Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,814,906 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,213,790
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » NGE coming to Defiance?

4 posts found
  TribeofOne

Advanced Member

OP  8/16/13 3:37:44 AM#1
Anyone else been following the Defiance forums lately? with all the conflicting dev posts and weird and cryptic hints flying around? Do you feel a coming NGE in the air?
  Amegashie

Apprentice Member

8/18/13 5:10:41 AM#2
I doubt they have the ressources to pull off even an NGE lite. Looks to me like they just lack a professional communications management and people involved with the game are posting stuff they probably shouldn't.
  Beauman

Novice Member

8/19/13 12:26:25 AM#3
Originally posted by Amegashie
I doubt they have the ressources to pull off even an NGE lite. Looks to me like they just lack a professional communications management and people involved with the game are posting stuff they probably shouldn't.

I'd have to agree with that. While Trion Worlds owns the Defiance I.P., pretty much the entire franchise is being funded by Syfy (i.e. NBCUniversal, who is in turn owned by Comcast). NBCUniversal even funded 50% of Defiance development. So, Trion Worlds is only on the hook for 50% of what the game cost to make.

Given all the closures and firings Hartsman has been doing, I would not expect an overhaul to the game. As a matter of fact, I expect the game to be getting pretty much what it's been getting, and not much more. That is to say: not much.

Hell, even the DLC hitting on Tuesday has a vast bulk of the content free to everyone, with the paid-content being the Castithan race (which means squat in the game), charge blades, a truck that handles like a brick, and single-player run-the-gauntlet Arenas. Even the story missions are a Data Recorder that send you to about 4 missions that then unlock the Arenas. Sigh.

Defiance should have been an MMORPG, perhaps with action based combat ala DCUO or Neverwinter. I love the setting, lore, racial tensions, and politics. As a Shooter, the game does nothing to explore that, flesh out the Bay Area, or offer anything meaningful to the Transmedia model. To be honest, designed as a Shooter for that sort of Transmedia model with the show, the game was an utter waste of investment in my opinion.

TribeofOne

Advanced Member

OP  8/20/13 3:32:00 AM#4

well, during a recent Trion Live Stream there were more hints at major changes coming for Defiance. So i guess its anyones guess whether that mean NGE type change or not.

here is what Riftjunkies had to say based off the info they received from the stream .

• End of Nations will be temporarily placed on hold while Trion concentrates on RIFT, Defiance, and ArcheAge. Defiance will be seeing some major changes from the sounds of it.