Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,353 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,039
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » World of Darkness 2013 or 2014?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  Viper482

Elite Member

8/20/13 4:03:52 PM#41
This game wreaks of vaporware to me.
  dyermaker714

Advanced Member

9/16/13 1:05:38 AM#42
Originally posted by Viper482

YOU wreak of vaporware..

Hokie

Elite Member

Hey Devs, just so you know. The more you give us to play with, the more we play.

9/16/13 1:29:28 AM#43
Originally posted by Ticklepink
Im counting on 2015 in all seriousness..yes I know..but 014 is way too close to even consider next year a possibility.

The people that think 2014 are on some serious drugs, there is no way in hell.

Even 2015 is a pipe dream, sorry.

Anyone who follows MMO's and their development knows the hype-train runs for a good two to three years.

The hype-train may start running in late 2014 or early 2015 but not before. So that puts a expected release date in 2016 at best, and more realistically probably 2017 or early to mid 2018. Thats right, about 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 years from now.

My hope is Q1 or Q2 2016, but I know thats a pipe dream.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Chthon

Novice Member

9/16/13 1:46:31 AM#44

Here's the most recent official information as far as I know. 

http://youtu.be/vxC8vX2zAgY?t=24m59s

It's real.  It's eventually coming but no way it'll be this year.  I doubt even in 2014.  Maybe Beta.

Dward127

Novice Member

9/16/13 1:53:10 AM#45

it is vaporware they are to busy making other games than to worry about this one.

tawess

Elite Member

9/16/13 1:55:32 AM#46

Yeah the 2013;ish date was before the EvE community flipped the collective shit and told CCP they rather play Space Invader... So CCP pulled the panic strap and everything got put on hold. Now that Eve is sort of floating again i guess work will continue.

i think 15-16 is a good solid bet right now (unless the EvE crowd flip their shit again)

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

Sleepyfish

Advanced Member

9/18/13 11:27:26 PM#47
Originally posted by Dward127

it is vaporware they are to busy making other games than to worry about this one.

Every bit of "information" they have shown are just graphical program demos. I think they just want people on the leash to buy their new titles, new titles not WOD. DUST from what I hear is not even half as good as Planetside 2 but CCP believes all their ideas are better than a WOD mmo. So they will go ahead and make their new EVE Valkerie project  and not put any resources into wod to make that. 

WOD would be an instant draw with a great IP I said, hell we all said a FPS mmo even a good one is going to be average at best probably a 200k sub game. DUST is not even good enough for that. They made World of Darkness vaporware so they could make the Spruce Goose of mmorpgs. 

GrayKodiak

Novice Member

9/18/13 11:41:44 PM#48
I really have high hopes for a WoD MMO, especially given CCP's outside the box outlook on things. This game is moving as slow as the dead however, and while it may not see the light of day soon I think we can assume it will rise up eventually. I just wonder if CCP will carry over its blood thirsty mechanics from Eve into a 3D ground based game. Eve's crafting is to die for and is really one of the best ever, and the only one to survive the last decade, one could argue however that a modern day MMO could not have the same level of crafting as a fantasy or futuristic MMO because honestly no on in modern day (or even a near modern) setting is sitting around his/her room crafting clothes...they go to walmart or marc jacobs depending on the economic status, as much as I love crafting I just don't see it as integral an aspect of a real WoD based MMO... even if the idea of a CCP game without crafting would have some EVE die-hards turning in the graves.
  SlothnChunk

Advanced Member

9/19/13 8:54:45 PM#49

Really hope they are making great progress on developing this game with a 2015 or so release.

However, I have a bad feeling this game will end up as vaporware.

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

9/19/13 9:00:14 PM#50
Originally posted by SlothnChunk

Really hope they are making great progress on developing this game with a 2015 or so release.

unlikely. know why ?

those walking-in-station character thingies...the station itself is crap but the character itself looks super realistic. I bet this is because they copy-pasted it from WoD which will have actual characters. I feel too much work went into those characters to be simply developed just to sit in one room in stations.

I think that's WoD tech right there...and I think WoD characters will look a lot like EVE ones look in station.

SlothnChunk

Advanced Member

9/19/13 9:02:14 PM#51
Originally posted by Robokapp
Originally posted by SlothnChunk

unlikely. know why ?

those walking-in-station character thingies...the station itself is crap but the character itself looks super realistic. I bet this is because they copy-pasted it from WoD which will have actual characters. I feel too much work went into those characters to be simply developed just to sit in one room in stations.

I think that's WoD tech right there...and I think WoD characters will look a lot like EVE ones look in station.

It's just a tech demo of the engine which they are planning to use for several games. Doesn't show any significant progress on WoD itself.

Kempest

Novice Member

10/14/13 6:50:53 AM#52
change the topic to 2015 or 2016 ^^
  Mothanos

Hard Core Member

10/25/13 2:33:59 AM#53

I was hoping a 2014 release but dont count on it.
At this stage in development they are still working on tools to gain faster programming.
Thats not to say they havent designed a world and early alpha build as they have done that.

But its still way to early to say the stones are set in place and we could see a beta if we are lucky maybe at the end of 2014 they might release a closed beta build but we just dont know.

I have much faith that this mmo will be as unique as Eve Online.
At Fanfest in Iceland we saw a glimps of a demo that got me to the end of the seat.
Dont count that this mmo will be a normal easy mode on rails mmo we have seen the last years ;)

It will be a hardcore murdering mmmo and many people who cant cope with dead and destruction will likely hate this game and all its features.
But the hardcore crowd who are sick and tired of being handheld in carebear land will rejoice once they see that CCP has in store :)

damn shame they dint made the demo public at Fanfest 2013 as it would get you excicted even more.
Maybe thats a good thing tough, as the wait for a release can be 2015/2016.

http://speedtest.net/result/2112016336.png

Phry

Elite Member

10/25/13 3:15:46 AM#54
Tend to agree about the game releasing 2015-2016 as being more realistic, if the game was any closer to release there would be far more information out from CCP. Think CCP have had their hands too full with Dust and Eve to really get the work done on WoD anyway, much as i would far prefer them to work on WoD than the trainwreck that is Dust.
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search