:41:52 PM#29
Originally posted by Doogiehowser

People hate/dislike Defiance because they are not happy with end product.  Like everything else in life not everybody loves what you love. If i asked this question every time a new MMO released and someone gave me nickle for it, i would be rich.

People love/like Defiance because they are happy with the end product. Like everything else in life not everybody dislikes what you dislike. If i asked this question every time a new MMO released and someone gave me a nickle for it, i would be rich.   

Just figured I would represent the other side of that coin. Just a poor attempt at levity by me :)

No signature, I don't have a pen

Doogiehowser

Hard Core Member

4/18/13 2:44:30 PM#30
Originally posted by Lazarus71

People love/like Defiance because they are happy with the end product. Like everything else in life not everybody dislikes what you dislike. If i asked this question every time a new MMO released and someone gave me a nickle for it, i would be rich.   

I am sorry my highness but OP was talking about why 'the defiance hate' and not  'why the Defiance love'. But thank you anyways.

If he was shocked at why everyone loves the game so much i wuld have surely mentioned other side of the coin.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney

Lazarus71

Old School

I play the games I like and don't dwell on the ones I don't, complicated philosophy I know....

4/18/13 2:46:05 PM#31
Originally posted by Lazarus71

I am sorry my highness but OP was talking about why people 'hate' and not  'why so much love'. But thank you anyways.

Lighten up man, I was just trying to point out with some humor and cheekiness it goes both ways.

No signature, I don't have a pen

DamonVile

Elite Member

4/18/13 2:47:19 PM#32
If a game is on this site and no one hates it....it's because no one plays it.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

User Deleted
4/18/13 2:47:32 PM#33

A big reason is all the trouble with the game, gameplay is fun cant say much about that.

But it was close to broken when released and stil a ton of problems.

your weapons got deleted from inventory.

friends got deleted from your friendlist.

voip always on, and nothing indicates that is on so many had no clue they broadcasted

broken quests that had to be done 2-5 times

grouping in open world sometimes didt register that you was in a party and both had to relog (annoying as hell if you play with someone often)

scoreboard bug in arkfalls/coop 200kills 0dmg. uber player

coop that dont work properly, this happens often on my server. always 1-3 instances that dont work. 3 is rare but happens. 1 is daily issue.

perks that unequip automatic everytime you do instance/pvp. bloody hell this one is freaking annoying.

pretty short game for an mmo, but pretty decent compared to sp games.

Over half of those issues i have every single day, some quite often in one day.

I would never advise anyone to buy this mess atm, its fun but has some big issues.

It will be a good game i think in the long run but then they will probably have  sale on it.

chakalaka

Novice Member

The thing is... you're important to a lot of people.

4/18/13 2:50:01 PM#34
Couldn't have said it better than the OP. Nice post!
  Amegashie

Novice Member

4/18/13 2:59:55 PM#35
Considering the state the game is in people on here are extremely easy on it.
  Burntvet

Elite Member

4/18/13 5:53:34 PM#36
It is a perfectly fine $10 game. It is not a good $50 game.
  museandali

Advanced Member

4/18/13 5:59:17 PM#37
Originally posted by Daranar

I recently bought Defiance on GMG for $33.   Seriously good price, go get it.   Anyway, I just started playing this morning until server update right now.   I really don't understand all the hate against the game.    This is seriously a very good enjoyable game.   I'm sure as with ANY themepark, it will run out of content and possibly fast.   However, they are saying there will be some serious DLC action coming.   But other than that, why hate?   To me it is a great mix between Borderlands and Gears of War in an MMO.   

Yes, it is a console/PC game and so the social aspect is significantly diminished from other PC-Only MMOs.   Most people you try to chat to, don't chat back (either they are dills or on an XBOX or PS3).   But it is clearly a different kind of game, one that I am so far enjoying emensly.  I think most people's problem is they went into it with an expectation in mind instead of going into to have some serious fun!   Recognize what it is.  It's not a competitor with Call of Duty, nor with World of Warcraft.   It is really a fairly unique game and so far a good bit of emphasis on exploration.   I for one am having a great time cruisin in my roller finding little enemy camps and trackin down those side-missions.   Plus with the T.V. show, they really hit my lore bone.   Not only can you get into the lore in-game (with the story missions it really helps dive in) but also on the TV show.  I love a game I can really get into the world of and this is definately one of em.

People seriously need to stop hating on games and go into a game with a fresh state of mind, one that is ready for fun and adventure.   Remember when gamers used to be open to new worlds?   Thriving on new stories?  And always seeking fun and adventure in every new game?    Man, how we have become jaded and snobby.

Seriously tho for $33, stop reading idiots reviews (like mine) and go try it for yourself WITH an open mind and eagerness to explore a new earth.   Whatever you do, don't go into it expecting the best MMORPG of all time (that game died when Sony released Planes of Power for EQ :P )   but do go in expecting to explore and have fun shooting up random crap :)

It's funny because it's horseshit.

At least, the part about sharing a server.  SOny and MS have their panties in a collective bunch, and Trion was forced to use seperate servers for all three consoles, oh, and only the MS version has a monthly fee in the way of required "Xbox Live Gold" access.

Vorch

Advanced Member

4/18/13 9:12:00 PM#38

You think this is hate?

It seems people think that the game is mediocre. I think it's good, but very "bare bones"; it doesn't feel fleshed out to me.

Check out the forums for the top 5 games on mmorpg to see hate.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

4/18/13 9:18:18 PM#39
Originally posted by Eir_S
thnx.   dude I love your quote in your signature...that is great!   I'm totally using that (and forgetting where I heard it)  haha  :)  

I got a chuckle out of it too after you pointed it out. lol

As for Defiance, even I'm unsure why it's catching so much flak and I'm cautious about damn near everything these days.  It could have something to do with people expecting something "bigger" than Rift, or at least deeper.  Or maybe MMORPG fans are not MMOTPS fans.  I still want to play it regardless of the lukewarm reviews, but you have to admit it's a bit of a culture shock to the majority of MMORPG fans who, for the life of them, can't seem to find a +10 greatsword in their inventory.

Just guesses.  I mean, from what I've seen, it plays smoothly, the graphics are awesome, and it has a good story.  Hell, I got less than that from SWTOR.

Honestly, thats what it mostly boils down to. 

Its a TPS and not an RPG, Its Sci fi and not fantasy, in the eyes of those that don't like those two things it should be a niche game barely discussed but its gone pretty main stream and its hard to not hear about it. 

User Deleted
4/18/13 9:33:56 PM#40
Originally posted by GrayGhost79
Originally posted by Eir_S
thnx.   dude I love your quote in your signature...that is great!   I'm totally using that (and forgetting where I heard it)  haha  :)  

I got a chuckle out of it too after you pointed it out. lol

As for Defiance, even I'm unsure why it's catching so much flak and I'm cautious about damn near everything these days.  It could have something to do with people expecting something "bigger" than Rift, or at least deeper.  Or maybe MMORPG fans are not MMOTPS fans.  I still want to play it regardless of the lukewarm reviews, but you have to admit it's a bit of a culture shock to the majority of MMORPG fans who, for the life of them, can't seem to find a +10 greatsword in their inventory.

Just guesses.  I mean, from what I've seen, it plays smoothly, the graphics are awesome, and it has a good story.  Hell, I got less than that from SWTOR.

Honestly, thats what it mostly boils down to. 

Its a TPS and not an RPG, Its Sci fi and not fantasy, in the eyes of those that don't like those two things it should be a niche game barely discussed but its gone pretty main stream and its hard to not hear about it. 

So basicly it is not a trinity theme park game. Makes since now.

12 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last Search