Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Echo of Soul | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Skyforge

Network:  RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,960,261 Users Online:0
Games:805  Posts:6,394,982
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Soooooo... State of the Game, anyone?

8 posts found
  MindTrigger

Advanced Member

OP  2/24/14 2:34:37 PM#1

I've had my eyes on this one, but never bought it since the launch version was largely a fail.  I have noticed the increased amount of work recently, and today's feature about the Gunslinger content seems interesting.  Can anyone speak to how the game is with the latest editions?  While this game can never be my MMO home away from home, it could be a fun casual game to play now and then, I think.  If there's enough content and freedom.

Thanks in advance.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

razor716

Novice Member

2/28/14 3:32:06 AM#2
agree on a game to play "now and then". i put 21 hours in and quit. i did find the combat, missions, and the vehicles mildly interesting but its awfully repetitive.
  lunatiquez

Advanced Member

2/28/14 3:41:42 AM#3
It's okay for a B2P game. Most B2P games only have 20-40 hours of gameplay anyway.
  HikaruShidou

Hard Core Member

2/28/14 3:51:57 AM#4
It's mostly a "play through the story and stop" type of game. There really is no value to keep playing it after the story.
  APThug

Novice Member

3/02/14 9:20:36 PM#5

For a $10 game I'd say its worth it. I've been playing it off and on since release. The shooting is very well done and is fun, so is the driving. Theres racing mini games, shooting mini games, quests, dungeons, centered pvp zones, and pvp arenas. Story is not that great but pushes you along to the action.

Just like Rift it has random events in the world called Arkfalls. Some are small, others are very large and usually require groups. Arkfalls are only worth it if you place top 3 on the scoreboard at the end. If you don't you've wasted your time lol. There are challenges everywhere too if you wanna 100% the game. Which is actually possible to do, due to lack of content. There are no roles just DPS or changing your gun to a healing weapon. You can throw down these things called spikes to give everyone around you a limited buff or just yourself.

PVP is kinda fun at first but done way better in other shooter games. Its all about shotguns and infectors in arena. Oh yeah and bunny hopping. The most popular power is cloak, because god only knows everyone loves stealth. Combine that with shotguns and you'll get two shooted in the back before you can even think. 

Overall I still think its fun. The shooting and decently difficult pve content is pretty good. Its like one of those games you play for like 7 mins and you feel like you got a lot done. The game is popular on Xbox 360 and ps3. Not very popular on PC. So get ready to feel like your the only one playing lol.

User Deleted
3/02/14 9:27:59 PM#6
Its worth the price as B2P. But as others have said its a quick fix kinda game, not a world to live in for long periods of time.
  MikeJezZ

Apprentice Member

Only in death, does duty end.

3/13/14 9:41:55 AM#7

A friend hyped me to pay full price for it.

My god how ripped off I felt.

You start as a rookie. You get skill points... You get newer gear... But theres really no difference between min and max gear. Theres some differences in stats, but its not noticeable, which ruins it for me sadly.

I  havent played it for... Years now? I played max up to a month after release before I had to let go. Tried to go back for around 6 months ago, but still the same shit.

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

3/13/14 7:18:47 PM#8
Played for what it is it's fun. I still get lost for hours just doing random events and missions. I take it as a fun shooter with persistent elements. Unfortunately many were expecting an MMORPG.