Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,791 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,970
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Is Defiance underrated?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  rwyan

Advanced Member

11/29/13 11:01:08 AM#21

At a decent price and taken for what it is, it is fun game.  Most players who seem to view it as an always online Borderlands-esque game tend to enjoy it.

Taken as a MMO with all the fixings, it is a bit of a let down.  But the mechanics are fun in short bursts, mostly the vehicles and gunning.  It is a great time killer if you are itching for some action but don't quite know what you're looking for.

Aldous.Huxley

Apprentice Member

11/29/13 1:21:54 PM#22
It's fun for about the first 7 hours. At that point you've experienced the entirety of the game & the repetition sets in.
  MikeJezZ

Novice Member

Only in death, does duty end.

12/10/13 4:32:34 AM#23

This game is not underrated, it is one of the games I regret buying last year (sadly paid full price).

Probably not the same reason as for many other in here. But there is no gear treadmill and it bores me. Why play a game where the weapon I get 5 years for now is as good as the weapon I start with?

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

Phry

Elite Member

12/10/13 4:54:12 AM#24
Originally posted by MikeJezZ

This game is not underrated, it is one of the games I regret buying last year (sadly paid full price).

Probably not the same reason as for many other in here. But there is no gear treadmill and it bores me. Why play a game where the weapon I get 5 years for now is as good as the weapon I start with?

The game was going for £3.50 on steam, at that price i thought i'd give it  a go, though bearing in mind im really not a fan of 3rd person shooters, it was a reasonable attempt at making one, things i didnt like though, character creation, very very limited, it looked like there was even less variation in Defiance than you get in WoW, if thats possible, which until now i didnt think it was, so the games off to a bad start by having such a low end character creation segment, once on the ground in game its not too bad, there are people playing that you do encounter occasionally, about the only times i saw people congregate was at various events you encounter, they might have been arc falls, though tbh, im not sure, they were very 'regular'  and seemed to follow a 'chain' that you had to chase around, but even then i don't think i saw more than a dozen people doing this.

I agree that the game at the time of release was not worth its box price, which is probably why its fallen in value so much since then, but its not a total fail of a game, its not worth buying any of the season passes, and im not sure why anyone would bother with them anyway, other than that the game doesnt seem to push a cash shop at you every 5 minutes, the weapons you pick up along the way are 'good enough' and the colour of the weapons is often at odds with how good they are, which can make things confusing, particularly if your used to 'purple' weapons being good, i'm not sure what you can buy in the cash shop because i never looked at it, and there didnt seem to be any pressure to use it, so in that sense i'ts one of the least intrusive of the F2P games i've ever tried, but its a casual game at best, good for the odd half hour or maybe an hour, more than that and the game becomes a bit too repetitious. So for £3.50 it wasnt a bad game, but i really don't think the game can be classed as being 'underrated'

User Deleted
12/10/13 5:00:04 AM#25
Its a great PvE shooter, definitely worth the price, but not sure if it has long term staying power that MMOs need.
  apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

12/10/13 5:36:52 AM#26
IMO yes.  I even liked the show. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

12/16/13 9:02:02 PM#27
It is, only because as hard as Trion tried to not bill it as an MMORPG or MMOFPS even that is what people expected.

It really is just a persistent shooter, it's no different than Borderlands other than it happens to be persistent instead of invitation.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

12/16/13 9:04:27 PM#28
And I don't think they ever intended for it to be a "play 24/7 hardcore MMO" players main game. But again, people tried to judge it like that.

Not every game is intended to entertain you for 120 hours a week from now until the end of time.

hfztt

Hard Core Member

2/23/14 4:24:09 PM#29
I bought it for less than $10 and I have had enough fun to cover that cost. With no sub you can hardly go wrong if the general gamplay (light fps) is your style. I was impressed by how little the game is affected by lag. I suspect that hitboxing is delegated to the client in PvE. I havent tried PvP yet, so I cant really tell. 
  Squeak69

Novice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

2/23/14 4:33:37 PM#30

i felt i got my oneys worth out of it, it was alot of fun for awhile but it just has nothing really to make it long term for me, no sence of immerion, and thts what i need for a game to last in the long run. 

on the other haand as i said its a fun game and i think its well worth the price, i looked at it more as a co-op game then a MMO though to be honest.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

3/13/14 11:19:49 AM#31
I am still playing & enjoying in game ,funy & great shooter MMO.

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

2 Pages « 1 2 Search