Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,171 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,717
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » Should CCP swallow their pride?

7 posts found
  DashiDMV

Advanced Member

OP  7/03/12 2:21:51 AM#1

It;s not really a secret that CCP had been pretty humbled the last 10 months or so. It's good they scaled back their ambitions but for us WoD fans it wasn't the news we really wanted to hear. Most of the heaviest casualties came from this team and those who are left have been getting pulled off WoD to work on EvE or DUST.

CCP has come clean and admitted faults, for the good of WoD could they go a step futher and use Kickstarter or another crowdfunding source to get WoD back on schedule and maybe here some time before the next century? Would you as a WoD fan pay to have the release date pushed up a couple of years? Could you turst CCP to use the money to hire back old White Wolf members let go, to put the staff back on the WoD project and keep them there, and most importantly not use the money as a slush fund for the other 2 games.

If you did support the game, would you feel betrayed if the game was a cash grab with item shops and the "1000 dollar pants" type items that caused a lot of the uproar in the first place? How much would you be willing to spend to see the game delivered sooner? What would you give up as a concession and what lines would you want to make sure CCP did not cross?

Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Loke666

Elite Member

7/03/12 2:27:29 AM#2

I am not sure if something like this is needed at all, they were a bit unclear about it on the Eve fan faire.

It all depends on the current state of the game, I fear that I must know what they have done so far before deciding if I want to put in cash for a kickstarter or not. 

I might but I frankly think that they should take their time with the game in any way, WoD deserves more than a half finnished game.

zipzap

Novice Member

7/03/12 2:32:18 AM#3

CCP pulled ppl from from it but what about whitewolf?

arent they working on it?

Loke666

Elite Member

7/03/12 2:34:24 AM#4
Originally posted by zipzap

CCP pulled ppl from from it but what about whitewolf?

arent they working on it?

They are more or less the same company since the merger, so it is not unlikely that they also had many people pulled to Dust but yes they do.

Caldrin

Advanced Member

7/03/12 2:36:06 AM#5

err thay pulled people off to get their current game DUST out the door with as little issues as possible... any sane company would have done the same LOL..

Once that is out and working correctly people will be put back onto WoD...

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Geinoch

Novice Member

7/07/12 10:26:06 AM#6

As a matter of fact I would gladly pay 15$ a month and about a 100$ for the starting DVD (like usual good mmorpg). I also know a couple of friends (7 to be more specific) playing at the pen and paper game who would pay the same amount. Par contre, I don't know a lot of people who would pay the same for dust. The calcul seems easy for me, I hope CCP come to the same conclusion...

(I apologize for my english)

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

"I am not the light, or the darkness, but the twilight in between"

7/10/12 7:12:52 AM#7

I didnt get the impression they were in bad shape, just a little behind. He said that he underestimated adapting the code from EVE into WoD. As a hobbiest programmer, I can definitly see where he is comming from.

As far as I am concerned, they did swallow thier pride the moment they admitted that mistake, and they are determined to pull thru with the project.

They got my support, and I bet we see WoD sometime next summer.