Trending Games | WildStar | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,638,668 Users Online:0
Games:678  Posts:6,073,501
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Steam sale 4.99USD

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
21 posts found
  aspekx

Advanced Member

OP  11/12/13 1:19:59 PM#1
just in case anyone was thinking of trying it out.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

11/12/13 4:55:17 PM#2
Yeah I am thinking of picking it up.  £3.49 in English pounds. I have lost more than that down the couch before.

psiic

Hard Core Member

11/12/13 4:57:19 PM#3
Gah all you had to do was sign up for extra life event they had, and they sent you a free download code.
  spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

11/12/13 4:59:44 PM#4
Originally posted by psiic
Gah all you had to do was sign up for extra life event they had, and they sent you a free download code.

I didn't know they where having an event. If so would have signed up. I was probably looking for money inside the sofa. ;)

sudo

Hard Core Member

11/12/13 5:05:12 PM#5
Glad I bought it for 100$ for digital CE preorder. Yay!

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

flizzer

Hard Core Member

11/12/13 5:09:57 PM#6
Im still wondering if it is worth it for 5 bucks.   I remember buying Tera at 15 bucks and figured of course I would play it.   After I realized how horrible that game was I think I played all of 2 days.  
  Aldous.Huxley

Apprentice Member

11/12/13 5:27:04 PM#7
Even though it's inexpensive, you'll still regret it. There's a reason it's down to 5 bones & it's not because it's good.
  BruceYee

Apprentice Member

11/13/13 12:25:28 AM#8
I just bought it and it's def worth my 5 bucks.

"If you can control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. When you determine what a man shall think you do not have to concern yourself about what he will do."-Winston Churchill

Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

11/13/13 12:31:21 AM#9
I definitely believe getting a burger from McDonalds instead of purchasing this game would bring you more enjoyment. That's just my two cents.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Solar_Prophet

Elite Member

11/13/13 12:32:11 AM#10
Originally posted by sudo

Been there, done that. Spent $150 on the CE & lifetime sub for Hellgate: London. Terribly underrated game brought down by a crap sub model & poor business decisions by that half-wit Bill Roper.

I swear if I meet that guy in an alley I'm shaking him down to get my $150 back. Lying sack of garbage.

Anyway, picked up Defiance myself. If it sucks, I"m out less than the cost of a fast food meal (remember when those were cheap?). If I get a few hours entertainment out of it, then so much the better.

I would just like to thank everyone for their hard work. You've been instrumental in making Bioshock the success it is today. However, I'm a selfish ass and will be starting a new studio, so all but 15 of you are fired.

-Ken Levine

Lobotomist

Hard Core Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

11/13/13 1:21:31 AM#11

I just bought it for 5$.

I quite enjoyed beta. And the game is fun ... certanly 5$ worth of fun.

So really , why not ?

DamonVile

Elite Member

11/13/13 1:46:25 AM#12
Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
Originally posted by sudo

Been there, done that. Spent $150 on the CE & lifetime sub for Hellgate: London. Terribly underrated game brought down by a crap sub model & poor business decisions by that half-wit Bill Roper.

I swear if I meet that guy in an alley I'm shaking him down to get my $150 back. Lying sack of garbage.

Anyway, picked up Defiance myself. If it sucks, I"m out less than the cost of a fast food meal (remember when those were cheap?). If I get a few hours entertainment out of it, then so much the better.

You know you can still play hellgate ? It's been live for like a year and they've added a few bits of content.

I might consider buying this one. I kinda like the show and $5 is really couch money.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

ReaperUk

Hard Core Member

11/13/13 2:09:57 AM#13
It's got to be worth $5. I bought it for full price when it first came out and got my moneys worth. I think I got about 60 hours of fun before running out of things to do. Consider it as a single player game with other players in the same area rather than a proper mmo and you won't be disappointed.
  corpusc

Apprentice Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

11/13/13 3:07:58 AM#14
Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley
Even though it's inexpensive, you'll still regret it. There's a reason it's down to 5 bones & it's not because it's good.

it's also not because its bad.

but there IS a reason, you're right about that part.

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects

pegleg

Advanced Member

Mastering the Art of Chill

11/17/13 2:49:48 AM#15
I got this game for the 5 dollar deal and have been downloading it for 4 days now. The patch server is shit.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

Daranar

Hard Core Member

11/17/13 3:10:23 AM#16

Def worth it for 5 bucks guys!   I paid 40 for my copy and I love this game.   It's not my number 1 go to MMO that I play day in and day out....come to think of it, i'm without one these days, but it really is a great game to spend like 50 hours on to start and then get into that rhythm of spending a couple hours a week popping in, running a dungeon, or hitting a couple PvP matches or just riding around on ur ATV running over and shooting things :)

Such a great game if you are casual (or hardcore and need a break from your main game) and just want to play for a 1/2 or whole hour at a time.   But obviously if you are one of those terribly negative people around here, yes just like ANY (and I mean LITERALLY 'ANY') game, you certainly can pay to wander through the game world finding every flaw and even every 'could have done this better' point.   But, then hey, atleast with this you only lose 5 dollars instead of spending 60 on a major release with great reviews only for you to give it a 1/10.   Lol, sorry, obviously ultra-negative, snide people annoy me, such a terrible outlook on life.

Obviously people will disagree, but def my favorite persistent world MMO-FPS-RPG type game.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

Phry

Elite Member

11/17/13 4:53:17 AM#17
Originally posted by corpusc

but there IS a reason, you're right about that part.

probably because in order to really play the game you need to also buy the season passes, and its very debateable whether they are worth the price at all... So yeah, there is a reason, and part of it is that the game, while not actually 'bad' isn't really all that good either

aspekx

Advanced Member

OP  11/17/13 4:56:21 AM#18
Originally posted by corpusc

but there IS a reason, and its not a happy one, you're right about that part.

fixed   }:)

a lot of times with these cheaped down mmo's, when im debating getting it i usually just view it as a single player game and ask myself how many hours might it get out of it.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Father_Jack

Novice Member

12/05/13 5:03:10 PM#19
Worth a try?
  Fendel84M

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

12/07/13 3:07:37 PM#20
Absolutely worth the price. Really fun game if you take it as a single player shooter with added mmo features.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search