Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,732 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,298
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Disliked Defiance?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
28 posts found
  Zuvielify

Novice Member

5/22/13 1:37:13 PM#21
Originally posted by Fennris
The missing chat window is the bad part of the game for me. I don't know how they can fix that with console players running around because they can't all type.

I'm 25 or 30 hours in and I love how much better this is than most mmos - vehicles move fast, critters have AI and attack ranges are long. Also, no trinity. For me this is much closer to a next Gen MMO after EQ1 than Wow or GW2 or SWTOR. Assuming their cash shop doesn't try to nickel and dime me, I'll likely be playing this for awhile.

Console players are not on the same server as PC, so they could do something specific for PC. They may eventually, but I don't know of any interviews saying they will

emperorwings

Hard Core Member

5/22/13 1:38:13 PM#22
It's an average MMORPG and an average FPS. Nothing really that special. It's an OK game but that's about it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Fennris

Novice Member

5/23/13 10:23:42 PM#23
Originally posted by emperorwings
It's an average MMORPG and an average FPS. Nothing really that special. It's an OK game but that's about it.

Average MMO?  There's only one or two like it that I know of.  What do you mean average?  As for the FPS... again, only one or two allow for 50 people to be fighting in the same area for the same objectives.  You may not like it, you may not be impressed, but it's not just another shooter and it's not just another eq clone.

Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

5/23/13 10:26:10 PM#24
Originally posted by nicarift
Anyone out there that bought defiance for PC and didnt like it?

It has almost no content within the game. I feel a bit scammed from this product. I essentially have to wait for them to add DLC to equate to a standard MMO. Yeah, that's right. I think this game has less content then other MMO's recently released. So not only do I have no content right now. But I have to pay for any additional content they release.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Dahkoht

Novice Member

5/23/13 10:30:28 PM#25
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

It has almost no content within the game. I feel a bit scammed from this product. I essentially have to wait for them to add DLC to equate to a standard MMO. Yeah, that's right. I think this game has less content then other MMO's recently released. So not only do I have no content right now. But I have to pay for any additional content they release.

I don't feel quite scammed , but am extremely let down by Trion overall with this game. Just not at all up to the standards I'd expected of them after Rift.

I can see why it got in the 60's from PCGamer this month , it might be reasonable on the console side , but on the PC side , it's barely a passing grade for a full retail price game.

Mtibbs1989

Elite Member

5/23/13 10:36:38 PM#26
Originally posted by Dahkoht
Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

I don't feel quite scammed , but am extremely let down by Trion overall with this game. Just not at all up to the standards I'd expected of them after Rift.

I can see why it got in the 60's from PCGamer this month , it might be reasonable on the console side , but on the PC side , it's barely a passing grade for a full retail price game.

I'm in no way happy with this game. I personally feel like there's significantly less to do in this game than just about any other MMO I've played recently. Heck I played Neverwinter Online and beat it within the first 5 days of its release and I'm more content with the content they had in it. The content went by fast but there was something new or unique to do every 5-10 levels.

In Defiance, there really isn't much and if I want the game to feel like fully loaded game. I have to pay for the DLC and wait for it to slowly release. This game is a major let down and Trion will not be getting anymore of my money. I might be a nobody but I'd personally rate Defiance as a 3/10 on my scale. I expect better than this; especially when I have to fork over $60.00.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

Grunty

Hard Core Member

5/23/13 10:39:40 PM#27
Originally posted by Vannor

I was in the proper 'always on' beta for the game for months and didn't buy the game after.. if that helps.

I'd honestly say wait for a sale, if that's why you're asking.. but some people seem to love it so.. you could be one of them.

I was there too. The best way I can say it is during beta it was fun to play. Paying $60 to play it? It was no longer fun.

$30? Still not fun enough.  

$15? It's fun but there are better games to play with fewer glitches during my now limited game time.

Netspook

Advanced Member

6/03/13 7:25:23 PM#28
Originally posted by xBenzinx

Yep.

IMHO it's quite possibly the worst MMO ever made.  If someone plans to reply to that, keep in mind the 'IMHO' part of that statement.  

I agree.

It feels like there are 4-5 quests in the game, which you repeat over and over again. This lack of variation combined with the almost non-existant progression, makes it the most boring MMO I've ever played.

Bought it, played for roughtly 4 hours, won't touch it again. It's garbage. Imo.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search