Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,415 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,768
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » I am amazed at how cheap this became.

7 posts found
  Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

OP  9/20/13 1:50:45 PM#1

9.99$

Not even on sale. It took roughly 3 months for it to lose 80% of it's value. I imagine by the end of the year - F2P!

Makes me really laugh when I asked people about this and if I should wait, and I said "Well, maybe 6 months from now I can get it for like 9.99$ or cheaper."

They lol'ed at me, told me "Keep dreaming", and that It'd have to wait til NEXT years Steam summer sale for a price like that. Oh the lulz to be had. 9.99, not even on SALE!

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

atenema

Novice Member

9/20/13 1:57:57 PM#2

$9.99 is still too much. The game in general, is pretty terrible (in my opinion.)

It will most definitely be F2P sooner than later.

alkarionlog

Hard Core Member

9/20/13 2:19:59 PM#3
check the DLC price

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

Raventree

Novice Member

It is a double pleasure to gank the ganker.
-Raven Treeavelli

9/20/13 2:23:34 PM#4
Trion did such an amazing job with Rift that it is hard for me to imagine them falling down so hard on this game.  I suspect the schedule being set by the TV show and not the devs is responsible in large part for its failings.  Still, an MMO on my Xbox that I can play while lounging back on my couch instead of hunched over my keyboard is really appealing.  I already spend too much time on my computer and just want to spread some MMO goodness to my console.  I was hoping this game would fill that gap, but it isn't looking that way.

Currently playing:
Rift
Played:
SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
World of Warcraft, AoC

TribeofOne

Apprentice Member

9/20/13 2:27:49 PM#5
yeah Defiance is pretty bad BUT they recently announced that they will be redoing a lot of stuff and making a lot of gameplay and UI changes. Hopefuly Defiance will be worth its price soon™
  Karteli

Apprentice Member

9/20/13 2:39:19 PM#6

This could be a f2p move, other stores are liquidating the box down to what appears to be at-cost levels.  Checked Target, it's $10 there too.

A shame this game was prioritized over ArcheAge, but ah well, at least it's out and over with.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

flizzer

Hard Core Member

9/20/13 2:46:11 PM#7
I was waiting for the game to go on sale also, but I am unsure if I even want to pay the regular price of 9.99 at this point.  Also, I don't think that includes the dlc, which they are selling a season pass to buy.