Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,740 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,792
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » metacrtic score, only game devs and publishers read these reviews.

17 posts found
  archeageking

Apprentice Member

OP  4/18/13 6:27:15 AM#1

metacritic scores here

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/defiance/critic-reviews

only game devs and publishers and bgame companies care about these score

WhiteLantern

Novice Member

4/18/13 6:29:03 AM#2
Originally posted by archeageking

metacritic scores here

And you, apparently.  (?)

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Doogiehowser

Novice Member

4/18/13 6:32:09 AM#3
I won't say i care but i do take them into consideration before i am about to buy a game.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

User Deleted
4/18/13 6:34:41 AM#4

metacritic scores here

I do find it interesting that the professional reviews see more in the middle ground, wheras user reviews are either positive or negative.

I think that shows why some people still prefer critic reviews, they tend to be more tempered with both pros and cons, wheras users will just polarise one way or the other. Im sure most of the 9 and 10 votes are just because those players think its unfair that others are downvoting it, rather than the game actually being worth that. And vice versa for the 0 and 1 scores.

JeroKane

Elite Member

4/18/13 6:39:40 AM#5
It's just funny all the "die hard" fans are trashing IGN at the moment, while the majority of gamers are giving DEFIANCE a "mediocre" rating as well.
  thexrated

Novice Member

4/18/13 6:44:54 AM#6
Have not played, but seen gameplay and read reviews from both critics and players. It seems that a fair rating for the game seems to be around 60-70 for Defiance. It is also the rating I would give for the tv-series based on the first episode.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Vorch

Apprentice Member

4/18/13 7:41:56 AM#7
Originally posted by evilastro

metacritic scores here

I do find it interesting that the professional reviews see more in the middle ground, wheras user reviews are either positive or negative.

I think that shows why some people still prefer critic reviews, they tend to be more tempered with both pros and cons, wheras users will just polarise one way or the other. Im sure most of the 9 and 10 votes are just because those players think its unfair that others are downvoting it, rather than the game actually being worth that. And vice versa for the 0 and 1 scores.

Yup. I think metacritic should retain numerical scores for critics and just give users the thumbs up or down option.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Ikeda

Hard Core Member

4/18/13 7:55:32 AM#8

IMO, the game IS mediocre.  But it's still a game, and it still is making me have a little bit of fun.  Rift sucked at launch.  I came back a year later and subbed for 18 months.  Who knows where this'll end up.  I got caught up and bought the Ultimate edition (I also bought the TOR collectors edition).  The difference is I already played this MORE than TOR.  Soooooooo what does that say?

As for Metacritic, I sort by review but then I scan through a few of each.  You get a good general idea about games that way.  Some games, I don't feel like waiting for reviews on.  IMO it's kind of like comedies at the movies.  YOU KNOW the critics generally give them a low rating.  Even ones that'll make your sides hurt from laughter.  So you take it with a grain of salt.  In general you can find the truth somewhere in the middle.

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

Agent_Joseph

Hard Core Member

4/18/13 10:14:13 AM#9

all reading it but most players dont care for that crap

I give Defiance 9.5 but , Bioshock Infinite is crap game for me i give 1 , ... cmon calm down ...it is all about personal opinion  or ... mooney

For 100$,  I ll change my opinion.

only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

Margulis

Advanced Member

4/18/13 11:13:33 AM#10

metacritic scores here

You seem to know a lot about what people do.  I look at those too though, surprised you didn't know that already.

User Deleted
4/18/13 11:27:40 AM#11

metacritic scores here

I  doubt it very seriously. What kind of proff do you have to back that statment up?

User Deleted
4/18/13 11:29:24 AM#12
Originally posted by evilastro

metacritic scores here

Who are these Professionals? Can you name them with proff?

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

4/18/13 11:57:05 AM#13
Originally posted by JeroKane
It's just funny all the "die hard" fans are trashing IGN at the moment, while the majority of gamers are giving DEFIANCE a "mediocre" rating as well.

Just about as funny as people choosing which side of that fence they wish to stand on, depending on what suits their current agenda.
  StonesDK

Apprentice Member

4/18/13 11:59:55 AM#14
Nothing wrong with IGN when they thrash something I agree with. If I disagree then IGN Is a worthless corrupt review site.
  lordtwisted

Advanced Member

4/18/13 12:47:48 PM#15

I can agree with a medicore score. I like the game, and the TV show. 

I don't feel that the game had any bonus points from these reviewers for stepping away the normal, and trying something new.

Why do I think they should? Being the first to do something isn't what typically sets the standard in this industry. It's usually the second or third person that took the first design and improved the crap out of it. 

How many of you can name the first graphical MMO? There were technically two, and I won't deal with the argument of which one of those two were first, I will take either answer as correct. 

Hint: Do not go by what Wikipedia say, they are wrong.

Not so nice guy!

muffins89

Novice Member

4/18/13 12:55:17 PM#16
if only review sites were consistant with how they reviewed games.   that defiance score is probably about right.  swtor has an 85 on metacritic.  reviewers need to be just as harsh or as easy on every game.  and not throw out 95 to every new big budget game.  that way when they do give a 90 people will say 'wow a 90' i might have to check that out.''  i do visit metacritic when looking into a game,  but i tend not to look at numbers becuase they meaningless.  i read the reviews and see what is being said.

I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

rwyan

Advanced Member

4/18/13 9:08:43 PM#17

As a MMO, Defiances stumbles quite a bit.

However...

As an always-on, CO-OP/PVP TPS, its quite a bit of fun.  In short bursts here and there, the gunplay is more than fun enough to keep me coming back.  

However...

For my MMO fix, I have TSW and Rift and (crossing fingers on FF14 2.0).