Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | Dragon Age: Inquisition

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,664 Users Online:0
Games:686  Posts:6,082,821
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Reasons you SHOULD buy Defiance!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
42 posts found
  SpottyGekko

Elite Member

3/30/13 5:06:53 PM#21
Originally posted by DC1388

1 reason not to play, AUTO AIM!

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

I think you've lost your way, the negative thread is there => http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/380869/Reasons-YOU-SHOULD-NOT-BUY-Defiance.html

tofke

Apprentice Member

Sometimes I wish I was a balloon!

3/30/13 5:08:27 PM#22
Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p
  bestever

Apprentice Member

3/30/13 5:08:45 PM#23
Originally posted by Karteli
Originally posted by Cryroth
Originally posted by Karteli
Originally posted by Raserei

7.) Buy to play. One price (59.99) and you never have to pay again. DLC is optional and so is the cash shop. Some of the DLC's are also going to be free.

This one is severly iffy.  Can you validate that statement with a dev quote saying they will never go P2W?

Having DLC in the first place means something is up ... maybe just for extra "content" .. however that "content" could be gamebreaking.  Most DLC is, buy up, or you are forever gimped!

one of there livestream : cash shop is exp boost , camo for car ,new outfits and new DLC (free and paid) so nothing pay to win here

Great.  Link the source.  Thanks!

Here's the linkhttp://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/602/view/videos/play/3000/MMOFTW-Live-Ep-15-Exclusive-Defiance-Preview-with-Trion-Worlds.html. Look its right on this site WOW. Also DLC is nothing new and a far better way of giving content then one expansion once a year. Its a good deal. Its doing this as well because its a huge thing for consoles and many other games on pc. The new bioshock has a season pass (aka DLC). 

bestever

Apprentice Member

3/30/13 5:20:04 PM#24
Originally posted by tofke
Rose tinted glasses, and in a few months they are all bored of it since you'll be doing exactly the same thing you did in the first few hours of the game. :p

WOW just like every other mmo. Shocking 

tofke

Apprentice Member

Sometimes I wish I was a balloon!

3/30/13 5:44:48 PM#25
Originally posted by bestever

Yes and maybe the point was: just tell it like it is rather than hyping it LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO!  ;)

Raserei

Novice Member

OP  3/30/13 5:46:30 PM#26

Auto aim isn't good because then you can't hit the critical points on monsters. I will be turning it off and getting 100% headshots/critical shots.

I laughed at one youtube video because he was attacking one of those crystal even monsters in the black area when the red area was exposed. You hit the boss for like 50 on the black area but you hit for 450 on the red area. Critical spots = gg so if you use auto aim, you are gonna be one of those dudes spending 600 hours per boss.

I can't wait to play the game!

bestever

Apprentice Member

3/30/13 9:09:41 PM#27
Originally posted by bestever

Yes and maybe the point was: just tell it like it is rather than hyping it LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO!  ;)

That is what he is doing. He post the things about the game that he likes. He never said that it was like that or not. Its you that had to come in and point out something that doesn't even matter. We all know how mmos are. I don't take what he said as hype at all because he's also explaining good reason for buying the game which are true.

n00bit

Novice Member

3/31/13 1:25:27 AM#28

So, a few months of enjoyment for $60? Sign me up kiddo.

Calibanvov

Novice Member

The price of peace, is eternal vigilance.

3/31/13 1:38:58 AM#29

Great list.

Dont forget the achievments in the the game.  Its very detailed. Like kill X number of guys, while driveing X number of miles, while getting X number of headshots unlocks a certain uniform or other bonus.

Agrias34

Novice Member

3/31/13 1:44:43 AM#30
Read through the first 10 reasons and none of them will make the game fun or entertaining to keep my attention and actually play the game.  My eyes were already scorned enough from the first 10 I couldn't keep reading the rest of the small and simple truths of the game.  Too bad none of them actually will make the game any better, still a bad game.
  Shadanwolf

Novice Member

3/31/13 1:47:51 AM#31
If the game had 24/7 ongoing faction vs faction conflict..it would have my attention.
  Arglebargle

Elite Member

3/31/13 1:59:04 AM#32

Reasonably fun game.  Not $60 worth of fun though.   Maybe $20 or 25. 

If you have the moolah burning a hole in your pocket, you could do a lot worse.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

GreenHell

Novice Member

3/31/13 2:02:06 AM#33

Threads telling me the reasons why I shouldn't buy it, threads telling my the reasons I should. The only thing everyone can seem to agree on is the UI sucks for PC. At least there is some sort of common ground.

I think I'm just going to sit this one out and see where it goes. In a few months if everything seems to be heading in the right direction I'll give it a try.

Raserei

Novice Member

OP  3/31/13 3:16:48 AM#34
Originally posted by GreenHell

Threads telling me the reasons why I shouldn't buy it, threads telling my the reasons I should. The only thing everyone can seem to agree on is the UI sucks for PC. At least there is some sort of common ground.

I think I'm just going to sit this one out and see where it goes. In a few months if everything seems to be heading in the right direction I'll give it a try.

Watch some twitch live streams during launch week. You will see if it is the game for you. 

dinos_21

Hard Core Member

3/31/13 3:32:24 AM#35

This game requires no skill its for casuals and people who can't hang in other FPS games. 

whaaat? it has autoaim? had no idea! i  played it without autoaim and i had a blast, you see i like to challenge my self a bit that getting everything ready ;P

Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden
I longed for her beauty
Yet from dust, she returned
The dream, an enigma.... silent

Laromuss

Apprentice Member

3/31/13 3:45:50 AM#36

What auto aim?  There is some aim assist for the Xbox 360 and PS3 players but no auto aim.   Maybe if you run some 3rd party auto aim hack then sure.

Phry

Elite Member

3/31/13 3:51:27 AM#37
Originally posted by Laross

What auto aim?  There is some aim assist for the Xbox 360 and PS3 players but no auto aim.   Maybe if you run some 3rd party auto aim hack then sure.

Come to think of it, isnt this year the year that Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles, and given that the PS4 will not support PS3 games, and i think the same with the XBOX, wouldnt that preclude anyone who intends to get the new consoles from buying the ps3 and 360 versions of Defiance, and to opt instead to buy the PS4 and 720 versions of the game instead..as for the auto aim, its to help the console players compete due to speed/accuracy limitations of using a gamepad vs a keyboard/mouse combo, so probably an acceptable modification.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

3/31/13 4:01:40 AM#38
Originally posted by Phry

Come to think of it, isnt this year the year that Sony and Microsoft release their new consoles, and given that the PS4 will not support PS3 games, and i think the same with the XBOX, wouldnt that preclude anyone who intends to get the new consoles from buying the ps3 and 360 versions of Defiance, and to opt instead to buy the PS4 and 720 versions of the game instead..as for the auto aim, its to help the console players compete due to speed/accuracy limitations of using a gamepad vs a keyboard/mouse combo, so probably an acceptable modification.

It should "preclude" people from buying the 360/PS3 versions of Defiance. But that will only happen if they are both sensible and patient.

You and I both know how well THAT will go... 

Of course, the same logic applies to ALL console games. Nobody should buy another console title until the new boxes are released. Yeah, riiiight....

bestever

Apprentice Member

3/31/13 4:02:51 AM#39
Originally posted by Phry

No mouse/keyboard vs gamepad so thats not why and the only thing I've seen is aim assist. Most people don't run out and get the new consoles and I'm sure they will have a shortage as always, plus its like 6 months+ before they even come out.

User Deleted
3/31/13 5:48:10 PM#40
Does anyone know if I buy a xbox controller for this game and use it on  my PC will it work better then using keybord?
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search