Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,027 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,318
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 posts found
  Mr_Mechanical

Novice Member

OP  7/18/13 9:08:42 PM#1

Ok I only bought this game because it was $13 on a Steam sale.     I don't particularly like the show.  Feels sort of Joss Whedon cheesy if you know what I mean.

However, as I'm wanting to play something until FFXIV ARR comes out, I figured I should give this a go for a month or so and try to re-watch season 1 of Defiance just for giggles if anything.  

After seeing the 100000000000th Dodge Challenger in screenshots, footage, and advertisements, I decided to do some research into the mounts.  I figured, hey, they must have some pretty neat cars/trucks to choose from, all done up Mad Max style.

Well, I found some info that described 3 classes of transportation.   It basically says there are ATV's, CARS, and INDUSTRIAL/TRUCKS.  The difference between these being their speed and durability.  Reading further, I became disappointed to find that the "Cerberus" vehicles (big trucks and such) are only usable in PvP and Co-op 'phases' ?   That for normal gameplay, the only options for mounts is ATV and Dodge Challenger?

Is this true?       

I am not going to say "oh i don't like the mount system, screw this game" --  But, on the other hand, if this is truly the case, the marketting being shoved in my face like this utterly disgusts me.   Not only should I not have to give a shit about about Dodge Challengers when I'm playing a post apocalyptic sci-fi shooter, I shouldn't have to be forced to think about any real world car manufacturer while I'm in an MMORPG not based on cars.    

Does anyone else find this a bit .. I dunno if I can find the word.   But, it definitely takes me out of the game and makes me feel like I'm playing a commercial.       Same reason why I won't watch the Transformer movies.

Mr_Mechanical

Novice Member

OP  7/19/13 2:22:51 PM#2

... I've heard this game has over 1 millions sales, yet not one person can chime in and clarify this for me?

Let me simplify it.

In Defiance, are there any other mounts that can be used anywhere OTHER than Dodge Challengers??????   

Stimz

Advanced Member

7/19/13 2:25:43 PM#3
Yeah, there is an abundance of other vehicles ( well mostly colors), but ya can get ATVs, Dune buggys, things like that, the Dodge challengers alot of people use because their slightly Faster.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

8/22/13 2:13:47 AM#4

How could a game, that takes place on Earth, having real Earth cars like Dodge Challengers take you out of the game?

He's got a Dodge Charger in the show. I mean, yes obviously Dodge is one of their sponsors. But it fits in the world since it is still Earth though in the future. Mad Max would love to drive a Challenger.