Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,823 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,888
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » Speculation on city mechanics, loot and stuff?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
34 posts found
  Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

"I am not the light, or the darkness, but the twilight in between"

OP  5/16/13 3:56:43 PM#21

Well, after reading up on the April 2012 showing of WoD, it seems a few questions were answered.

"There is permadeath in the game already implemented, though only in certain situations. Once again, no details, save that it takes more than just being ganked."

That's awesome!

"Like Eve, World of Darkness is due to be a single world, its scale and specific locations both still 'no comment' territory. Cities will be huge and seamless, though it'll be possible to get around faster using subways"

Ok so now we know how Vampires will be traveling during the day. I wonder if they will have cars? Some nice tinted windows, bullet proof of course!

When talking about texturing, he mentions this:

"The procedural texturing allows for things like city districts to shift look depending on ownership"

So, you guys pretty much nailed this one. Cities will be broken up into districts. I imagine these districts are designed after "real life", with a mayor and other possible titles. This would definitely makes sense in a political game.

The trick will be, that as Vampires we have to stay hidden, so its like how Maelwudd described it, we will have to do everything "through" NPC humans, each with their own attributes and skills and such.

They are taking the same approach with crafting. When they said that players actually don't do the crafting themselves, its the NPCs that do it for them. Very interesting idea, I cant wait to see how is implemented.

"Elsewhere, there will be crafting and similar elements, though your character specifically won't do them personally - "You're a powerful, immortal lord of the night - you don't want to sew a shirt!" Instead, you have a network of lesser beings to do that kind of chore for you, maintaining narrative cohesion even if the practical mechanics aren't that different to other MMOs."

I am assuming he is talking about NPCs, when he refers to "lesser beings"? Or maybe lower members of the clan?

"The world will also have NPCs, to make use of and snack from"

That was an obvious one, but I wonder what he means exactly by "make use of". I guess just giving orders, like "craft me this".

"and players should be able to stay connected with the game and their networks in at least some form via both real-world and in-game cellphones."

Not sure how I feel about this. Will we be able to call someone on their cell from inside the game? Kinda strange, I don't know.

"We've banned the names Edward and Bella."

I love CCP!

Tierless

Apprentice Member

joie de vivre

5/16/13 4:57:02 PM#22

I lust for this game like a Vampire at a Blood Drive.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

grndzro

Advanced Member

5/18/13 2:22:41 AM#23

I hope they stay true to WoD. I want to make a Settite that has performed the Tremere ritual for blood magic

Squeak69

Novice Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

5/18/13 2:33:06 AM#24

ok eveything else aside the banning of those two names makes me wanna play this

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

OP  5/18/13 5:23:59 AM#25
Originally posted by Squeak69

Definitly, you got to love CCP for doing that!

indomitus

Novice Member

5/25/13 10:33:29 AM#26
Originally posted by Adalwulff
Originally posted by Squeak69

Definitly, you got to love CCP for doing that!

Don't forget White Wolf.

RavingRabbid

Apprentice Member

Remember Rabbids cant play MMO's, but they can dance!

5/25/13 10:41:34 AM#27
Don't be surprised if WOD is very similar to Eve Online via, market, skills, player controlled territories, High-sec (Elysium) etc

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
Playing: SWTOR, Marvel Heroes and WOT.

Fusion

Old School

5/25/13 10:45:07 AM#28
Originally posted by RavingRabbid
Don't be surprised if WOD is very similar to Eve Online via, market, skills, player controlled territories, High-sec (Elysium) etc

Just as long as they make combat something far better than what eve has to offer, i can only see those as benefits.

The only reason i can't bare eve for more than a few days at a time (every now and then) is the utterly horrible, slow and boring combat (one can only stay sane for so long doing mining/trading).

Currently playing: ESO

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

catch2two

Advanced Member

5/25/13 10:50:20 AM#29

I haven't played EvE since it first released, so I'm not sure what they added in terms of Building structures and what not. But I really would like to add that I have a feeling it'll be like Matrix online where many of the buildings will be open to players and specific ones for quests. 

I'm a HUGE fan of MxO and played from Beta to the end of days (Recursion ftw [Mark88 for anyone who would remember my sexy pink getup]). So the idea of having a game thats set in a world that seems alot like MxO (Dark and Gothic) will get heads turning and especially mine.

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

OP  5/27/13 1:51:36 PM#30
Originally posted by Fusion
Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Just as long as they make combat something far better than what eve has to offer, i can only see those as benefits.

The only reason i can't bare eve for more than a few days at a time (every now and then) is the utterly horrible, slow and boring combat (one can only stay sane for so long doing mining/trading).

I couldn't agree more.

I love EVE, and I do expect CCP to use many of the same mechanics and design, and that would be a good think imo. I think EVE has the best economy and market in any MMO. I love the crafting system too.

But the combat is exactly why I quit playing EVE, its so dam boring!  ...lol

Sonshou

Apprentice Member

5/31/13 5:21:34 AM#31

"Like Eve, World of Darkness is due to be a single world, its scale and specific locations both still 'no comment' territory. Cities will be huge and seamless, though it'll be possible to get around faster using subways"

Ok so now we know how Vampires will be traveling during the day. I wonder if they will have cars? Some nice tinted windows, bullet proof of course!

"The procedural texturing allows for things like city districts to shift look depending on ownership"

So, you guys pretty much nailed this one. Cities will be broken up into districts. I imagine these districts are designed after "real life", with a mayor and other possible titles. This would definitely makes sense in a political game.

The trick will be, that as Vampires we have to stay hidden, so its like how Maelwudd described it, we will have to do everything "through" NPC humans, each with their own attributes and skills and such.

They are taking the same approach with crafting. When they said that players actually don't do the crafting themselves, its the NPCs that do it for them. Very interesting idea, I cant wait to see how is implemented.

"Elsewhere, there will be crafting and similar elements, though your character specifically won't do them personally - "You're a powerful, immortal lord of the night - you don't want to sew a shirt!" Instead, you have a network of lesser beings to do that kind of chore for you, maintaining narrative cohesion even if the practical mechanics aren't that different to other MMOs."

I am assuming he is talking about NPCs, when he refers to "lesser beings"? Or maybe lower members of the clan?

There was an answer on Twitter about cars, "not GTA, sorry".

BTW, bullet-proof windows? In the PnP, bullets are just bashing for the Kindred, an anti-bomb shield would be preferred. CCP also announced fireguns won't be very effective with Vampires in the MMO. And just try to create a powerful Vampire in VTM - Bloodlines, you will see what happens with bullets and their ineffectiveness.

About crafting, I don't think they will be NPCs, if not, other PCs. That'll have more sense in WoD and in a sandbox game.

What do you mean about "districts designed after real life"? After real cities? It's that so, they won't, because they feel real cities are generally boring and they're using stylized versions.

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

OP  6/05/13 7:18:47 PM#32
Originally posted by Sonshou

There was an answer on Twitter about cars, "not GTA, sorry".

BTW, bullet-proof windows? In the PnP, bullets are just bashing for the Kindred, an anti-bomb shield would be preferred. CCP also announced fireguns won't be very effective with Vampires in the MMO. And just try to create a powerful Vampire in VTM - Bloodlines, you will see what happens with bullets and their ineffectiveness.

About crafting, I don't think they will be NPCs, if not, other PCs. That'll have more sense in WoD and in a sandbox game.

What do you mean about "districts designed after real life"? After real cities? It's that so, they won't, because they feel real cities are generally boring and they're using stylized versions.

I never played GTA, so no loss there.

I think your wrong about the crafting system. He specifically said that you would not be doing your own crafting, and I didn't get the hint that he meant other players would be doing it. But of course, I could be wrong. Check out some of the articles from the april 2013 fanfest.

As for the cities, again he did specifically state that they would be designed from real life, and a Vampire will do everything through these NPCs.

So it stands to reason that there would be mayors and police chiefs, and that sort, if the Vampire wants to control a district, or a city.

What sort of stylized versions were you thinking?

Sonshou

Apprentice Member

6/16/13 8:21:04 PM#33

- I mean their designs, their buildings, their streets, they won't be a copy of real cities, if not a stylised, darker version of cities named after real ones. I wasn't talking about Police Departments and such things.

- That's not the point, the thing is you can not drive cars. Somebody asked about that on Twitter and that was the response, Chris McDonough mentioned GTA to explain that part.

He specifically said that you would not be doing your own crafting

- I read the news, interviews and articles about EVE Fanfest 2013 and I didn't say you will do your own crafting.

Just think about it, for example, in DUST 514, other players can do certain tasks for other players in EVE Online, then they get their rewards, now in VTM, Vampires manipulate others to do their job. In the presentation at EVE Fanfest 2013, Chris talked about manipulation. In a sandbox game, everything is made by their players and they got tools for that purpose.

Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

OP  6/25/13 9:47:11 PM#34
Originally posted by Sonshou

- I mean their designs, their buildings, their streets, they won't be a copy of real cities, if not a stylised, darker version of cities named after real ones. I wasn't talking about Police Departments and such things.

- That's not the point, the thing is you can not drive cars. Somebody asked about that on Twitter and that was the response, Chris McDonough mentioned GTA to explain that part.

He specifically said that you would not be doing your own crafting

- I read the news, interviews and articles about EVE Fanfest 2013 and I didn't say you will do your own crafting.

Just think about it, for example, in DUST 514, other players can do certain tasks for other players in EVE Online, then they get their rewards, now in VTM, Vampires manipulate others to do their job. In the presentation at EVE Fanfest 2013, Chris talked about manipulation. In a sandbox game, everything is made by their players and they got tools for that purpose.

I definitely see a more stylized version of cities, but I am pretty sure they will be actual cities, like London or Paris.

So on the subject of crafting, you don't think they are taking the sandbox approach?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search