Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,820 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,488
CCP Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » What Vampire Bloodline with you play?

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search
134 posts found
  Moirae

Hard Core Member

9/19/11 10:04:26 PM#41

Toreador or Ventrue, most likely. If Sabbat is available, then a Lasombra. I tend to like my characters more romantic and classy. Then again, I'm a girl. lol. Maybe thats why. 

augustgrace

Hard Core Member

9/19/11 10:11:41 PM#42

I think it will be a toss up between Ventrue or Gangrel for first choice, then Tremere for my second choice. 

9reesracer9

Hard Core Member

9/19/11 11:22:36 PM#43

if the Sabbat faction is represented faithfully enough, i imagine i would favor 

Losombra, mercilessly hunting down antitribu passing themselves off as Ventrue

(or worse) in the Camarilla. now that has RP-PvP potential.

Enerzeal

Spotlight Poster

There is no good or evil, only power - and those too weak to seek it.

9/20/11 3:54:34 AM#44

If everyone ends up doing malk, I'll go Tremere or Gangrel, I just don't wanna be the majority cause crazy is cool. I'll no doubt be RPing the sweet jesus out of it.

cheshyrecat

Novice Member

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

9/20/11 11:30:08 AM#45

I always favored the Samedi, Tzimisce, or the followers of set.  The ugly, the monstrous, and the sinners.  I also habitually root for the under-dog.  Go figure.

ZoeMcCloskey

Novice Member

INTJ, polite but difficult to be friends with :P

9/20/11 2:11:01 PM#46

Samedi are the underdog

Tzimisce not so much

Followers of Set you would think would be given all the enemies aligned against them specifically, yet they just keep on winning, maybe they got Tiger blood

eyelolled

Advanced Member

I am more than some of my parts

9/20/11 4:29:55 PM#47

sorry to not be on topic, but I didn't think this would justify a new thread. I am interested in this game, but I really have no idea about the lore or the original game. Is there any books, or recommended websites that might be helpful in learning about the background for this game? Thanks

As for bloodline, I fully intend on joining the most awesome bloodline once I find out what my options are.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

Khrymson

Guide

9/20/11 5:55:16 PM#48
Originally posted by Moirae

Toreador or Ventrue, most likely. If Sabbat is available, then a Lasombra. I tend to like my characters more romantic and classy. Then again, I'm a girl. lol. Maybe thats why. 

Toreador here too.  I've always played them since the first time I learned of Vampires, and rolled my first char!

ecoli0157h7

Novice Member

9/20/11 6:31:33 PM#49

My first PnP (still have the character sheet) was a Tremere so I have a special spot in my heart and would play him with PvE ruleset only.  I just don't think I could take him dying due to my stupidity.

For PvP/RP:  Brujah fits me a my personality, much easier to RP well.  If Sabbat is allowed I will role Tzimisce as they can be a lot of fun.

Word of caution to all the Malkav lovers though:  it is exceedingly difficult to play crazy well and most people just wind up crazy/stupid or OOC all the time. If you can pull it off my hats off to you, but few have or can.

grndzro

Elite Member

9/20/11 6:35:43 PM#50

Setite or Tremere, Lol in LA I had a Settite who undertook the Tremere ritual. it was pretty sick.

spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

9/20/11 6:54:25 PM#51

Don't know what rule set they are using. My freind just sent me the latest edition in pdf (Vampie the Requiem) All the clans have changed. Not played the pnp since I was in college so lost touch with it over the years so please corect me here if I am wrong, but most of the clans I know seem gone for good.  If White Wolf are on board then I imagine they will want to use the new set to promote the pnp books.  Anyway if they are using the old school clans I really hope they let us play as Sabbat. Once I had read all the Sabbat books and backstory they seemed more relateable to me than the Camarilla who I never really clicked with. If we can play Sabbat then it has to be Tzimisce for me. Had a feind for four years, loved them. If it's Camarilla only then it has to be Noz. Ugly, strong and invisable....Just like my gran.

cheshyrecat

Novice Member

9/21/11 5:58:01 PM#52

just a guess but I'd think they'd almost have to include the sabbat.  Besides the Weres, the sabbat was the chief enemy of the cam vampires.  I suppose they might only start with camarilla vampires and just have us fighting against each other.  However, I doubt they'd go that route.  If you're going to build a game like this you probably want to make it easier on yourself and give your players a clear cut enemy.  Sabbat would fit the bill nicely.

PukeBucket

Novice Member

9/21/11 6:02:56 PM#53
Originally posted by spookydom

Don't know what rule set they are using. My freind just sent me the latest edition in pdf (Vampie the Requiem) All the clans have changed. Not played the pnp since I was in college so lost touch with it over the years so please corect me here if I am wrong, but most of the clans I know seem gone for good.  If White Wolf are on board then I imagine they will want to use the new set to promote the pnp books.  Anyway if they are using the old school clans I really hope they let us play as Sabbat. Once I had read all the Sabbat books and backstory they seemed more relateable to me than the Camarilla who I never really clicked with. If we can play Sabbat then it has to be Tzimisce for me. Had a feind for four years, loved them. If it's Camarilla only then it has to be Noz. Ugly, strong and invisable....Just like my gran.

Well they're releasing the old World of Darkness setting / vampire clans with the new story telling rule set.

I remember since this was first announced the setting for the game will be unique, but with the more familiar clans.

Malk or Bru here tho'. Depends.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

solarine

Advanced Member

9/22/11 5:44:43 AM#54

Well, I'm torn between opposites: Gangrel and Ventrue. :)

Though honestly, I can see playing almost any clan if there's enough character (and some RP space) to them.

Playing Nosferatu could be interesting with a lot of mortals around, for example.

Also, I'm curious as to how CCP is going to handle the weaknesses.

spookydom

Hard Core Member

I'm a lvl 50 Batman!

9/22/11 5:54:22 AM#55
Originally posted by PukeBucket
Originally posted by spookydom

Well they're releasing the old World of Darkness setting / vampire clans with the new story telling rule set.

I remember since this was first announced the setting for the game will be unique, but with the more familiar clans.

Malk or Bru here tho'. Depends.

Good to know, thanks.

watchawatcha

Advanced Member

9/22/11 11:34:49 AM#56

Mechanic wise - who knows what they are doing...

BUT IP wise?  They are going old school V:TM because it's more popular, more resources and over all better.

Don't take my word for it - look at the Massively article.  He comes out and says it.

Anyways, I will be playing Tremere.  I prefer Sabbat, but I don't care.  I can wait.  I'm just so damn glad they are making this game.

pepper201

Novice Member

9/22/11 3:53:53 PM#57

oh malkavian without a doubt if its an option.

billogro

Novice Member

9/22/11 4:30:46 PM#58

I hope they give the option for one to play Salubri. Most difficult and most fun to play in my opinion.

Vorthanion

Elite Member

9/22/11 4:37:57 PM#59

Clan Tremere.

ZoeMcCloskey

Novice Member

INTJ, polite but difficult to be friends with :P

9/22/11 4:41:57 PM#60
Originally posted by billogro

I hope they give the option for one to play Salubri. Most difficult and most fun to play in my opinion.

They are great but dubious they will or should allow them.  There are only seven(?) I think in existance during the usual timeline and they are caught up in their own endless line of making one childer, reaching golconda, ending their existence, etc, etc

To me the fun part is the eventual destruction of the Tremere for what they did to Saulot and his childer.  Yeah I hate the Tremere very much so :P

7 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Search