Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,085 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,433
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » They must be trying for "Most unlikable main character"

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
41 posts found
  Gravarg

Spotlight Poster

5/09/13 11:12:03 AM#21
I don't really like Nolan, but Irisa is kinda cool, in a primal, dangerous hotty way lol.  My favorite character is Datak Tarr,  I like the Castithan race as a whole too.  Plus sitting around in a bath all day with Stahma doesn't hurt either lol.
  apocoluster

Advanced Member

\m/,

5/09/13 11:22:54 AM#22
Originally posted by Gravarg
I don't really like Nolan, but Irisa is kinda cool, in a primal, dangerous hotty way lol.  My favorite character is Datak Tarr,  I like the Castithan race as a whole too.  Plus sitting around in a bath all day with Stahma doesn't hurt either lol.

The interior shots of Datak's house hurts my brain especially the bath house. Lol are they bathing in milk?

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Betaguy

Hard Core Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

5/09/13 11:26:53 AM#23
Originally posted by kadepsyson
Originally posted by Mkilbride

Not talking about the game. About the show.

What I am saying is, this is from the same guy who made FarScape. Clearly, he was hit by a bus since then and lost the idea of originality.

Ah, well perhaps clarifying who and wtf you were talking about would have been a nice start.

I think the show revolves around several main characters, each getting their own time for development.  Next week focuses on Irissa, for example.

I prefer shows with many interesting characters instead of one character and things that may as well be talking furniture for all their story.

+10 for intellectual post.  There is no one main character there is many.  I love the show it is better than Walking dead, breaking bad, and arrow to me.  Defiance, Game Of Thrones and  Vikings are my three top shows of 2013, thus far.

Volkon

Novice Member

Facts do not require fiction for balance.

5/10/13 9:50:12 AM#24
Hmm... I like the show so far. Got a real "Daddy worried about his little girl who's growing up" vibe there with Nolan from the episode that explored her "vision". Being the daddy of a little girl who's growing up (11, it's coming... yikes!) it hit home a little bit. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

Alders

Hard Core Member

I cannot fiddle but I can make a great state of a small city.

5/10/13 9:58:12 AM#25
Originally posted by Betaguy

What I am saying is, this is from the same guy who made FarScape. Clearly, he was hit by a bus since then and lost the idea of originality.

Ah, well perhaps clarifying who and wtf you were talking about would have been a nice start.

I think the show revolves around several main characters, each getting their own time for development.  Next week focuses on Irissa, for example.

I prefer shows with many interesting characters instead of one character and things that may as well be talking furniture for all their story.

I love the show it is better than Walking dead, breaking bad

Whoa whoa whoa, i like the show, but this is just blasphemy.

I prefer ensemble casts with many flawed characters.  I absolutely cannot stand black/white right/wrong bullshit.  I do love my Han Solo characters though and I'll wait and see where the show goes.  It's definitely not Firefly though.

DMKano

Elite Member

5/11/13 1:36:53 AM#26

I am enjoying the show a lot - is it the best show on TV - no, but it's an awesome SyFy show, they haven't had a good one in years.

Bookah

Novice Member

"you are not prepared!"

5/23/13 10:53:06 PM#27

It's depressing as, in Farscape, Chriton was just so damn awesome. As was his entire cast. Memorable.

This, so far, is just unbelievably generic. The main character makes you want to hate him with being a walking cliche.

I think I see your problem here, Farscape is a once in a lifetime kinda show so your expectations are pretty massive :)

I agree they are different but I'm really enjoying Defiance so far, its also early but I think they have had some so-so episodes and some really awesome ones so far.

Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

5/23/13 10:54:08 PM#28
Lara Croft.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

OP  5/23/13 11:15:59 PM#29
Originally posted by Icewhite
Lara Croft.

She's got tits.

Nolan does not.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Draemos

Advanced Member

5/31/13 1:20:11 PM#30

It was pretty obvious what he was talking about.

breadm1x

Hard Core Member

6/05/13 12:13:42 AM#31
Originally posted by MindTrigger
Originally posted by Opapanax
Originally posted by DamonVile
They may as well of called the show Eurika2 it's the same plot pretty much.

You can only ask so much from SyFy tho. B-Rates has been there thing for so freaking long now.. HaHa

Ice Spiders, Swamp Valcano, the list goes on and on..

I love SyFy tho, most of their movies provide ample chances for  ROFLURFAO moments..

Still, it absolutely blows my mind that BSG was a SciFi Original, and now they come out with this garbage.  I like the show from the perspective of "there's little other sci fi to watch", but on any other merit, it's pretty weak.  I keep waiting for a character or two to jump out and make me care, but so far none of them have.  Compare this to a show like Firefly where each of the characters were extremely interesting, and they all meshed well together.  This isn't even in the same ball park.

I'll keep watching it because I know a lot of shows had weak launches until they hit their stride, but if they don't start pulling it together towards the end of the season, I don't see myself wasting the time. Hell, Caprica was way more interesting, and they canceled it after a season.  What about Stargate Universe?  Far and away better than Defiance and canceled.

BSG a SciFi original ? u do know it comes from 1978 long before SciFi channel even existed ?

Btw this series is gonna end up the same way as Terranova, Terminator : The sarah conner cronicles, Bionic Woman

aRtFuLThinG

Elite Member

6/05/13 1:11:28 AM#32

I don't think there are any more unlikable character than King Joffery from Game of Thrones, bar none.

To be unlikeable you actually have to be universally despised, like King Joffery.

I think what you are trying say is the most "uninteresting" main character?

Mkilbride

Spotlight Poster

OP  6/05/13 1:20:15 AM#33
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I don't think there are any more unlikable character than King Joffery from Game of Thrones, bar none.

To be unlikeable you actually have to be universally despised, like King Joffery.

Joffery is not a main character.

Help get Camelot Unchained made, a old-school MMORPG, with no hand holding!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

Reklaw

Hard Core Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

6/05/13 1:21:19 AM#34
Originally posted by MindTrigger
Originally posted by Opapanax
Originally posted by DamonVile
They may as well of called the show Eurika2 it's the same plot pretty much.

You can only ask so much from SyFy tho. B-Rates has been there thing for so freaking long now.. HaHa

Ice Spiders, Swamp Valcano, the list goes on and on..

I love SyFy tho, most of their movies provide ample chances for  ROFLURFAO moments..

Still, it absolutely blows my mind that BSG was a SciFi Original, and now they come out with this garbage.  I like the show from the perspective of "there's little other sci fi to watch", but on any other merit, it's pretty weak.  I keep waiting for a character or two to jump out and make me care, but so far none of them have.  Compare this to a show like Firefly where each of the characters were extremely interesting, and they all meshed well together.  This isn't even in the same ball park.

I'll keep watching it because I know a lot of shows had weak launches until they hit their stride, but if they don't start pulling it together towards the end of the season, I don't see myself wasting the time. Hell, Caprica was way more interesting, and they canceled it after a season.  What about Stargate Universe?  Far and away better than Defiance and canceled.

Like you I do keep watching due to the sheer lack of sci fi series. But I also feel the reference towards Eurika. Yeah BSG, Star Gate Universe where really something else compared to Defiance.

Perhaps it's going to become better, being a star trek fan it took me allot of Voyager eps before I started to like that show. Perhaps it takes several more eps from Defiance to get that same fibe?....dunno yet...

Lobotomist

Elite Member

I got so much trouble on my mind Refuse to lose.

6/05/13 1:26:10 AM#35

The show is so bad, i have given up on it completely. I think more or less everyone did too.

Reklaw

Hard Core Member

The adult I am takes care of most things real life. However my inner-child is a GAMER!!

6/05/13 3:23:21 AM#36
Originally posted by Lobotomist

The show is so bad, i have given up on it completely. I think more or less everyone did too.

Actually looking forward to coming weekend new season (3) Falling Skies.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

6/05/13 3:31:46 AM#37

Still really enjoy defiance the TV show that is.. i guess im just a sucker for sci-fi.

I have no issues with any of the characters really..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

aRtFuLThinG

Elite Member

6/05/13 5:51:35 PM#38
Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

Joffery is not a main character.

Joffery is one of the main characters - just because he is NOT loved doesn't mean he is not significant. By your definition Baratheons are also sideshow too - which clearly is not the case.

Game of Thrones is NOT an "Illustrated Story of Starks"... it is about ALL the successor houses. You clearly have no understanding of the series or the book. Best to stick to commenting on what you know mate.

Scalpless

Hard Core Member

6/13/13 4:18:46 AM#39
In narrative, a main character is a character whom the story follows. Joffrey is not one of GoT's main characters. He's very important story wise, but that doesn't change his role.
  Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

6/19/13 3:27:02 PM#40
I...am a Nolan fan myself. Though I'm a bigger Datak Tarr fan. The last episode has me saddened by Datak's ub3r dick move though.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search