Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,460 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,870
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Band of Brothers (PC) Defiance

11 posts found
  Necroshan

Novice Member

OP  3/12/13 8:32:52 PM#1

Guild: Band of Brothers

Site: http://bandbrothers.enjin.com/

Age Req:18+

Band of brothers is recruiting for Defiance. By all accounts, the game is going to offer a different experience than the typical MMO. We find this exciting and a welcome change from the formula present in many other games today.

We are a group of mature gamers who have in many cases led guilds or acted in a leadership capacity in WOW, EQ2, SWTOR, AOC, and most of the other popular titles. We gauge maturity by how someone acts not by physical age so we don’t have an age restriction.

We don’t have a lengthy questionnaire to fill out or a requirement that you play a certain number of hours a week. Nor do we require you to spec your character a certain way or conform to any number of other rules. Play what and how you wish as long as you respect your guildmates and the community.

What we are looking for is like-minded people with whom we can experience this game. We want you to be a fit and if you join us, it will be a chance for you and us to determine if that’s the case. Most of our applicants have joined and play with us today. A few have not worked out; such is life.

We can use salty language. We enjoy busting on each other to a certain extent although it is all in good fun. We tend to learn the game we are playing and share that knowledge with each other. So while we are not necessarily statisticians, we are good , experienced, thoughtful, players. We learn our classes together and help each other grow in a game together. As such, we are open to criticism and learn from each other; all in a focus to play the game and have fun. Fun trumps everything else. Fun is why you play a game - right?

Defiance unlike many other games, won’t be a race to the “end game.” If you are looking for some people with whom to experience this game, we may be a fit and we would love to welcome you to the brotherhood.

I will not lie, we have never been or will be a HUGE guild. We are casual but enjoy gaming together. This game just became known to a few us just several monts ago. I am now hooked and have about 10 current BoB guys joining me in Defiance. If you want a fun, mature groupof folks that plan on kicking some bugs around feel free to drop in. We are in the process of adding a Defiance section so drop by and ay hello.

Check us out at www.bandbrothers.enjin.com. You can apply for forum membership at the top of the page. We also run a public Mumble server if you want to jump in and chat with us. Instructions are on our forums after we grant access.

Necroshan (PC Defiance Clan)

Necroshan

Novice Member

OP  3/20/13 5:12:03 PM#2
Have added some cool folks in the last few day but still looking to add some quality people for launch. Come visit. Necro
  User Deleted
3/20/13 5:14:31 PM#3
it just ain't the same without expensive shit you can lose and Sir Molle having access to it :(.
  jonp200

Apprentice Member

3/28/13 12:27:07 AM#4
Enjoyed the heck out of beta - This is going to be a fun game.. Come check us out!

Seaspite
Officer
The Band
Bandbrothers-tdd.enjin.com

nicarift

Novice Member

Keep your eyes open.

3/28/13 12:29:36 AM#5
Im excited to see BOB's tag again! if i get the game ill deffinetly try and hook up with you guys!
  sancher36

Apprentice Member

3/30/13 6:17:53 AM#6

As I am someone who knows the guys in Band Of Brothers Guild and in how the guild came about I will be staying so clear of them. 

Leaving *notnamingguild* was a good thing for the rest of us that stayed on :)

I know who you are too necro as I have spoken to you on many occasions

Oh tell terrik I said good luck 

Lowdos

Advanced Member

3/30/13 7:24:52 AM#7

Hah. I was watching an archived Twitch livestream of the Trion guys playing the beta from last week, and they had Defiance lead actor Grant Bowler as a guest.

Now he claimed to be a huge EVE online player, and when he saw some BOB players, he was like - "Not them assholes again".

User Deleted
3/30/13 7:33:30 AM#8
  Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

3/30/13 7:45:37 AM#9
Originally posted by Lowdos

Hah. I was watching an archived Twitch livestream of the Trion guys playing the beta from last week, and they had Defiance lead actor Grant Bowler as a guest.

Now he claimed to be a huge EVE online player, and when he saw some BOB players, he was like - "Not them assholes again".

Heh, I ran a blood pledge in Lineage 1 called Band of Brothers, seen a dozen incarnations since and in particular recall this historic period in EVE when I helped the northern coalition push BOB back when they were threatening the known universe.

Good luck guys, make some new legends.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Lowdos

Advanced Member

3/30/13 8:51:21 AM#10
Originally posted by Kyleran

Heh, I ran a blood pledge in Lineage 1 called Band of Brothers, seen a dozen incarnations since and in particular recall this historic period in EVE when I helped the northern coalition push BOB back when they were threatening the known universe.

He actually referenced that war. I never played EVE, but apparently it last 2 + 1/2 months and was one of the first major battles in EVE's history.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

3/30/13 5:02:10 PM#11
Originally posted by Kyleran

He actually referenced that war. I never played EVE, but apparently it last 2 + 1/2 months and was one of the first major battles in EVE's history.

It was pretty obvious that Grant Bowler was an EVE vet, lol

It's amazing to hear someone refer to some war that happened years ago in EVE, and with such passion. And then he said something along the lines of: "and if you see any Goons, kill them too !"

That's EVE for ya, old loyalties and feuds are never forgotten !