Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,361 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,074,903
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Let's Play Defiance. A New players perspective of Defiance: Closed Beta.

15 posts found
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/22/13 6:04:32 PM#1

Hello, and welcome to my Defiance Let's Play Thread. I'm not expert at doing Let's Play videos but I do want to share my experience when it comes to playing games and most my joy comes from MMORPG's. So this is going be a shorter series since it is closed Beta and not the release of the game.

I hope you guys and girls Enjoy it and if you have any questions or comments or even suggestions then feel free to ask me 

Episodes:
Let's Play Defiance: Closed Beta - Episode 1 - Intro & Character Creation & Starting Zone
Let's Play Defiance: Closed Beta - Episode 2 - My First ATV and Mission Running
Let's Play Defiance: Closed Beta - Episode 3 - Arkfall has landed & I suck at racing
Let's Play Defiance: Closed Beta - Episode 4 - Pest Control
Let's Play Defiance: Closed Beta - Episode 5 - Team Deathmatch

Other Let's Play Series:
Rift: Storm Legion

kanehart Xfire Miniprofile
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/24/13 5:37:46 AM#2
Just updated the main post and added 2 more episodes. I will only bump every couple days not to be a bother :) Thanks for watching and looking forward to feedback!
  Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

3/24/13 1:02:33 PM#3

I like all of your "let's play" videos alot for various reasons.

To name two of them, your play-style is alot like mine nowadays and your make it easy for the viewer to keep focus on the gameplay, i.e. rather present the game instead of yourself (like many people who upload videos do with their nonstop blabberingg, acting up and overall attitude). Back to your play-style, your approach to the game is so much like my own that i could very well imagine to have played along with you in one of your episodes -in theory ofc.

Just yesterday i watched your Rift clips and they reminded me what a beauty that game is visually. I do think that with your Rift series you are a bit late to the party. After like 2 years, i guess everyone is beyond fed up with the starting area and low level zones :)

Thats just some thoughts, keep the clips coming!

Back from the banned...again.

kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/26/13 6:10:03 PM#4
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/29/13 10:28:26 PM#5
Thanks everyone. The last episode is up for the Closed Beta. I had a wonderful time and do recommend buying the game on release. I unfortunately don't have the pocket money right now but I will be with you guys when I do!

Hope you have a wonderful time!
  DMKano

Elite Member

3/29/13 10:54:18 PM#6
Originally posted by kanechart
Thanks everyone. The last episode is up for the Closed Beta. I had a wonderful time and do recommend buying the game on release. I unfortunately don't have the pocket money right now but I will be with you guys when I do!

One thing that helps in PvP is getting a couple of folks to drive one of those armed vehicles - that machine gun is LETHAL, most powerful gun in the game by far.

Also my advice is to NEVER stand still when unstealthed in PvP, just move constantly!

I don't play a sniper in PvP as I don't like the style personally, but movement is key in PvP, aiming etc will come with practice, but just run all the time.

Nice video.

Also advice on those arkfalls - the flyers shoot the tar that snares you, gotta kill those fast as if you get tarred, you can't escape the Hellbug Warriors (they burrow and then jump at your feet underground for huge damage).

Also if you see elite_versions of any of those make sure you have backup. 

Another tip - the yellow areas on hellbugs are their vulnerable spots, so mouths, underbelly anything glowing yellow (especially on the elite and BIG bugs) aim for that, as the bigger they are the thicker their armor is and the bigger their immunity to damage is.

kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/30/13 6:19:22 AM#7
Originally posted by DMKano
Originally posted by kanechart

One thing that helps in PvP is getting a couple of folks to drive one of those armed vehicles - that machine gun is LETHAL, most powerful gun in the game by far.

Also my advice is to NEVER stand still when unstealthed in PvP, just move constantly!

I don't play a sniper in PvP as I don't like the style personally, but movement is key in PvP, aiming etc will come with practice, but just run all the time.

Nice video.

Also advice on those arkfalls - the flyers shoot the tar that snares you, gotta kill those fast as if you get tarred, you can't escape the Hellbug Warriors (they burrow and then jump at your feet underground for huge damage).

Also if you see elite_versions of any of those make sure you have backup. 

Another tip - the yellow areas on hellbugs are their vulnerable spots, so mouths, underbelly anything glowing yellow (especially on the elite and BIG bugs) aim for that, as the bigger they are the thicker their armor is and the bigger their immunity to damage is.

Thanks so much for the tips. I hope you have a great launch! 

rojo6934

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

3/30/13 6:49:32 AM#8

just watched the episode 5. Nice video. By the way, the weapon you had with a green symbol i think its called nano effect. There are various types, the green one which is toxic, a blue one which snares the enemy (slow down i think), electricity, syphon, etc. I noticed the electricity one is more effective against cyborgs (or maybe i was just lucky to proc the electrical effect with almost every shot lol). I love sniper / shotgun with cloak skill.

Anyway, nice vid man.

"in peace, in sleep under the barren, abandoned soil"

kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/30/13 2:39:48 PM#9
Ahh sweet :) Thanks for the information. You guys are amazing!
  rojo6934

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

3/30/13 2:46:13 PM#10

np :p

by the way, what software you use for your videos? i tried recording with Fraps and a 4 minute vid is like 3gb.... I have Sony movie studio platinum but i dont know if that reduces the size of the fraps vids without sacrificing quality. Im a noob with vids, gotta check some tutorials.

"in peace, in sleep under the barren, abandoned soil"

DMKano

Elite Member

3/30/13 4:55:39 PM#11
Originally posted by rojo6934

just watched the episode 5. Nice video. By the way, the weapon you had with a green symbol i think its called nano effect. There are various types, the green one which is toxic, a blue one which snares the enemy (slow down i think), electricity, syphon, etc. I noticed the electricity one is more effective against cyborgs (or maybe i was just lucky to proc the electrical effect with almost every shot lol). I love sniper / shotgun with cloak skill.

Anyway, nice vid man.

There are quite a few effects - fire does damage over time, I prefer the Volge blue plasma weapons as they seem to have armor penetration. I think that type is called Cold-Fire as that is the signature of Volge biotechnology weaponry.

McGamer

Novice Member

"Fear leads to Anger, Anger leads to Hate, Hate leads to Suffering" -Master Yoda

3/30/13 5:04:08 PM#12
Great vids, I look forward to launch myself.
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  3/31/13 2:46:11 AM#13
Thanks everyone. Enjoy your launches! 
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  4/01/13 6:16:21 PM#14
I don't have the game but it seems that people can get on right now. It sounds like a April fools but you can get on. Now if they decide to wipe tomorrow then that is another thing...
  kanechart

Tipster

OP  4/02/13 4:19:00 AM#15

The servers are live the steam sales are over and this let's play series is now over and done!

Thanks so much once again for watching I hope you guys have a blast and I might see you in the game in the future!