Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,593 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,082
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Defiance Has HORRIBLE gameplay, needs to change

12 posts found
  Imperator101

Apprentice Member

OP  2/21/13 6:25:55 PM#1

I watched some of the gameplay videos and this game looks pathetic. The graphics are fine but it seems that the gameplay is bad, all you do is run around shooting, you don't even use cover often, it is a cheesy 3rd person shooter. 

I wish it had gameplay like gears of war 3, the gears of war serise is one of the best 3rd person shooters ever made. They really mastered the cover mechanic and shooting your weapon in that game and it felt more realistic. In Defiance, you can run and shoot at the same time with no recoil, it looks stupid. I know they are probably not aiming for realism but it just looks stupid, I saw gameplay videos where the guy is just running around shooting really fast. 

In gears of war you can run and shoot but there is recoil if you do that with an assault rifle. This game will fail like the TV show which will probably be cancelled before or in the 3rd season.

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

2/21/13 6:27:41 PM#2
Originally posted by Imperator101

I watched some of the gameplay... but it seems that the gameplay is bad...

Anyone else just tune this post out after hitting a few early key phrases?

craftseeker

Advanced Member

2/21/13 6:31:57 PM#3
Originally posted by Vesavius

I watched some of the gameplay... but it seems that the gameplay is bad...

Anyone else just tune this post out after hitting a few early key phrases?

Yep I am never going to play this game (not a PvPer) but this guy ...... smoke ... mirrors.

Synns77

Novice Member

2/21/13 6:36:11 PM#4
Thank god it hasn't got things like recoil, I'm crap at shooters because of things like this and finally there is two new ones coming that don't bother trying to make the game over realistic, thanks to defiance and warframe I can actually play a shooter and enjoy it. Things like recoil etc are what turned me off games like planetside 2. Gaming to me is about fun not realism,plenty of other games that do that. I'm really looking forward to defiance, and for people more interested in fun rather than simulation realism check out warframe aswell, good fun pve shooter.
  Vannor

Hard Core Member

2/21/13 7:20:12 PM#5
Originally posted by Guitarbry
Thank god it hasn't got things like recoil

Eh? I havn't played the latest beta but the last time I played it had the worst recoil ever known to man. It just directed your aim upwards with absolutely no drop back to the original position when you stopped shooting. Just kept shunting your aim up so that you constantly had to pull down when firing.. even when doing short bursts or single shots. If you just kept firing single shots without reaiming you'd end up looking at the sky, if the gun had enough bullets.

Purutzil

Hard Core Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

2/21/13 7:22:49 PM#6

I watched some of the gameplay 

Yeah... gameplay is about... I don't know, PLAYING not watching?

Its like if I was to say "I don't like the taste of steak because I watched someone eat steak and it did not look good."

Raventree

Novice Member

It is a double pleasure to gank the ganker.
-Raven Treeavelli

2/21/13 7:25:19 PM#7
Honestly, if this game played like Gears of War but with skills that would rock so hard.

Currently playing:
Rift
Played:
SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
World of Warcraft, AoC

Raventree

Novice Member

It is a double pleasure to gank the ganker.
-Raven Treeavelli

2/21/13 7:27:00 PM#8
Originally posted by Purutzil
Yeah... gameplay is about... I don't know, PLAYING not watching?

Its like if I was to say "I don't like the taste of steak because I watched someone eat steak and it ddin't look good."

Couldn't agree more.

Currently playing:
Rift
Played:
SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
World of Warcraft, AoC

ReaperUk

Hard Core Member

2/21/13 7:27:58 PM#9
The game is still being alpha and beta tested. Any videos of  gameplay you may have seen are meaningless considering it's being changed all the time.
  DSWBeef

Novice Member

2/21/13 7:34:00 PM#10
Wish I could talk about my testing experiences. I think a lot of people will be pleasently suprised.  Defiance is the underdog for 2013.

Playing: War Thunder, World of Warcraft, and Grim Dawn
Waiting on:Everquest Next and The Black Desert

Laromuss

Novice Member

2/21/13 7:34:54 PM#11

I watched some of the gameplay videos and this game looks pathetic. The graphics are fine but it seems that the gameplay is bad, all you do is run around shooting, you don't even use cover often, it is a cheesy 3rd person shooter. 

I wish it had gameplay like gears of war 3, the gears of war serise is one of the best 3rd person shooters ever made. They really mastered the cover mechanic and shooting your weapon in that game and it felt more realistic. In Defiance, you can run and shoot at the same time with no recoil, it looks stupid. I know they are probably not aiming for realism but it just looks stupid, I saw gameplay videos where the guy is just running around shooting really fast. 

In gears of war you can run and shoot but there is recoil if you do that with an assault rifle. This game will fail like the TV show which will probably be cancelled before or in the 3rd season.

Lets see another troll who watched another video who thinks he know everything there is.  Yes I will take your wisdom to heart *wink wink.   

Anyways I played the beta and there are many times you have to use cover to be able to survive.  Especially in PVP cover is so crucial.  The recoil will probably be fixed, when I played it, it was out of control, the recoil was just too much and you always had to move the mouse downway to hit anything.  Graphics could be improved but again this is?  You guessed it "BETA". 

The game does have potential and could be a lot of fun but like any BETA there are fixes, refining to do in terms of gameplay to make it more enjoyable.  

As for the TV show, like any show its up in the air and anything can happen, if they can produce something that is familiar to the audience but unique enough to garner attention it will be an enjoyable show that will be around for a good amount of time.  

Asheram

Advanced Member

What happens when you get 5 stars do you get a cookie? ;)

2/21/13 8:16:50 PM#12
Originally posted by craftseeker

Yep I am never going to play this game (not a PvPer) but this guy ...... smoke ... mirrors.

The game is not just about pvp, that is PS2.Actually in both of the last betas I never even tried the pvp,only played the pve content.