Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,093 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,875
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Why the Defiance hate?

12 Pages First « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Search
224 posts found
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 750

4/25/13 8:08:23 AM#201
Originally posted by Thorkune
I recently picked up the game for xbox 360, and I feel the game is just as good as anything else out there right now. This is my first console mmo and I really like it.

Seeing the mess that PC version is i wish i had bought it for XBOX too.

  fallenlords

Novice Member

Joined: 5/16/10
Posts: 700

4/25/13 8:26:53 AM#202
Originally posted by Whitebeard

Yes that is what i am saying..stop pulling made up numbers out of you know where. I don't know what percentage neither do you. All i know is that issue of hacking and cheating is coming up more and more everyday.  I have noticed it myself in arkfalls and pvp. Forums has a lot of  players complainign on daily basis and even psoting videos as a proof. The point is not what percentage is using the hacks but what to do to make it stop from spreading further.

Weapon damage is client side and that is well known now. Some very popular cheat engines are easily available to download and use. If you think this problem won't get worse in future of PC players than you are in denial.

I could care less what other games had cheating problems. I am interested in Defiance.

Yes I am quoting 99% as a scientifically proven certified percentage.  I used 99% as an example to state that the majority of gamers are not cheats and don't hack.  Meaning a very small percentage of overall players cheat and hack.  You disagree with that, so what are your estimates?

 

One of the reasons I switched to console gaming was because of hacking.   I got fed up of being killed in Call of Duty by people using aimbots and other hacks.   With a console I can report the player within the game itself and on top of that report them in Xbox Live.  I even have certain utilities to avoid a specific player.  So overall I have minimal concerns on this whole issue.
  Whitebeards

Advanced Member

Joined: 12/02/11
Posts: 750

4/25/13 8:35:08 AM#203
Originally posted by fallenlords
Originally posted by Whitebeard

Yes that is what i am saying..stop pulling made up numbers out of you know where. I don't know what percentage neither do you. All i know is that issue of hacking and cheating is coming up more and more everyday.  I have noticed it myself in arkfalls and pvp. Forums has a lot of  players complainign on daily basis and even psoting videos as a proof. The point is not what percentage is using the hacks but what to do to make it stop from spreading further.

Weapon damage is client side and that is well known now. Some very popular cheat engines are easily available to download and use. If you think this problem won't get worse in future of PC players than you are in denial.

I could care less what other games had cheating problems. I am interested in Defiance.

Yes I am quoting 99% as a scientifically proven certified percentage.  I used 99% as an example to state that the majority of gamers are not cheats and don't hack.  Meaning a very small percentage of overall players cheat and hack.  You disagree with that, so what are your estimates?

 

One of the reasons I switched to console gaming was because of hacking.   I got fed up of being killed in Call of Duty by people using aimbots and other hacks.   With a console I can report the player within the game itself and on top of that report them in Xbox Live.  I even have certain utilities to avoid a specific player.  So overall I have minimal concerns on this whole issue.

Do you even read bro? i told you i am not into pulling statistics out of my behind to make a point. Statistics are irrelevant.What is important is to nip it in the bud before things get worse.

And i am glad you are not concerned. But as a PC player i am.

 

  fallenlords

Novice Member

Joined: 5/16/10
Posts: 700

4/25/13 9:18:44 AM#204
Originally posted by Whitebeards

Do you even read bro? i told you i am not into pulling statistics out of my behind to make a point. Statistics are irrelevant.What is important is to nip it in the bud before things get worse.

And i am glad you are not concerned. But as a PC player i am.

 

Well how about this then PopCap did a study, out of 120 million gamers they found over 10 million cheated. Of those that cheated, nearly half admitted to also cheating in real life on tax forms, stealing towels from hotels etc.

 

As you can see from those figure, 110 million gamers or there about aren't cheating.  Which out of 120 million, is the majority.  Fair enough my percentages where a bit off.  But just to prove a point here, the majority of gamers don't cheat if the PopCap study is anything to go by.

  Salio69

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/29/06
Posts: 420

4/25/13 12:42:34 PM#205

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

 

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

  Oceanhawk

Novice Member

Joined: 12/11/12
Posts: 21

4/25/13 1:23:20 PM#206
Originally posted by Salio69

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

 

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

You obviously haven't tried to play with a friend. The phasing in this game is so broken that it is easier to find a randon guy to play with than to bring a friend to the game and try to hunt together. 

 

I will give the point of the game being fun to you, but with a caveat. The game is fun for a limited amount of time, then it becomes somewhat repetitive and uninspired. Then you start seeing how game altering the bugs are and how rampant hacking has gotten. All of which lead to the demise of fun for most people.

It's funny, during the first 2 weeks the game was out you would get slammed by a dozen people if you posted anything even remotely considered negative on the official forums. THe fanbois would come out of the woodwork to try and prove your opinions are wrong. Now here we are a few more weeks into the game's life and now activity on the forums is starting to wane. It's much easier to post negative comments and not ever see a fanboi attack you. That right there proves in my mind that the game has already began to die off.

 

 

  User Deleted
4/25/13 6:37:07 PM#207
Best MMO ever.
  Panthien

Novice Member

Joined: 6/07/12
Posts: 566

4/25/13 6:58:37 PM#208
Originally posted by Oceanhawk
Originally posted by Salio69

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

 

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

You obviously haven't tried to play with a friend. The phasing in this game is so broken that it is easier to find a randon guy to play with than to bring a friend to the game and try to hunt together. 

 

I will give the point of the game being fun to you, but with a caveat. The game is fun for a limited amount of time, then it becomes somewhat repetitive and uninspired. Then you start seeing how game altering the bugs are and how rampant hacking has gotten. All of which lead to the demise of fun for most people.

It's funny, during the first 2 weeks the game was out you would get slammed by a dozen people if you posted anything even remotely considered negative on the official forums. THe fanbois would come out of the woodwork to try and prove your opinions are wrong. Now here we are a few more weeks into the game's life and now activity on the forums is starting to wane. It's much easier to post negative comments and not ever see a fanboi attack you. That right there proves in my mind that the game has already began to die off.

 

 

Actually its alot easier to post something positive now. When the game was released the forums where filled with rage and doomsayers, who'd jump anyone who didnt say something negative. Most of these ragers seem to be gone now.

Another reason why those "so called fanboys" stopped bothering to react to the same hand few of people who postly mostly negativity. Thats the main thing, it really are mostly the same people posting the same negativity over and over.

The game is no where near as bad as some of these naysayers make it seem, it has its issues and definately has some maturing to do, but time-spent Ive definately gotten my money's worth.

  User Deleted
4/25/13 7:54:15 PM#209
Originally posted by Panthien
Originally posted by Oceanhawk
Originally posted by Salio69

i love defiance, shadow wars is probably one of the funnest pvp i've ever played. i like how im am still trying to find the best pvp weapon ever, even after i found a few really good ones. i also love how you can play with anyone, from someone who has been playing from day 1 to someone who just started yesterday.

 

wow til this day i still consider to have the worst launch ever. its pretty fun today. the bugs/problems are nothing new to new mmos. however games do die when cheating is rampant. cheating in this game is starting to get really bad. its ruining both pvp and pve. trion still has sometime left to patch it/fix it. but i dont think the average consumer will wait forever. people will get sick of it and leave. even as much as i love defiance, even i have a limit.

You obviously haven't tried to play with a friend. The phasing in this game is so broken that it is easier to find a randon guy to play with than to bring a friend to the game and try to hunt together. 

 

I will give the point of the game being fun to you, but with a caveat. The game is fun for a limited amount of time, then it becomes somewhat repetitive and uninspired. Then you start seeing how game altering the bugs are and how rampant hacking has gotten. All of which lead to the demise of fun for most people.

It's funny, during the first 2 weeks the game was out you would get slammed by a dozen people if you posted anything even remotely considered negative on the official forums. THe fanbois would come out of the woodwork to try and prove your opinions are wrong. Now here we are a few more weeks into the game's life and now activity on the forums is starting to wane. It's much easier to post negative comments and not ever see a fanboi attack you. That right there proves in my mind that the game has already began to die off.

 

 

Actually its alot easier to post something positive now. When the game was released the forums where filled with rage and doomsayers, who'd jump anyone who didnt say something negative. Most of these ragers seem to be gone now.

Another reason why those "so called fanboys" stopped bothering to react to the same hand few of people who postly mostly negativity. Thats the main thing, it really are mostly the same people posting the same negativity over and over.

The game is no where near as bad as some of these naysayers make it seem, it has its issues and definately has some maturing to do, but time-spent Ive definately gotten my money's worth.

QFT  TYVM

  sancher36

Novice Member

Joined: 11/05/07
Posts: 455

4/25/13 9:39:25 PM#210

Defiance is not bad and I'm still enjoying it but I have played better :)

Few small things still irritate me but I'm sure trion will fix it

  Nate_Murder

Novice Member

Joined: 4/26/13
Posts: 1

4/26/13 5:36:26 AM#211

I've been enjoying it. I'm hooked on the game and the show.

There are countless negative threads for every game. Gaming forums are saturated with crying and complaining.  All people seem to do now a days IS complain. If you like a game, then play it and enjoy it. If you don't like it, then play another game. It's so simple. Don't let a bad apple spoil the bunch.

Daranar, it's a really good post but like what Lazarus71 said, "it will lead to nothing good".  If I were a moderator, I would have definitely locked this thread, way before it made it to eleven or twelve pages. 

  xpowderx

Advanced Member

Joined: 10/09/05
Posts: 4214

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
Richard Feynman, Nobel-prize-winning physicist

4/27/13 7:03:14 PM#212

Lol, LOVE this set f threads! Now as to why the HATE! Just blame me! It is my fault for all the Defiance hate. I endorse Defiance. Even stated its going to be game of the year. As well as said its the best game on the market at the moment.

Of course I personally love Defiance. Play it both on my pc and my playstation 3. Interchangable keyboard, controller and mouse makes this game AWESOME to play!  Very addictive! Can play this for days on end if time would permit! All one can say is UBER-EPIC-BOSS Battles!! Best Boss battles of any game I have played. I have played alot too!

Now you know! xpowderx is the reason for the HATE :-D

Success is your proof;
courage is your armour;
go on, go on, in my strength;
& ye shall turn not back for any!
— Liber AL III:46

  Grahl

Novice Member

Joined: 11/23/08
Posts: 15

4/29/13 1:13:41 AM#213
Originally posted by Boneserino
I would suggest watching the Angry Joe review.  I think he gives it a fair score when he says 5 out of ten but the possibility of improving.   And he definitely agrees that the gunplay is fun.

Yep, I agree with Angry Joe most of the time.  Normally I wouldn't buy a game that he rated only a 5, but if they got the gun play part right, a lot of other things like more content can come along later.  Trion was good about adding new content pretty fast with Rift, so hopefully that will carry over into Defiance also.

 

I bought Defiance just to pass the time running around shooting things.  I already played Borderlands 2 to death a while back, so I needed a new shooter, and shooter + MMO sounded even more interesting.  I've got plenty of other games to play if I get bored waiting for new content anyway, can always come back and play more when new things are added.

 

One thing I can say about Defiance already, the download client completely blows...internet has a hiccup, you start over again from zero.  Power goes out?  Start over.  Patching error?  Start over.  Complete BS for people that have download caps from their provider, mine is unlimited but I would be seriously PO'd if it wasn't since I had to start over twice after downloading about 15 GB altogether.  Who the hell makes a download client without a resume download function?  Is it 1998 again or something?  Like everybody is going to download 15+ GB without any problems?  Dumbasses.

 

Uhh, yeah, anyway...I agree, people should watch Angry Joe's review.  It's pretty fair, points out a lot of problems and some of the good things about Defiance also.  So far, the downloader is the biggest negative I have seen.

  VincerKaden

Novice Member

Joined: 8/12/06
Posts: 460

5/02/13 8:46:09 PM#214

The show is good, the game is good. The game doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. And it's not a typical MMO, which I find refreshing. I'm pretty much sick of new games that just follow the old formula: Here's your mailbox, here's the auction house, oh, and there's your skill tree, your crafting stations, so on and so forth.

Defiance let's your drop right into the action and play for as long as you please. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just play. Or don't.

Besides, hating a video game and spending time online to tell others of said hate is just... goofy. Makes no sense at all.

  RolleZ

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/13/12
Posts: 37

5/06/13 1:35:01 AM#215
It's a bare bones MMO, fast and cheap action and so full of bugs you wonder if they spent 5 minutes in QA.
  User Deleted
5/07/13 9:53:14 AM#216

Bought Defiance, love the game, like the show. But I like most if not all games. 

 

  BrucyBonus

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 3/30/13
Posts: 224

5/07/13 9:57:30 AM#217
I enjoyed the game for a couple of weeks and the gameplay was a lot of fun.  It just didn't have enough content/ diversity to keep me playing and I just did not anticipate that the episodes would add a great deal so didn't really bother with them (have they even released any yet other than the first one they took back down?).  
  MikeJezZ

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/08/04
Posts: 1198

Only in death, does duty end.

5/26/13 6:57:38 PM#218
When I found out that ego and gear didn't matter and there's no progression like in gw2, I logged out and uninstalled the game

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

  Squeak69

Novice Member

Joined: 1/21/13
Posts: 959

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

5/26/13 7:00:02 PM#219
Originally posted by MikeJezZ
When I found out that ego and gear didn't matter and there's no progression like in gw2, I logged out and uninstalled the game

why couldnt get your e-pean up without a way to makeyourself supiroir to other players.

i hate this additude, what happend to playing games for fun and not to makeyourself seem better then others.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

  Squeak69

Novice Member

Joined: 1/21/13
Posts: 959

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

5/26/13 7:00:57 PM#220
Originally posted by Vayman

The show is good, the game is good. The game doesn't pretend to be anything it's not. And it's not a typical MMO, which I find refreshing. I'm pretty much sick of new games that just follow the old formula: Here's your mailbox, here's the auction house, oh, and there's your skill tree, your crafting stations, so on and so forth.

Defiance let's your drop right into the action and play for as long as you please. There's no right or wrong way to do it. Just play. Or don't.

Besides, hating a video game and spending time online to tell others of said hate is just... goofy. Makes no sense at all.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

12 Pages First « 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » Search