Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EverQuest | Guild Wars 2 | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,778 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,398
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Is this game even worth trying?

13 posts found
  MMOman101

Apprentice Member

OP  9/10/13 10:33:31 AM#1

Have not heard much about it.  The show never tied into the game like I thought it was suppose to.

It is $9.99 on steam, and that is not even on sale.  My guess is it will probably be available somewhere for 5 bucks in the next month or two. Will it matter though.  Is it worth even trying at any price at this point?

GrayImpact

Hard Core Member

9/10/13 10:45:09 AM#2

It was fun for a week or so, but it really doesn't have much content to offer.

It gets repetitive very quickly, and theres very little if any progression at all.

I honestly wouldn't recommend anyone buy defiance, i enjoyed it, but it really doesn't excel at anything and the game has no in game community to speak of whatsoever, no one uses chat for whatever reason.

Starting a new character after having experienced the game once, i was able to finish every mission and side mission in 2 days  ( No lifing It ) after which all thats left is PvP and boredom.

If you enjoy shooters, the game is okay, and maybe 10/5 bucks would do, but i wouldn't rate it higher then 6/10

Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

9/10/13 10:48:44 AM#3
If you are looking for a casual game to jump in and shoot bugs/mutants for an hour now and then, it is worth the $10.  If you really liked the show and want to experience a bit more of that world, it is worth the $10.  If you are looking for an actual MMO or a primary game to play, I would not recommend this one.  I jump in now and then when I have a little time to kill but I dont spend more than 3 hours a week playing it.  It is lite on content and you do the same things over and over again.  I didnt see much reason to group or join a guild and many of the weapons you find as you progress are less powerful than the starter weapons which takes a lot of the fun out of finding new gear.
  Celusios

Apprentice Member

9/14/13 4:50:50 AM#4
Originally posted by Talonsin
If you are looking for a casual game to jump in and shoot bugs/mutants for an hour now and then, it is worth the $10.  If you really liked the show and want to experience a bit more of that world, it is worth the $10.  If you are looking for an actual MMO or a primary game to play, I would not recommend this one.  I jump in now and then when I have a little time to kill but I dont spend more than 3 hours a week playing it.  It is lite on content and you do the same things over and over again.  I didnt see much reason to group or join a guild and many of the weapons you find as you progress are less powerful than the starter weapons which takes a lot of the fun out of finding new gear.

Pretty much nailed it. Well said. It's worth it because it's only 10$ and has enough time consuming content to keep you entertained every now and then. However just like Talonsin said, this isn't a primary MMO. It really lacks content.

User Deleted
9/17/13 3:46:43 PM#5

Install the worst single player FPS you own. Play it for 15 minutes and then repeat that same level over and over and over. You've now experienced Defiance without spending a dime.

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

10/02/13 8:07:00 AM#6

if you looking for casual mmo shooter game,friendly for peoples  with RL : YES , game is fun

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Scalpless

Elite Member

10/02/13 8:19:37 AM#7
Just buy Borderlands 2. It's on sale for 10$ quite often. Already have BL2? Play through it again.
  syriinx

Hard Core Member

10/02/13 8:53:44 AM#8
Originally posted by MMOman101

Have not heard much about it.  The show never tied into the game like I thought it was suppose to.

It is $9.99 on steam, and that is not even on sale.  My guess is it will probably be available somewhere for 5 bucks in the next month or two. Will it matter though.  Is it worth even trying at any price at this point?

For 10 bucks any mmo that you think might appeal to you is worth a shot.  The game has its fans, maybe you would be the next one.

Jeminai

Advanced Member

1/24/14 7:09:35 PM#9
as a fan I would i say it's definitely worth a try.
it's clear opinion is heavily divided about defiance so expect to love it or hate it.
as far as hating it, I think a lot if ppl make the mistake of comparing it and trying to categorize it.
in my opinion, try this if you enjoy no fuss action and if you are over spending your time grinding fantasy realms in a never ending quest to have the best gear. players in defiance remain equal in strength, but skill is obtained through experience by the player alone. forget filling up bars, you get back what you put in. if you find it dull, try a different weapon. challenge yourself.
  Karahandras

Apprentice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

1/24/14 7:12:07 PM#10
Originally posted by MMOman101

I've seen it on sale for £3.48 i think it was so should be able to get it for around $5 next time it's on sale.  I thought about trying it but couldn't be bothered waiting for the dl.

Has a free trial btw, if you want to try before you buy.

Rusque

Elite Member

1/24/14 7:17:16 PM#11
No. I got it for $3 or $5 during some steam sale. Still not worth it.
  Fearum

Apprentice Member

1/24/14 7:18:25 PM#12
No.
  DamonVile

Apprentice Member

1/24/14 7:19:16 PM#13
It was worth $5. I had fun playing it for about 1-2 weeks. I feel sorry for people that spent $60.