Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,995 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,087
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » did Trion just pull a nonflattering thread on their forums?

5 posts found
  aspekx

Novice Member

OP  6/02/13 2:28:23 AM#1

the thread was interesting and i think well intended. people were concerned about the sustainability of Defiance after Trion's huge layoffs pointed to a financial crisis combined with lackluster sales for the game.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
One could be called finite, the other infinite.
A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

muffins89

Novice Member

6/02/13 2:36:51 AM#2
we can't really label the sales "lackluster" we don't know what sales goals they had.  also weren't the layoffs just because the games initial development and release were completed? 

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

User Deleted
6/02/13 4:00:33 AM#3

I'm not sure I see Trion in a financial crisis just yet.  The F2P conversion of Rift could keep the company in black ink, assuming it goes well.

Squeak69

Novice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

6/02/13 4:19:14 AM#4
Originally posted by muffins89
we can't really label the sales "lackluster" we don't know what sales goals they had.  also weren't the layoffs just because the games initial development and release were completed? 

companies dont have mass layoff of standard employees after production is done, they have ended contracts rather and every company dose let go alot of contract people after productions are done yes but its stndard industry practice and would not make news, plus alot of the people let go where on thier perment employee list not the contracted one.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Margulis

Advanced Member

6/04/13 1:37:43 AM#5
Originally posted by aspekx

the thread was interesting and i think well intended. people were concerned about the sustainability of Defiance after Trion's huge layoffs pointed to a financial crisis combined with lackluster sales for the game.

Wouldn't be the first time by a long shot.  I saw them pull pretty much every thread about the rampant hacking in the game and a few others that pointed out some serious issues also.