Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Camelot Unchained

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,421 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,787
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Is the UI bad or what?

5 posts found
  DocBrody

Hard Core Member

OP  7/26/13 8:16:50 PM#1
Bought Defiance during the steam sale.. nice open world shooter, but the UI... whoever designed this should be replaced by an actual UI designer..horrible, unintuitive, consoly.. maybe works for Xbox but will PC users get a better UI than this?
  aspekx

Novice Member

7/26/13 8:23:42 PM#2
Originally posted by DocBrody
Bought Defiance during the steam sale.. nice open world shooter, but the UI... whoever designed this should be replaced by an actual UI designer..horrible, unintuitive, consoly.. maybe works for Xbox but will PC users get a better UI than this?

well they keep promising improvements.

the only interesting news on that front is the original overseer of the project has been replaced.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

DocBrody

Hard Core Member

OP  7/26/13 8:33:05 PM#3
Originally posted by aspekx

the only interesting news on that front is the original overseer of the project has been replaced.

Yes! JUSTICE!

Then there is still hope

Wraithone

Advanced Member

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

7/31/13 2:35:34 PM#4
Originally posted by aspekx

Yes! JUSTICE!

Then there is still hope

There usually is... But look what the last promise of "Hope and Change" ended up with... ^^  Its obvious that the PC audience is considered secondary at most.  Just look at the lazy, sloppy keyboard control system for vehicles, as just one of many examples.  The game could actually be much more fun, if they had spent a little more time (and thought) working on a mouse/keyboard design system.  Its too bad, as it has some good things going for it (I like the combat system, and the weapons selection).

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

7/31/13 2:37:44 PM#5

Not sure really,i played but i was dying to get out after only a few minutes.I think it was the UI that made it cumbersome or just not fun.It has been awhile and having only spent about 30 minutes,i can't even remember the UI anymore,i just know something was not right because it did look decent enough ,but i wanted out bad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond