Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,842,932 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,405
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 04/02/13)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC XBox 360 PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

Defiance Forum » General Discussion » Defiance, the underdog mmo of 2013?

4 posts found
  DSWBeef

Advanced Member

OP  10/17/12 9:03:11 PM#1
I personally believe Defiance will be alot like RIFT in terms of marketing. It will be quiet right up until a month before release. People will flock to something new and mysterious. We alreadt have TESO (if it stays on track) More GW2 updates, Rift updates, and so on. I believe Defiance will steal the year if Trion can produce a quality game (which they already have with Rift and EoN) Mark my word people this is the mmo to look out for next year.

Playing: Archeage Alpha, War Thunder, World of Tanks
Waiting on: Archeage, Wild Star, Everquest Next and The Black Desert

emikochan

Novice Member

Welcome to my world.

12/13/12 11:47:46 PM#2
I just hope they get the pricing right, it's always quite risky to enter this market. I'll definitely be giving it a whirl though :) I just love the concept so much.

DMKano

Elite Member

12/14/12 8:04:59 AM#3

I think that it is a pretty safe bet that Defiance will be huge - Trion has been working closely with SyFy for years to get this one done right - so at least I think the game will be sweet, and from having played it first hand to me it's a must get. Huge open world to PvE and PvP in, lots of armor and gear upgrades, lots of skills, dungeons, dynamic multi step alien invasions, and it is still a pixel perfect shooter (something that Firefall is not). Yeah, there has not been a game like this yet.

now as far as the show goes, I will watch it, I hope it turns out good - apparently it's the most expensive SyFy project ever, so at least they are investing millions into it. Hey at least it's done by the folks who did Farscape and Battlestar Galactica, so lots of experience there.

LadyEuphei

Novice Member

12/14/12 8:09:28 AM#4
I do not know if I am well informed or something, but I would not call this a sleeper hit. I see stuff about this all the time, maybe I should stop watching the SYFY channel. With promotion of the tv series they also promote the game. So, it tends to show up alot. Either way, I agree that you are correct that this will hit the hype train hard and either be a great game or a major failure. For me it is to early to tell. I wish them luck as I continue to wait and see!