Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,791,906 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,194,494
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Some questions

3 posts found
  treyu86

Advanced Member

OP  1/25/13 6:38:49 AM#1

I have been searching for information about this game but I could not answer all my doubts so maybe someone here has more idea.

- PvP: is it instanced? I keep reading "open world pvp", but all I read is some kind of flagging system and some kind of war, but I am not sure if it is an instanced map or something, or you can freely attack people.

- Gameplay is mainly PvE? With NPC hubs that give quests like any other themepark game?

- Why some people say it is not an mmorpg?

DeniZg

Hard Core Member

1/25/13 7:46:53 AM#2
Originally posted by treyu86

I have been searching for information about this game but I could not answer all my doubts so maybe someone here has more idea.

- PvP: is it instanced? I keep reading "open world pvp", but all I read is some kind of flagging system and some kind of war, but I am not sure if it is an instanced map or something, or you can freely attack people.

It's both open world and instanced. Shadow war is capture&hold the point PVP in open world in which you participate by flagging yourself and getting to the specific location. Instanced PVP will also be available.

- Gameplay is mainly PvE? With NPC hubs that give quests like any other themepark game?

Yes, there are NPC hubs. Whether it is mainly PVE or PVP, it's up to individual player's preference. See above.

The game is definintely MMO. Whether it ticks all the RPG boxes, I believe it's up to each individual to assess on his own. Can't say more for obvious rasons.

Siphaed

Elite Member

1/25/13 2:23:39 PM#3
Originally posted by treyu86

1) Yes and no.  It's got open-world PvP called Shadow Wars.  They're in specific areas that participants must flag for, but it's in areas in the open world where PvE'ers can freely come and go without getting ganked.  NPC's can attack players, and events still continue as normal in those areas.  There are also battleground like instanced areas where players queue up and fight in them.

2)  I'm not sure about this, but from most of the information given (and that it is Trion after all) I would say that it's going to be 60/40 with most going to PvE and the rest to PvP.  They've shown videos of the quest missions, actions, and so on.  So yes, it's like a themepark MMORPG ( a themepark with it's own TV show, mind you).

3) People are saying that it's not an MMORRP because it's not set up the same way as other MMORPG's are.  For example, there are no base classes with the game, as anyone can use any gun (pick up  a sniper Rifle and shoot after having a grenade launcher).   It's also a Third Person Shooter, with precision aiming so people bank it's name as MMOTPS.