Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,323 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,804
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » Cmon CCP - opportunity knocks

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
30 posts found
  Geinoch

Novice Member

9/19/12 7:55:01 PM#21
Originally posted by nixium
I cry in despair at what happened with this game which should have been released by now. Something deep within says let it go, it's not happening.

Curse on you for telling the probable truth... =) But I'd rather stay in my dream, hugging my masquarade rule book and keep repeating;  "it will come... it will come... it will come..."

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

9/19/12 8:09:22 PM#22
Originally posted by floreairfoot
Originally posted by Geinoch

I don't think the people who are playing EVE will be interested in playing Dust. I really don't know who is targetted by this game. I would be really surprised if the game is successful.

Of couse they won't, and neither will people generally playing MMO's. That's the point, they're not trying to lose their EVE players to D514.

There's a HUGE playerbase of FPS and they generally love multiplayer. That's the group that will be interested. They're always trying to sqeeze more play-time out of their games and an mmo is the perfect solution.

The fact that there's no subscription makes it an even better incentive. I think it's going to do well.

This saved me a post, the people who play EvE need to keep playing EvE and new folks need to play dust, otherwise the concept of the linked game is screwed, not enough people in eve to make the guns and tanks and ammo for the people in Dust to use. Financially it's suicide spending money to cannibalise your own playerbase, hence it's console and FPS. Oh well, didn't save me post after all

VirusDancer

Novice Member

Heroes are about character - not gear.

9/19/12 8:24:16 PM#23

@Geinoch,

I probably was not clear as I could have been with my post.  It's about the timing mainly.  The market today and in the near future is not very friendly for this type of game.  2-4 years ago, it would have rocked.  It will be interesting to see if they "delay" it in the hopes that the market swings again - or - they may find they have to go another route with it.  It's not that it in any way would be a bad game - just a bad time for a good game.

As for apologizing for your English, lol - to be perfectly blunt...you type far better than the average native speaker by a long shot.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Syllendale

Apprentice Member

9/19/12 8:34:17 PM#24
Originally posted by cptndunsel
With the horrible release and follow up of The Secret World the ground is fertile for a game like this to come in and own the space. 

*rubs temples* I hate you so much, sorry.. people LIKE you so much. A horrible release? I am not a die hard fan here but I sure as hell think they did a fantastic job of their release. That statement alone suggests you know jack about what a good release or game for that matter even is. The Secret World has a lot going for it, and as some have said, WoD would be so similar (not the same, similar) that you will end up either hating it within a month ( Like I am sure you do with everything you play).. or staying with it just because your a fanyboy whom can not release when they are on a sinking ship. But you go ahead, tell them to rush a game out you look forward to playing only to whine about how its missing so much you hate the thing.. I am sure that will work for you. 

Geinoch

Novice Member

9/20/12 3:20:09 PM#25
Originally posted by VirusDancer

@Geinoch,

I probably was not clear as I could have been with my post.  It's about the timing mainly.  The market today and in the near future is not very friendly for this type of game.  2-4 years ago, it would have rocked.  It will be interesting to see if they "delay" it in the hopes that the market swings again - or - they may find they have to go another route with it.  It's not that it in any way would be a bad game - just a bad time for a good game.

As for apologizing for your English, lol - to be perfectly blunt...you type far better than the average native speaker by a long shot.

It might be true, I'm not enogh "connaisseur" to be able to analyse how is the market for now... I've been playin everquest 2 for about 5 years and stopped a few years ago... Still looking for the next mmo that will got me addicted and more important, got my wife addicted.

Guildwar 2 doesn't reach me, TSW either, Conan was missing something I can't say what...

Syllendale

Apprentice Member

9/20/12 8:44:22 PM#26
Originally posted by Geinoch
Originally posted by VirusDancer

@Geinoch,

It might be true, I'm not enogh "connaisseur" to be able to analyse how is the market for now... I've been playin everquest 2 for about 5 years and stopped a few years ago... Still looking for the next mmo that will got me addicted and more important, got my wife addicted.

Guildwar 2 doesn't reach me, TSW either, Conan was missing something I can't say what...

Wanted to say that I am with you on this, minus The Secret World.. I have enjoyed it. And as you say something was missing from Conan, I felt the same way with Lord Of the Rings. I liked it a lot, it had everything lore wise and I enjoyed it but.. it just couldn't grab me, it never took its hold as I wanted. Just a shame, I wanted it to work. (Just like I wanted SWTOR to work, but didn't for us.)

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

9/24/12 11:17:24 AM#27
TSW is my all time favourite MMO, nothing comes close! I would play it alongside WoD though because I love both settings.
  Yalexy

Novice Member

9/24/12 11:51:04 AM#28

Originally posted by Yakamomoto
TSW is my all time favourite MMO, nothing comes close! I would play it alongside WoD though because I love both settings.

TSW missed a cruicial part: marketing.

TSW is a wasteleand just three month after release. I can run around for hours not seeing any people on my dimension and looking for a group to run nightmares takes up to an hour allthough I'm allready fully equipped.

As for WoD and it being released within the near future... well... it won't happen so soon. It was 2008 when CCP was talking about five years of development, before they'll may release the game. So they've got still a full year to match this earliest possible date, and even a release in early 2014 would be well within their announced timeframe.

Yakamomoto

Apprentice Member

9/24/12 7:44:15 PM#29
Originally posted by Syllendale

*rubs temples* I hate you so much, sorry.. people LIKE you so much. A horrible release? I am not a die hard fan here but I sure as hell think they did a fantastic job of their release. That statement alone suggests you know jack about what a good release or game for that matter even is. The Secret World has a lot going for it, and as some have said, WoD would be so similar (not the same, similar) that you will end up either hating it within a month ( Like I am sure you do with everything you play).. or staying with it just because your a fanyboy whom can not release when they are on a sinking ship. But you go ahead, tell them to rush a game out you look forward to playing only to whine about how its missing so much you hate the thing.. I am sure that will work for you. 

this very much.

yutty

Novice Member

9/24/12 7:51:58 PM#30
My hopes are pretty low on ccp right now. After getting into dust beta i see it flopping big time. I can't believe they got a multimillion dollar investment deal and chose to spend it on dust instead of world of darkness. Develement of this is probably gonna be effected by the success of dust more than it already has, and it aint looking too good for wod.
2 Pages « 1 2 Search