Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,938 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,910
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » Cmon CCP - opportunity knocks

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
30 posts found
  cptndunsel

Advanced Member

OP  9/14/12 10:53:00 AM#1
With the horrible release and follow up of The Secret World the ground is fertile for a game like this to come in and own the space. You need to reconsider priority of Dust and other projects versus WoD. I'd sign up for WoD in a heartbeat.
  lugal

Hard Core Member

9/14/12 11:03:56 AM#2
That is a horrible suggestion. Players like you are what game developers hear and listen to. You are willing to buy a game, sight unseen and zero clue how it will play. After how TOR failed and others, I would think players would have learned their leason by now.
So, ccp, do not listen to the op.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
The reviewer has a mishapen head
Which means his opinion is skewed
...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Geinoch

Novice Member

9/17/12 3:47:16 PM#3

I'm agree with you cptndunsel. I've played the pen and paper game since I'm a kid. Me and a my friends got a lot of books and are looking forward this mmo. Since we also are fan of mmorpg we sure gonna buy the game without even try it. The only question remain is how many month we gonna subscribe (2 months or 5 years???). It will depends of CCP. But since they already merge with the people who actually created the game I'm almost sure I'll be satisfied.

Should they put priority in WOD I agree. Do I think they gonna make money with DUST514 ? I don't think so...

(sorry for my english)

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

I am here to chew bubblegum and to kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum!

9/17/12 3:52:23 PM#4
Dust 514 is horrible... not sure if that breaks any NDA I may or may not have signed, but ya. It's SO BAD.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Terrorizor

Apprentice Member

9/17/12 3:55:09 PM#5
I would like to see something with this too.
  Loke666

Elite Member

9/17/12 3:55:52 PM#6
Originally posted by lugal
That is a horrible suggestion. Players like you are what game developers hear and listen to. You are willing to buy a game, sight unseen and zero clue how it will play. After how TOR failed and others, I would think players would have learned their leason by now.
So, ccp, do not listen to the op.

Hmm, WoDO have many devs who never made an MMO before just like TOR, so there are at least some similarities but they do the opposite thing and focus ona social player run game. And what I read about sounded good (what I read about TOR never sounded that good).

Dust on the other hand is totally uninteresting for me, I will not play it. So I have to agree with OP, an unknown sandbox that might be good is still a whole lot better bet for me than Dust.

Then again, CCP shuld of course focus on the game with highest economical potential first, it would be too bad if they had to close down. The question is just which of the 2 games that is?

Geinoch

Novice Member

9/17/12 6:20:14 PM#7

Since World Of Darkness is already popular as a pen n paper game, with a good marketing strategy, I'm pretty sure it would seduces all the people around here who seek horror, social oriented adult mmorpg.

Dust514 on the other side got a very original idea of merging an mmorpg with a shooter, but I don't think the people who are playing EVE will be interested in playing Dust. I really don't know who is targetted by this game. I would be really surprised if the game is successful.

(sorry again for my english)

RavingRabbid

Apprentice Member

Remember Rabbids cant play MMO's, but they can dance!

9/17/12 6:28:35 PM#8

IMO dust514 is a complete waste of resourses that couldve been better spent developing WOD.PS3 exclusive, lack of console longevity, and bad gameplay are a loose loose proposition. WOD has more potiential for cash than DUST514. Only time will tell if my opinion is correct.

***Raving rabbid fires very soiled plungers at CCP HQ!!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: SWTOR, Marvel Heroes and WOT.

VirusDancer

Novice Member

Heroes are about character - not gear.

9/17/12 6:28:59 PM#9
Originally posted by cptndunsel
With the horrible release and follow up of The Secret World the ground is fertile for a game like this to come in and own the space.

Hrmmm.... you do realize how much WoD would be exactly like TSW and experience the same problems, right?  Not the same as far as the story/etc - but it would face the same obstacles.  If you believe that TSW's dead and buried, then how on Earth could you not see the same future for WoD?

The marketplace has changed... games that would have had great launches 3-5 years back are doomed because of where the market is now.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

Geinoch

Novice Member

9/18/12 6:38:56 AM#10
Originally posted by VirusDancer
With the horrible release and follow up of The Secret World the ground is fertile for a game like this to come in and own the space.

Hrmmm.... you do realize how much WoD would be exactly like TSW and experience the same problems, right?  Not the same as far as the story/etc - but it would face the same obstacles.  If you believe that TSW's dead and buried, then how on Earth could you not see the same future for WoD?

The marketplace has changed... games that would have had great launches 3-5 years back are doomed because of where the market is now.

I think you don't fully understand what is WOD, the best would be to go back to Vampire the masquerade: Bloodline. If the game is anywhere near this I'm pretty sur it would be successful. There is also the social side of the game they want to implant. The prince of the city is supposed to be a player, probably "guild leader " or something. And with the whole jyhad idea it will be really nice to see people trying to take over the control of other cities... The only thing that might be like TSW is the ambiance and then again, I expect WOD to be really more dark (gothic punk)

(Again, sorry for my english)

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

9/18/12 6:45:11 AM#11
With the horrible release and follow up of The Secret World the ground is fertile for a game like this to come in and own the space. You need to reconsider priority of Dust and other projects versus WoD. I'd sign up for WoD in a heartbeat.

TSW never had a horrible release it was very stable and one of the best launches i have seen for an MMORPG for a long time..

Sadly CCP will make sure DUST is out of the door before putting anything extra into World of Darkness.. but dont worry dust beta is currently going on so i guess it wont be long before release and then they can put more into WoD

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

9/18/12 6:46:43 AM#12

I wouldn't equate the success (or lack thereof) as any indicator of whether or not CCP should focus more on WOD or not.

I do think Dust514 is headed towards failure, just my opinion of course, based on my own personal playing preferences.

I think the market is ripe for a a title such as WOD that carries CCP's special game making flair, but as mentioned, its not as if a lot of former EVE coders are working on the project, no telling how it might turn out in the long run.

But I feel more optimistic about WOD, even if CCP seems to have diverted resources to get Dust514 working.

"In these forums 'honest' seems to be a symonym for 'hates the game just like I do'" - ohioastro
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Xasapis

Tipster

9/18/12 6:50:27 AM#13

Funny how all games seem so great in the early alpha stage of development, when wishful thinking rather than market realities kick in?

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

9/18/12 8:29:39 AM#14
Funny how all these WoW kiddiez can't even wrap their heads around the concept of WoD. 

Xasapis

Tipster

9/18/12 8:54:11 AM#15
Originally posted by TruthXHurts
Funny how all these WoW kiddiez can't even wrap their heads around the concept of WoD. 

I'm glad that you reinforce my point. Lets see how the real end product is first, we've been through enough concept messiahs already.

TruthXHurts

Novice Member

9/18/12 10:09:32 AM#16
Originally posted by Xasapis

I'm glad that you reinforce my point. Lets see how the real end product is first, we've been through enough concept messiahs already.

Name the company that has produced the only succesful modern sandbox MMO.  THen name the company that is producing WoD.

floreairfoot

Novice Member

9/18/12 1:03:17 PM#17
Originally posted by Geinoch

I don't think the people who are playing EVE will be interested in playing Dust. I really don't know who is targetted by this game. I would be really surprised if the game is successful.

Of couse they won't, and neither will people generally playing MMO's. That's the point, they're not trying to lose their EVE players to D514.

There's a HUGE playerbase of FPS and they generally love multiplayer. That's the group that will be interested. They're always trying to sqeeze more play-time out of their games and an mmo is the perfect solution.

The fact that there's no subscription makes it an even better incentive. I think it's going to do well.

Xasapis

Tipster

9/18/12 1:10:18 PM#18

Name the company that has produced the only succesful modern sandbox MMO.  THen name the company that is producing WoD.

I can name you another company that has produced the arguably best three way PvP (or RvR) system, yet they failed at reproducing the same game.

Both the concept of WoD is interesting and the lore/scenery is something I'm looking forward to. I just don't think people should be over excited just yet.

Geinoch

Novice Member

9/19/12 2:02:19 PM#19

I can name you another company that has produced the arguably best three way PvP (or RvR) system, yet they failed at reproducing the same game.

Both the concept of WoD is interesting and the lore/scenery is something I'm looking forward to. I just don't think people should be over excited just yet.

Au contraire, people should get over excited, that's exactly what an mmorpg need before launching. That's what the company are looking for to know if the project is viable. Big expectation is also what's putting pressure on devs. I hope people get Over excited so the server blow at launch and get a good player base.

I know mmorpg doesn't deliver what expected most of the time, it doesn't mean we shouldn't speak about it before the launch and don't get interested on what direction the game is taking...

(sorry for my english)

nixium

Novice Member

9/19/12 2:38:15 PM#20
I cry in despair at what happened with this game which should have been released by now. Something deep within says let it go, it's not happening.
2 Pages 1 2 » Search