Trending Games | War Thunder | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,692 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,296,077
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » With B2P announcment - new teaser video is up as well

15 posts found
  DMKano

Elite Member

OP  1/21/13 2:08:09 PM#1

Check it out

Join the fight teaser - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwSWgqPfpWw

Haha! One of the hellbugs impales a dude right in the chest (it's real quick) - ouch!

Vannor

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 2:10:18 PM#2
Well.. it's better than that weird GW2 one. But it should show some gameplay.
  DMKano

Elite Member

OP  1/21/13 2:14:39 PM#3

If've you've played beta and have done one of the Arkfall events - well then you'd understand how accurate that trailer is, lol.

Here's a new series trailer too:

sweet!

http://youtu.be/yqjteWTXhOc

Vannor

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 2:18:34 PM#4

Ii have played the beta.. but isn't a trailer supposed to lure in people that havn't tried it?

Without the game boxes at the end, there's no way of even knowing this was for a game. It's cool and all.. the CGI on those hellbugs makes me have higher hopes for the TV series as well.

DMKano

Elite Member

OP  1/21/13 2:28:00 PM#5

I am not so sure about that - I am a gamer and a SciFi fan so I'd be playing Defiance even if it had nothing to do with any TV show, also I'd be watching the show if it didn't have any game associated with it.

I can only speak for myself - but I bet you that there will be all kinds of folks - playing the game watching the show, or just doing one or the other.

I am not sure how many who watch the show will also say - hey I want to play the game - well maybe console players will do that, maybe I am completely mistaken, but I have this idea that PC gamers are a lot more informed about their choices.

Ezhae

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 2:30:45 PM#6
Originally posted by DMKano

If've you've played beta and have done one of the Arkfall events - well then you'd understand how accurate that trailer is, lol.

sweet!

I'm dsorry. not enough people bunny hopping with rocket launchers. It's clearly false advertisement :P

Ezhae

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 2:33:28 PM#7
Originally posted by Vannor

Ii have played the beta.. but isn't a trailer supposed to lure in people that havn't tried it?

Without the game boxes at the end, there's no way of even knowing this was for a game. It's cool and all.. the CGI on those hellbugs makes me have higher hopes for the TV series as well.

It's a teaser, not trailer. Full trailer will be released "soon".

One day...I hope people will learn to read at least the short descriptions under the videos. 

"This teaser video gives you a sense of the wild world of Defiance, including ark hunters, vehicles, an arkfall, and hellbugs. The full length trailer is coming soon. (...)"

Xithryl

Novice Member

"All dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

1/21/13 2:35:13 PM#8
Originally posted by Ezhae

sweet!

I'm dsorry. not enough people bunny hopping with rocket launchers. It's clearly false advertisement :P

made me lol, so true :P

xithryl Xfire Miniprofile
  DMKano

Elite Member

OP  1/21/13 2:39:39 PM#9

sweet!

Hahah, yes - I loved killing bunny hoppers with my alien AR burst (with blur on to close in on them while dodging their missles:) - jump, frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt - dead body falling to the ground, easy. There's a counter to every cheesy tactic, you just need the right weapon.

dinams

Novice Member

1/21/13 5:52:11 PM#10

sweet!

Hahah, yes - I loved killing bunny hoppers with my alien AR burst (with blur on to close in on them while dodging their missles:) - jump, frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt - dead body falling to the ground, easy. There's a counter to every cheesy tactic, you just need the right weapon.

So the game PvP will be rocket bunny hopping spammers vs alien AR bursts

So fucking fun right

"It has potential"
-Second most used phrase on existence
"It sucks"
-Most used phrase on existence

Vannor

Apprentice Member

1/21/13 8:19:33 PM#11

One day...I hope people will learn to read at least the short descriptions under the videos. 

"This teaser video gives you a sense of the wild world of Defiance, including ark hunters, vehicles, an arkfall, and hellbugs. The full length trailer is coming soon. (...)"

I don't really see how a trailer coming soon has anything to do with what I said about this one. Totally failed logic there. THIS ONE is not representative of actual gameplay. I think all game trailers should show actual gameplay at some point. One day.. I hope people will learn that we don't all share the same opinion.

Ezhae

Hard Core Member

1/22/13 3:24:34 AM#12

I don't really see how a trailer coming soon has anything to do with what I said about this one. Totally failed logic there. THIS ONE is not representative of actual gameplay. I think all game trailers should show actual gameplay at some point. One day.. I hope people will learn that we don't all share the same opinion.

Trailers, sure. But it's not a trailer. See the problem? It's a teaser video. It's not supposed ot makret the game itself as much as market the name and hype peple up for an actual trailer. Works like that in movie industry for years, been present in gaming for a while as well. According to their twitter, actual trailer will be 5 minutes long. 

Draemos

Advanced Member

1/22/13 5:27:35 AM#13
Originally posted by dinams

sweet!

So the game PvP will be rocket bunny hopping spammers vs alien AR bursts

So fucking fun right

People always revert to the easiest tactic.  There were several other prevalent play styles that were more effective,

Vannor

Apprentice Member

1/22/13 5:44:50 AM#14

Trailers, sure. But it's not a trailer. See the problem? It's a teaser video. It's not supposed ot makret the game itself as much as market the name and hype peple up for an actual trailer. Works like that in movie industry for years, been present in gaming for a while as well. According to their twitter, actual trailer will be 5 minutes long. 

What? It's a teaser trailer.. then you have a multitude of other kinds of trailers. If it's for a game I think all trailers should show gameplay, even teaser trailers. I just want the whole industry to stop making these trailers for games that don't show the game, it's a misleading tactic.. one of the latest ones was a TV spot for Runescape.. that was so misleading I actually lol'd when I saw it. This isn't as bad as that though.

Volgore

Tipster

Posts deleted: 12589457

1/22/13 11:57:09 AM#15
I smell a B-grade sci-fi show here, like the many we've had over the years. It looks cheap as hell.