Trending Games | ArcheAge | Pirate101 | Wasteland 2 | MapleStory

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,149 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,658
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Season #1 Predictions....

8 posts found
  Siphaed

Elite Member

OP  1/18/13 12:08:40 AM#1

Okay, so I wanted to start this thread of predictions on what kind of stuff Sy-Fy is going to pull on the season #1 of Defiance the TV show.

-Poisoned water/food supply

-Good guy turns into villian

-Mind control (mass or individual)

-Aliens vs Humans mini species war (i.e. mercenary humans all out propaganda against aliens).

-Invasion of Hell Bugs

-Ark fall in the middle of Defiance

-Plot to kill the mayor

-<Insert nuke here>

As for the rest....I'm not sure.  Try to add some creative theories in here prior to April.

meddyck

Advanced Member

1/18/13 9:37:05 AM#2
Given it's on SyFy and not a reality TV, wrestling, or monster movie programming, the most reliable prediction is cancellation after 1 or 2 seasons.

Camelot Unchained Founder
DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

steelheartx

Advanced Member

1/18/13 9:41:02 AM#3
Just really excited for another SciFi series to come out, and doesn't hurt at all that it's tied to what looks to be shaping up to be a really neat game. Till now my only series fix has been Fallen Skys (great series if you haven't caught it yet).

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !

Aeonblades

Apprentice Member

1/18/13 9:42:33 AM#4
Sy Fy plays Sci Fi? I thought it was just WWE Smackdown and reality tv all day. On a more serious note, I hope it's not as generic as the last 10 shows they have came out with.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
Have played: You name it
If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

udon

Hard Core Member

1/18/13 9:42:38 AM#5
Originally posted by meddyck
Given it's on SyFy and not a reality TV, wrestling, or monster movie programming, the most reliable prediction is cancellation after 1 or 2 seasons.

It would be interesting to see if the game could stand on it's own with the show canceled or if the show's popularity will be that much higher because of the game. I think both sides are banking on being able to use that tie in to boost participation/viewership. My big question about the game is financial model? I think it won't work out well as a sub game.
  Siphaed

Elite Member

OP  1/19/13 1:53:15 AM#6
Originally posted by Aeonblades
Sy Fy plays Sci Fi? I thought it was just WWE Smackdown and reality tv all day. On a more serious note, I hope it's not as generic as the last 10 shows they have came out with.

Continuum? Haven? Lost Girl(s)?  Warehouse 13?  Those are all really good shows.  Sure we lost Eureka, which was really great, same for SG:1 and SG:A...I can't undstand for the life of me why SG:A got canned, seeing as how it had much material to work with for at least 2-3 more seasons (SG:1 was kind of out of material).

Yes, there are some really crap ones like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Mines, Pitch Black.....basically most of their reality TV shows.  Now, I will say that Face Off is pretty good and entertaining (seeing as how they're making mostly movie mosters through makeup and costumes).

elocke

Spotlight Poster

1/19/13 6:21:44 AM#7
Originally posted by Siphaed
Originally posted by Aeonblades

Continuum? Haven? Lost Girl(s)?  Warehouse 13?  Those are all really good shows.  Sure we lost Eureka, which was really great, same for SG:1 and SG:A...I can't undstand for the life of me why SG:A got canned, seeing as how it had much material to work with for at least 2-3 more seasons (SG:1 was kind of out of material).

Yes, there are some really crap ones like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Mines, Pitch Black.....basically most of their reality TV shows.  Now, I will say that Face Off is pretty good and entertaining (seeing as how they're making mostly movie mosters through makeup and costumes).

Yeah, I enjoy Alphas and Warehouse 13 immensely and now have Defiance to look forward too.  Can't believe SG:U got canceled, I liked that one too.  As long as Defiance is visceral and emotional with well developed characters, I think it will do well.

http://www.twitch.tv/elockethemmoaddict

https://twitter.com/MMOAddicted

sui2k

Advanced Member

1/19/13 6:28:55 AM#8

you know that the game and the serie plays on different locations? ..

the game - san francisco

the serie - st. louise ( i think )

so there will be some minor links between those two, some characters but nothing big / special. so when the serie goes canceled the game should pretty stand on its own .. coz of the own story.