Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Landmark | Villagers and Heroes | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,006 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,632
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Has this game changed?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  r3dl4nce

Novice Member

8/19/13 3:55:41 AM#21
Originally posted by Beauman

Actually, it was also very heavily advertised as a tight Transmedia link between the game and the show, of which it has failed misreably.

So, in fact, it was advertised as more than just a Shooter, or even a Shooter inspired by a show. The two were to be connected, but Trion Worlds can't get their P.R. straight since April, never mind the game itself.

The link between tv show and game exist, and it's what REALISTICALLY can be. Remember that the show is filmed WEEKS/MONTHS BEFORE it goes on tv, so it's impossible to predict what will happens IN REAL TIME in the game. However there are crossover with characters from TV show and game, there is the story about the contagion and its treatment found by the game players, there were the new missions and achievements after every episode and so on. What you thought, a TV show can't be filmed in real time, your was only a dream.

And the game is a MMO shooter, it's a shooter in a persistent, multiplayer, massive world, with massive random events (emergencies, arkfall), quests, pvp and so on... So, yes, it's more than "just a shooter"

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

8/21/13 1:15:39 PM#22
I recently started playing again and it feels like there's more random events happening which is nice. I enjoy that kind of content where I can just run/drive around and have things happen.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search