Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,988 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,142
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Remember Huxley?

18 posts found
  Syno23

Novice Member

OP  2/21/13 8:35:38 PM#1
This game is what Huxley should have been, I guess the Huxley project was scrapped and haven't heard of it since. This game reminds me of Tabula Rasa as well, but will never have that Tabula feel, no game will.
  Jalaris

Novice Member

2/21/13 8:41:12 PM#2

Oh yeah Huxley, that game that everyone got super pumped about and then it dropped out of existence. Yeah, I remember. Also, TR FTW, RIP.

stayontarget

Guide

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

2/21/13 8:43:40 PM#3
As a matter of fact, Huxley was launched in the east.  Totally blasted by the gaming community there and died soon after.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

tank017

Novice Member

2/21/13 8:45:37 PM#4

the whole "Ark hunter" thing screams Borderlands..

but yeah I can see Huxley too,that game sounded great on paper.

V1kN1k

Apprentice Member

Life is unfair get used to it

2/21/13 8:47:11 PM#5
i was sooo much in a hype , been waiting so long but it never came,neither any details were unvailed :\

DMC

Draemos

Novice Member

2/27/13 3:29:32 AM#6
Originally posted by tank017

Yeah, but this game was conceptionalized a full year before Borderlands was released, so we can forgive that.

User Deleted
2/27/13 10:33:16 AM#7

wait wasnt huxly that lobby based FPS that everyone, for some reason, thought wasnt going to be a lobby based FPS...and then the game died?

or am i confusing huxly with another game?

Cryptor

Advanced Member

3/03/13 1:46:28 PM#8
Big fan of Tabula Rasa here as well, can;t wait to play this.

Check us out http://www.SinisterSavant.com

azzamasin

Elite Member

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.

3/03/13 1:52:53 PM#9
Originally posted by Cryptor

Wait, please wait.  Will not say any further but I think alot of people will sorely dissapointed.

If your idea of a Sandbox is open FFA Full Loot PvP, full crafted world with minimal support for anything combat then your sandbox ideas are bad! Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

taus01

Advanced Member

3/03/13 1:56:33 PM#10
Originally posted by azzamasin
Originally posted by Cryptor

Wait, please wait.  Will not say any further but I think alot of people will sorely dissapointed.

+1

Yeah, hold your horses. wait until this is released, you might be in for a big surprise.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Leethe

Novice Member

3/06/13 9:12:22 AM#11
While a good shooter and in possession of solid mechanics, the game will never have the sense of beauty, mystery and destiny that TR had. For me, no game ever will I suspect.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

BadOrb

Advanced Member

3/06/13 11:21:52 AM#12
Originally posted by Draemos
Originally posted by tank017

Yeah, but this game was conceptionalized a full year before Borderlands was released, so we can forgive that.

I never played either borderlands , but Phantasy Star Online 2 uses the word Ark and Arks a lot , I thought it was just two games that are obssesed with them.

Yeah I waited and waited for Huxley almost as much as Aliens colonial marines ( I think it took 15 years for that one) also I waited for true fantasy live ( dropped also ). Console developers are so behind what we wanted years ago , there loss of revenue not ours and btw huxley was indeed going to be a FPS not a TPS.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing.
"SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

jbs4life

Novice Member

3/13/13 1:58:41 AM#13
Dude......... Huxley was pretty much my most anticipated game ever.  I remember watching that demo video when they first announced it and was excited... then nothing... nothing.. and I got over the game and finally news came out about it again.  Eventually it launched in Asia or something and it looked freaking terrible..
  sancher36

Apprentice Member

3/13/13 4:52:38 AM#14
i played the beta of defiance and I would not compare it to tabula rasa or huxley garbage. 
  Merkethy

Novice Member

3/13/13 5:53:17 PM#15
mmm, remember being real hyped over Huxley back in the day :(
  DJMantiss

Novice Member

3/13/13 6:09:02 PM#16
People should really wait for the true reviews and get past the 20 hour mark before deciding on this game. You've been warned.
  red_cruiser

Novice Member

3/14/13 1:44:30 PM#17
Tabula Rasa was a fun game, but I think the lack of character customization and the rather linear class progression really hurt that game.  The MMO market wasn't as diverse back when it was released and skimping on those aspects didn't really draw in many long term players.  The other problem I had with Tabula Rasa is that the world never really felt that diverse and interesting.  There didn't seem to be that much to really explore.  Defiance is set on Earth and you are trying to protect it... that's a pretty big deal.  But if you are playing humans out in space and there is only one planet, and no space travel, and the Earth is already wiped out?  At that point, who really cares?  If I remember correctly, enemy shots homed, too.  TR definitely had some major issues.
  mmoski

Novice Member

3/14/13 2:15:16 PM#18
Huxley wasnt that bad tbh, the only problem was it had far too much instancing, but thats an issue with fps mmos, really the only fps mmo atm that has got alot right is ps1 && ps2, even though it has quite a few game breaking bugfoots. Ive looked at defiance but im not quite sure about it yet.