Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,319 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,239,357
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Steam Reward Tier 1 - Unlocked !

20 posts found
  SpottyGekko

Elite Member

OP  3/27/13 1:56:57 PM#1

Fiiiiiinally !

And 10% into Tier 2...

Sales appear to have rocketed after Beta Event 3, and with Launch less than a week away.

Some may say the stats are being "manipulated", but I don't really give a damn, as long as I get the goodies ! 

wilq

Novice Member

3/27/13 2:12:54 PM#2
50 euro, no thanks, i paid 29 for mine.
  SpottyGekko

Elite Member

OP  3/27/13 2:33:37 PM#3

Shenanigans !

Tier 2 has gone from 10% to 13% in just the last half hour... 

Maybe Steam's using a sliding scale, something like this:

Tier 1 - Needs 250,000 sold

Tier 2 - Needs 25,000 sold

Tier 3 - Needs 2,500 sold

Ah well, one can but hope.

sudo

Apprentice Member

3/27/13 2:40:34 PM#4
Originally posted by SpottyGekko

Shenanigans !

Tier 2 has gone from 10% to 13% in just the last half hour... 

Maybe Steam's using a sliding scale, something like this:

Tier 1 - Needs 250,000 sold

Tier 2 - Needs 25,000 sold

Tier 3 - Needs 2,500 sold

Ah well, one can but hope.

That's pretty much the way it works, afaik :)

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me...

3/27/13 2:55:25 PM#5
If you get it on steam, will you get your ark hunter code rewards on the same account? Will the account I made on Trion page work on Steam as well? Dunno how this works. Sry for nOObish question. :P
  Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

3/27/13 2:56:14 PM#6

I can well imagine that Steam tuned the values a bit.

It's a business after all and sales went slow as hell -to a point at which it became outright ridiculous that they almost couldn't even hit first (!) tier pre release.

Nephaerius

Hard Core Member

3/27/13 3:02:13 PM#7
Originally posted by Lahuzer
If you get it on steam, will you get your ark hunter code rewards on the same account? Will the account I made on Trion page work on Steam as well? Dunno how this works. Sry for nOObish question. :P

Yes.  Like with many MMO's on Steam your Steam account and in game account are 2 separate entities.  You would launch Defiance from the Steam client and then use your Trion Log-in credentials to get into the game.  Since your Ark Hunter stuff is on your Trion account.... you get the point.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

OP  3/27/13 3:06:23 PM#8
Originally posted by Volgore

I can well imagine that Steam tuned the values a bit.

It's a business after all and sales went slow as hell -to a point at which it became outright ridiculous that they almost couldn't even hit first (!) tier pre release.

Hell yeah, it's a business first and foremost, of course.

And if they don't magically reach Tier 3 by the weekend, they can't tempt anyone to take advantage of the "Season Pass discount" that comes with Tier 3... 

Fros7bite

Novice Member

3/27/13 4:42:48 PM#9

If you right click on the game you can see your CD-Keys. Apply these to your Trion account under "Apply Code".

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/27/13 4:49:34 PM#10
Originally posted by Fros7bite

If you right click on the game you can see your CD-Keys. Apply these to your Trion account under "Apply Code".

Right click on the game in Steam if I buy it there?

Volgore

Tipster

3/27/13 5:01:21 PM#11

In steam, go to your games library and then rightclick the title like this:

jmcdermottuk

Hard Core Member

3/27/13 5:10:14 PM#12

Don't buy it on Steam, you can get it almost a third cheaper on Amazon!

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

3/27/13 6:09:31 PM#13
I can't imagine Trion would allow them to tweak the numbers. I'm sure its all part of a deal with them. Tier one might not be a big deal for Trion, but remember Tier 2 is a free copy of the Rift expansion. Who is paying for that? Trion? Valve? Both? I don't know but if Trion is involved in that cost at all you can bet they won't be happy if they agreed 10,000 sales = free expansion but Steam decided that only 5,000 would do.

Volgore

Tipster

3/28/13 3:43:46 AM#14
Originally posted by Fendel84M
I can't imagine Trion would allow them to tweak the numbers. I'm sure its all part of a deal with them. Tier one might not be a big deal for Trion, but remember Tier 2 is a free copy of the Rift expansion. Who is paying for that? Trion? Valve? Both? I don't know but if Trion is involved in that cost at all you can bet they won't be happy if they agreed 10,000 sales = free expansion but Steam decided that only 5,000 would do.

At this point in time, Storm Legion for free would be nothing more than some bandwith and a couple of keys in order to hopefully get at least one month subscription per key. Back then, they desperately gave away Rift keys for free allover the internet to catch some subs, once the retailers sent back all the boxes.

Out of curiousity i just checked Amazon, where SL is 19$ or 15Eur. In both sales charts (US and GER) it is not even in the top 100. You can imagine that among 100 pc games there is alot of crap one has never heard of, but even these titles outsell SL.

I don't claim anyone did, but if Steam would approach them like "guys, let's wait until around beta 3 and if needed, adjust the required preorders per tier, this is looking like no one's buying Defiance on steam", Trion could be more then happy to get rid of those keys and grab some cash on a few more subs.

The keys have been provided for just this reason in first place anyway, as the whole intiative was not to make us customers so happy (in that case they could have made the tier 2 bonus related to Defiance, like i.e. the soundtrack), but to help out Storm Legion's poor numbers. They won't help just lying in someone's drawer in case tier 2 isn't reached.

SpottyGekko

Elite Member

OP  3/28/13 12:17:14 PM#15

Well, maybe the release of the 15-min preview of the TV show has stimulated interest...

Or everyone was waiting for payday to buy the game...

Or Steam/Trion are massaging the numbers...

Or you could even invent your very own flavor of conspiracy theory...

But if present trends continue, Tier 2 will be unlocked by tomorrow !

And it will have taken just 2 days to unlock the whole tier. I'm almost beginning to think that Trion are eager to get more players into Rift 

Baikal

Tipster

3/28/13 9:14:45 PM#16

Originally posted by jmcdermottuk

Originally posted by Lahuzer If you get it on steam, will you get your ark hunter code rewards on the same account? Will the account I made on Trion page work on Steam as well? Dunno how this works. Sry for nOObish question. :P
Don't buy it on Steam, you can get it almost a third cheaper on Amazon!

Interesting, how about a link?

I don't see it for sale on Amazon for $39.99. Unless of course you are talking about the Digital Deluxe Upgrade which is $39.99, which is also $39.99 on Steam as well. Where am I missing this cheaper price?

**EDIT**

It it a UK version of Amazon that has it that much cheaper?

SupportPlayerMM

Novice Member

3/30/13 1:32:08 AM#17
sounds like he saw the upgrade and thought that meant initial game?
  Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/30/13 8:47:03 AM#18

I bought it on Steam now to get the tier 3 goodies as well. But right clicking it doesn't show "view CD key". Do I need to install it on steam to be able to see the CD key or what?

Ilaya

Hard Core Member

3/30/13 8:54:59 AM#19

I bought it on Steam now to get the tier 3 goodies as well. But right clicking it doesn't show "view CD key". Do I need to install it on steam to be able to see the CD key or what?

There is atm an Issue with that. Some ppl (me included) simply cant see their CD Key. The above standard is NOT working for them. I tell you what you can do and what i did to get my Key shown:

First, you have a good, very close friend or Brother even. Give him your Account Details and let him look if he is able to see the Key (no Joke!! please see also , if you dont trust me, the forums inside Steam about this!)

Second, more better solution is, get this here or any other VPN Tool what you like/prefer:

http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Install that and set your VPN Account to USA or UK. When that is done, start Steam and look again for your Key. You should be able to see it now.

I picked the Solution with a Childhood Friend, which i could 100% trust. And with VPN set to USA, he was able to see my Key. Copy and pasted it, and i applied the Keys (Pre Order and Retail) to my Trion Account.

There you go. Please dont forget this is JUST a Workaround. This issue might get fixed soon by Steam / Trion, but if you dont wanna wait, do the above mantioned and you will be fine.

Hope that helped  :)

Lahuzer

Advanced Member

3/30/13 10:39:09 AM#20
Originally posted by Ilaya

There is atm an Issue with that. Some ppl (me included) simply cant see their CD Key. The above standard is NOT working for them. I tell you what you can do and what i did to get my Key shown:

First, you have a good, very close friend or Brother even. Give him your Account Details and let him look if he is able to see the Key (no Joke!! please see also , if you dont trust me, the forums inside Steam about this!)

Second, more better solution is, get this here or any other VPN Tool what you like/prefer:

http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Install that and set your VPN Account to USA or UK. When that is done, start Steam and look again for your Key. You should be able to see it now.

I picked the Solution with a Childhood Friend, which i could 100% trust. And with VPN set to USA, he was able to see my Key. Copy and pasted it, and i applied the Keys (Pre Order and Retail) to my Trion Account.

There you go. Please dont forget this is JUST a Workaround. This issue might get fixed soon by Steam / Trion, but if you dont wanna wait, do the above mantioned and you will be fine.

Hope that helped  :)

Wow.. Wtf is up with that? Really lame. Hope they fix it before tuesday. I try it with a friend to see. Sounds wierd as hell. :P