Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Albion Online | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,112 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,375
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$59.99 | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Based on forum performance, this game doesn't have a lot of hype

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
31 posts found
  urbanmech

Apprentice Member

3/17/13 4:35:37 AM#21

These days, never buy a game on release day, especially if you've never even played it yet. Wait a few weeks, read the reviews, player reviews.

With the amount of crap titles we've had to put up with over these past few years, it amazes me that anyone still pre-orders games.

Nicco77

Apprentice Member

3/17/13 4:43:43 AM#22
The people is too much busy dreaming on "the next fabulous sandbox" to care about Defiance,if you see the hype rating there are games in the early development stage but people keep hitting on them,maybe these game will never come out,Defiance instead is a good game next to release but few care about it.
  BuddyDude

Novice Member

3/18/13 12:23:44 AM#23
Originally posted by urbanmech

These days, never buy a game on release day, especially if you've never even played it yet. Wait a few weeks, read the reviews, player reviews.

With the amount of crap titles we've had to put up with over these past few years, it amazes me that anyone still pre-orders games.

pre-order on steam seems to be tanking also. I agree with you on the to many games, not enough demos.

25% per week wont see even 1 reward stage finished.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Not as much hype as much as "paid for" advertising I think.

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

3/18/13 12:34:58 AM#24
Originally posted by asmkm22
The only game that has much hype right now is TESO, and even that is pretty calm.  I think the back to back failues of TOR and GW2 really killed a lot of opinions on the genre for people.

i didnt know GW2 failed. When did that happen?... Oh you mean you didnt like it? ah ok, i thought you meant it literally failed.....

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

bestever

Hard Core Member

3/18/13 7:36:51 PM#25
Originally posted by drwebs
Originally posted by urbanmech

pre-order on steam seems to be tanking also. I agree with you on the to many games, not enough demos.

25% per week wont see even 1 reward stage finished.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224600/

Not as much hype as much as "paid for" advertising I think.

I think it was just late getting on steam. I pre ordered right from trion or I would have picked it up on steam

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

3/20/13 10:23:40 PM#26
Originally posted by rojo6934
The only game that has much hype right now is TESO, and even that is pretty calm.  I think the back to back failues of TOR and GW2 really killed a lot of opinions on the genre for people.

i didnt know GW2 failed. When did that happen?... Oh you mean you didnt like it? ah ok, i thought you meant it literally failed.....

Haha my thoughts exactly.

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

3/20/13 10:30:14 PM#27

Its a PvE focused MMOFPS.  Not exactly a niche with a big market, yet at least.

If its good, it has a chance to be a grower and pick up some of the borderlands crowd if word of mouth is positive.  if its not good, Trion is screwed.

Scalpless

Hard Core Member

3/21/13 3:28:04 AM#28
I'll join the "NDA kills hype" camp. The most important part of an action game is how it "feels" in action and we can't discuss that here. Since Defiance doesn't seem to have any other discussion-worthy gameplay features, there's little to talk about.
  Crazy_Stick

Novice Member

3/21/13 11:13:37 PM#29
Well, the NDA was officially lifted tonight. Though nothing in this thread as of yet requires comment on game features. I can say that I expect a small launch with some die hard fans that will help them get ready for an influx of players once the TV show premires and draws hopeful fans in. So you could say I am looking at the actual game launch as a prelude to the real thing. How big will this game be? I honestly don't know. I am not sure how big the niche really is for this title. It could garner some interest but  if the show sucks it'll tank.
  Stimz

Hard Core Member

3/21/13 11:18:41 PM#30
Because Hype ever spawned a good mmo....( See SWTOR)

fiontar

Novice Member

3/22/13 1:03:06 AM#31

Ummm...what? GW2 is one of the most successful MMOs at it's six month past release mark in the history of the genre. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it was a fail. The revenue numbers are also fantastic, showing that the B2P model is completely viable for a quality MMO.

Your comment might possibly be partially true, maybe among people who don't like GW2 the recent failures of almost every other new title in the last year or more has been demoralizing. The rest of us are satisfied enough with GW2 that we aren't really following other titles as closely as we might have otherwise. Personally, I will sample Defiance and Neverwinter this weekend, just to see if either might be worthy of some play time. That I can contemplate a break from GW2, or at least a time split, doesn't mean I'm tired of the game or it's a fail, the thing has already eaten up 1100+ hours of my time and I expect it will be 1600+ by the end of the year.

I'd love to have another 1,000+ hour title attract my purchase this year, but I'm satisfied enough with what I have that I just don't have the level of interest in following pre-launch hype in the genre as I might have if GW2 wasn't live.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

2 Pages « 1 2 Search