Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,030 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,489
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Defiance is my top pick for a MMORPG in 2013.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search
113 posts found
  Rthuth434

Novice Member

1/19/13 8:15:29 AM#21
i'm in the beta. WildStar is better. that's about all i can say. WS will be better and likely perform better too. especially with those who want sandbox features but strangely also want a thempark game(judging by the performance of every non-EVE SB that's damn near aeveryone). 
  Kabaal

Novice Member

Haggis Humper

1/19/13 8:23:51 AM#22
Originally posted by Rthuth434
i'm in the beta. WildStar is better. that's about all i can say. WS will be better and likely perform better too. especially with those who want sandbox features but strangely also want a thempark game(judging by the performance of every non-EVE SB that's damn near aeveryone). 

I'm not in the beta but the vague references to the game ive been reading elsewhere this weekend all seem to say "nothing special".

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

1/19/13 8:27:03 AM#23
Originally posted by xpowderx

Yes, you heard it! I am picking Defiance as the most likely candidate for both MMORPG of the year and most innovative. Why most innovative? As Defiance is the only mmo to be cross-platform. available on PC,Xbox360 and PS3's. It is also the only game I know of where our actions in the game effect the new series Defiance on Syfy.

I loved Rift, if Defiance is anywhere near the gameplay and content Rift provides it will be incredible!

My best wishes to those playing Defiance now and Trion Worlds. Such a innovative title!

i wouldnt compare a traditional mmo (rift) to a shooter style mmo game (defiance).

defiance plays quite nice so far, but i dunno what to think of it yet, so i can't and won't comment any further :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

Rthuth434

Novice Member

1/19/13 8:27:57 AM#24
Originally posted by Kabaal

I'm not in the beta but the vague references to the game ive been reading elsewhere this weekend all seem to say "nothing special".

what game? must be talking about firefall...err defiance.

jimdandy26

Apprentice Member

1/19/13 8:35:09 AM#25
"nothing special" about covers it. The only real thing I am still looking forward too, and may yet save it, is the tv aspect. Which based on trailers does not look good. There is nothing that really sticks out and grabs you, or is even semi impressive. I have a whole laundry list of "issues" most of which are fixable, but even fixing those only puts it on par with other 3rd person shooters. Even the "massive co-op" feels like all of the worst parts (imo) of Gw2.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

1/19/13 8:36:38 AM#26

wildstar looks like a traditional tab and use mmo to me.

defiance ain't.

which makes it WAY better in my opinion at least :P

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

steamtank

Novice Member

1/19/13 8:38:22 AM#27
as a PC gamer i have no real hope of a cross platform game being exciting. So far any game I have played that from concept was meant to go cross platform has felt childish on a PC.
  Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

1/19/13 10:38:18 AM#28
Its going to be good. Probably better than GW2 even. People will be surprised. Cant wait

Krytycal

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:05:40 PM#29

I have tried most MMOTPS/FPS in the market. So far Defiance seems to be the most complete of them all. It has taken the good aspects of several other games (Rift, Borderlands, Planetside, even Tabula Rasa) and blends them together. So far it feels like the first real MMORPG with Shooter combat.

The only other MMO shooter that comes even close is PlanetSide 2, but then PlanetSide 2 has zero PvE, so two completely different markets.

I think Defiance will do well if Trion manages to deliver a complete/polished product like they did with Rift.

dinams

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:05:42 PM#30

Rocket spamming on PvP killed defiance for me as an option

The PvE is fun, but meh, I dont really play a game solely for its PvE

Well, now onwards to Wildstar I guess

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Krytycal

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:08:44 PM#31
Originally posted by dinams

Are you really judging a game by its PvP balance when closed beta just barely got started?

dinams

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:10:43 PM#32
Originally posted by Krytycal

Are you really judging a game by its PvP balance when closed beta just barely got started?

It would need a major overhaul on the rockets to function otherwise

plus, I added stuff on my post

"It has potential"
"It sucks"

Krytycal

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:17:04 PM#33

I'd expect that there will be major overhauls before the game is released. It's obvious to anyone who has PvPed that rocket launchers and other explosive weapons in general are a joke in PvP. I would be surprised if they don't get significant adjustments over the next few patches.

It seems Defiance is first and foremost a PvE game, sort of like Borderlands. If you don't like PvE then I recommend Planetside 2. 

dinams

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:18:31 PM#34

I'd expect that there will be major overhauls before the game is released. It's obvious to anyone who has PvP that that rocket launchers and other explosive weapons in general are a joke in PvP. I would be surprised if they don't get significant adjustments over the next few patches.

It seems Defiance is first and foremost a PvE game, sort of like Borderlands. If you don't like PvE then I recommend Planetside 2. 

Its not that I dont like PvE, but I believe that both should coexist equally

Besides, if they make the overhaul on the rockets I might check back

"It has potential"
"It sucks"

bestever

Elite Member

1/19/13 1:19:38 PM#35
Originally posted by deanobeano1
Originally posted by xpowderx

Yes, you heard it! I am picking Defiance as the most likely candidate for both MMORPG of the year and most innovative. Why most innovative? As Defiance is the only mmo to be cross-platform. available on PC,Xbox360 and PS3's. It is also the only game I know of where our actions in the game effect the new series Defiance on Syfy.

I loved Rift, if Defiance is anywhere near the gameplay and content Rift provides it will be incredible!

My best wishes to those playing Defiance now and Trion Worlds. Such a innovative title!

its funny you call it top mmorpg. its not even an mmorpg. it was going to be, but they made uturn late development and decided to remove important features.

youll be dissapointed, as defiance is nothing like rift. at first it sounded like it was going to be. but i know someone testing it and he says they recently made item drops flat across the whole game because they wanted everyone to be equal in pvp. by this i mean an item you find as a noob is your end game equipment. dont expect to find better gear because there is no progression.

the game could not be more different than rift. the developers think that story and pvp is enough. if you enjoy hunt for better gear, dont bother, there is no hunt for better gear.

uber fail incoming.

LOL its a mmorpg and who ever told you about the gear is dead wrong sorry. I can't say much because of the NDA but I love the game and its got some real cool stuff  and some great ideas from a game that people love so much. 

This game is far from fail.

Rednecksith

Apprentice Member

Bite my fiery metal ass!

1/19/13 1:23:05 PM#36
Can't break NDA... but I think Defiance is utter crap. Doesn't help that it runs & looks like shit either. Played 20 minutes and couldn't stand another second of 25 FPS generic action.
  Krytycal

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:28:46 PM#37

I'd expect that there will be major overhauls before the game is released. It's obvious to anyone who has PvP that that rocket launchers and other explosive weapons in general are a joke in PvP. I would be surprised if they don't get significant adjustments over the next few patches.

Its not that I dont like PvE, but I believe that both should coexist equally

Besides, if they make the overhaul on the rockets I might check back

I guess we'll have to wait and see how the PvP turns out in the game. From my experience so far, it seems they're taking the direction of Rift/WoW/SWTOR with most of the PvP being phased/instanced with hotspots in the open world.

I'm mostly a PvPer and I'm okay with that. I've always though the biggest reason why MMO shooters aren't widely successful is because they are too PvP oriented (i.e. APB, Planetside). With PvE back to the forefront my bet is Defiance will pull in more traditional MMORPG players than any other shooter MMO before.

jimdandy26

Apprentice Member

1/19/13 1:31:41 PM#38

LOL its a mmorpg and who ever told you about the gear is dead wrong sorry. I can't say much because of the NDA but I love the game and its got some real cool stuff  and some great ideas from a game that people love so much. 

This game is far from fail.

Its a pretty mediocre 3rd person shooter with some people around, sometimes. It feels much like Gw2 honestly, you may be playing around others, but you are not playing WITH others. On top of that Trion starts off the story in one of the worst ways possible, telling you that you are a badass instead of making you feel like you are a badass. On top of the squishy gunplay (it feels like its designed for a gamepad, not a mouse and keyboard) and itemization that does not make sense they have a lot of the "little things" to fix that are super important if they truly want the game to be successful.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

Krytycal

Novice Member

1/19/13 1:33:04 PM#39
Originally posted by Rednecksith
Can't break NDA... but I think Defiance is utter crap. Doesn't help that it runs & looks like shit either. Played 20 minutes and couldn't stand another second of 25 FPS generic action.

The game ran smooth for me, and while it's no Farcry or Battlefield in terms of visuals, it looks better than most other MMOs in the market.

Also, what were you expecting the action to be like? It played like every shooter game out there. That was the point. A game for people who are sick of the MMORPG tab combat.

bestever

Elite Member

1/19/13 1:38:00 PM#40
Originally posted by Rednecksith

Sorry your computer sucks but its nothing like that for me and it looks good not the best looking game but doesn't look like shit.

6 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » Search