Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,926 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,245
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » World of Darkness, Horrifying WoW clones away...

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search
79 posts found
  Icewhite

Made History

Pink, it's like red but not quite.

2/22/13 10:08:31 AM#61

I got bored of vampires in RPGs as early as 85. If you had attended some of the early Gencons and ran games for pickup players, you would fully understand.

But I bear WoD no ill will, good luck.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Harlequin_S

Novice Member

2/22/13 3:18:30 PM#62
Originally posted by Nosferatu4U
Out of curiosity, what will we do during daylight?

Easy answer. Nothing. As the WoD MMO will be persistant night.

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
http://www.wodnews.net

Harlequin_S

Novice Member

2/22/13 3:21:12 PM#63
Originally posted by Hodo

I expect the game to launch sometime late this year if not late next year.   It will be chaos the first few months of bugs, crashes, exploits, and of course greifing.   

Not this year, CCP stated such. Most people following this estimate beta sometime next year, full release 2015.

-Harlequin

User Deleted
2/22/13 3:23:03 PM#64

well even more reason why one should avoid this game entirely. Limiting the gameplay to vampires wasn't bad enough (hell they didn't even wanna include vampire hunters) but to do this, and people like it, amazes me. 

Here comes the pk mobs AOEing all the RPers. That'll go over well.

Harlequin_S

Novice Member

2/22/13 3:23:50 PM#65
Originally posted by Icewhite

I got bored of vampires in RPGs as early as 85. If you had attended some of the early Gencons and ran games for pickup players, you would fully understand.

But I bear WoD no ill will, good luck.

Since VtM some out 1991 and this MMO is based on such seems you are missing the point.. this isn't D&D vampires...

-Harlequin

Redemp

Apprentice Member

If I didn't respond to you, chances are you're a idiot.

2/22/13 3:29:11 PM#66

Looks like an interesting game, been following it for a bit now, albeit from a distance. Sandbox's are always tempting, the scene is interesting. The one thing that assures I'll watch but never partake is the developer. Here's to hoping its exactly what the "sanbox with no rules" crowd wants.

Slampig

Hard Core Member

Whatever you do, do NOT speak ill of Asheron's Call 2...

2/22/13 3:31:51 PM#67
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by Lesrach

Hi all,

could be old news but woke my interest up...

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/24/ccp-shows-world-of-darkness-footage-during-eve-fanfest/

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/25/leaked-world-of-darkness-footage-comes-out-of-grand-masquerade-convention/

...player elected leader with permadeath rights...   ...sandbox...   ..."with essentially no rules"...

Yes, anyone who likes vampires but can''t face the ebb and flow of a sandbox and be willing to face permadeath on the odd occasion should HTFU or stay away. Glamourous yes, soft no.

If HTFU means what I think it means then I would reply with two words... VIDEO GAME...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

osmunda

Novice Member

2/23/13 9:01:51 AM#68

A few questions... 

Why did someone bother to necro this thread?

What is a pk mob?

Are there AoEs in Vampire the Masquerade (not counting Dementation, Presence etc.)?

@itgrowls-- There will be humans with guns. Not sure how that differs from vampire hunters.

RefMinor

Novice Member

Hipster

2/23/13 9:56:28 AM#69
Originally posted by Slampig
Originally posted by RefMinor

Hi all,

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/24/ccp-shows-world-of-darkness-footage-during-eve-fanfest/

http://www.vg247.com/2010/09/25/leaked-world-of-darkness-footage-comes-out-of-grand-masquerade-convention/

...player elected leader with permadeath rights...   ...sandbox...   ..."with essentially no rules"...

Yes, anyone who likes vampires but can''t face the ebb and flow of a sandbox and be willing to face permadeath on the odd occasion should HTFU or stay away. Glamourous yes, soft no.

If HTFU means what I think it means then I would reply with two words... VIDEO GAME...

Actually HTFU does mean what you think, it is the CCP default response to EvE players who complain about losing or being cheated, I imagine they will also be using it for those who lose in WoD. 

And they know its a "VIDEO GAME", they created it  (facepalm)

Marius6870

Apprentice Member

3/17/13 10:25:54 AM#70

Few things to explain to those of you that don't know. Do not hold me to everything listed below, because all things are subject to change before the actual release of the game.Between what I have read and the videos watched, this is what I know thus far....

1) VtM will not have any sunlight, the entire game will be at Night!

2) The only way that you can be permadeath killed is if the Prince calls a blood hunt on you. Any Prince that tries to abuse this power will be voted out and probably killed in turn, so that will keep them in line "hopefully". There will have to be certain conditions met before this can happen, like your character attacking other Kindred unprovoked, breaking the Masquerade, and just playing your character in a unintelligent manner.

3) The game will have something for everyone, from RP, to PVE gameplay,game politics, and of course PVP for those that are looking for it. Id assume that if you attack someone without being provoked, that your gonna end up with a blood hunt on your neck, so pick your battles carefully...

4) At the start of the game, we can only play Camarilla Clan Characters. Garou, Mage, Hunters ect will all come later.Sabbat from my understanding will be NPC enemies in PVE "which blows cause I love Clan Lasombra!!". They wanted to focus on Vampires first to make sure they get it right.

5) The game will be out in 2014 at the latest. Im taking a guess here on this part, but it makes sense cause Dust 514 is done, and they can focus on WOD more, plus they are gonna show us some gameplay next month, plus their devs have been testing it internaly.

Thats really all I know at this point, but i,ll be sure to post once I find out more, cheers!

Hodo

Advanced Member

3/18/13 12:56:00 PM#71
Originally posted by Marius6870

Few things to explain to those of you that don't know. Do not hold me to everything listed below, because all things are subject to change before the actual release of the game.Between what I have read and the videos watched, this is what I know thus far....

2) The only way that you can be permadeath killed is if the Prince calls a blood hunt on you. Any Prince that tries to abuse this power will be voted out and probably killed in turn, so that will keep them in line "hopefully". There will have to be certain conditions met before this can happen, like your character attacking other Kindred unprovoked, breaking the Masquerade, and just playing your character in a unintelligent manner.

3) The game will have something for everyone, from RP, to PVE gameplay,game politics, and of course PVP for those that are looking for it. Id assume that if you attack someone without being provoked, that your gonna end up with a blood hunt on your neck, so pick your battles carefully...

4) At the start of the game, we can only play Camarilla Clan Characters. Garou, Mage, Hunters ect will all come later.Sabbat from my understanding will be NPC enemies in PVE "which blows cause I love Clan Lasombra!!". They wanted to focus on Vampires first to make sure they get it right.

5) The game will be out in 2014 at the latest. Im taking a guess here on this part, but it makes sense cause Dust 514 is done, and they can focus on WOD more, plus they are gonna show us some gameplay next month, plus their devs have been testing it internaly.

Thats really all I know at this point, but i,ll be sure to post once I find out more, cheers!

I would like them to leave room to expand the game universe to the whole World of Darkness or at least the core three parts of it.   Instead of focusing on just the Vampires.   It would be great to start with the Vampire: The Masqurade and then later say 2015 go to Werewolf: The Appocolypse, then Hunters and Hunted by 2016 or even Mage The Acension.

Permadeath is something I have enjoyed in games since back in the days of MUDs.   But most of todays gamers are spoiled and have a carefree attitude towards their characters.   I mean just look at half of the names in games now days, they dont even have the forethought to be original.  

So much crap, so little quality.

ragz45

Novice Member

3/18/13 1:37:00 PM#72
I honestly hate CGI trailers.  Give me real game footage or give me nothing at all.  CGI trailers are a waste of dev time that could be better spent actually making a game.

Ikisis

Apprentice Member

3/20/13 2:13:02 PM#73
Originally posted by ragz45
I honestly hate CGI trailers.  Give me real game footage or give me nothing at all.  CGI trailers are a waste of dev time that could be better spent actually making a game.

I agree with you 100%

Full Loot PvP http://lifeisfeudal.com/ Next Generation Sandbox MMORPG

Vembumees

Novice Member

4/04/13 2:35:08 AM#74
Originally posted by ragz45

devs dont make cgi trailers

indomitus

Novice Member

5/25/13 10:40:41 AM#75
Permadeath is something I have enjoyed in games since back in the days of MUDs.   But most of todays gamers are spoiled and have a carefree attitude towards their characters.   I mean just look at half of the names in games now days, they dont even have the forethought to be original.  

Permadeath is ok if it's implemented right, it's not if that's not the case. If the gap in the advantage one gets is not great between new players and veterans, then it's ok (ofc that's not the only thing that matters). If that's not the case... I think you get it.

redcapp

Novice Member

5/25/13 10:43:28 AM#76
Originally posted by Deleted User

Hi all,

Not a fan of vampires, thanks to my wife and daughters love for all things Twilight lol.  But I take it with perma death this is another FFA PvP sandbox?

Twilight is to Vampires as Keebler is to LoTR

Domenicus

Apprentice Member

6/10/13 9:49:26 AM#77
Originally posted by indomitus

Permadeath is ok if it's implemented right, it's not if that's not the case. If the gap in the advantage one gets is not great between new players and veterans, then it's ok (ofc that's not the only thing that matters). If that's not the case... I think you get it.

Permadeath must be made very carefully, noting the selfish and lack of responsibility that much gamers have. I would not be surprise with people who would make a char to only be permakilled and brag about it on forum or youtube... Depending on what is required to have permadeath, you can end having exactly the opposite effect. For instance, would receive permadeath the ones who gank 10 people , then you can be sure that whole guilds will make their alternate chars making a gankfest only to put on youtube or to make the Prince call bloodhunt on hundreds (and they probably would hunt each others with their mains). Thats why I think with permadeath would come a suspension or ban of account...

Harlequin_S

Novice Member

6/11/13 11:33:09 AM#78

1. correct

2. That is ONE of the ways for permadeath but was not said the ONLY way.

3. True

4. True

5. Chris said at the most recent Fanfest the game will not be out this year or next year. So 2015 at best.

-Harlequin

DocBrody

Advanced Member

8/03/13 3:19:19 AM#79
WoD stepped up again to being my number #1 anticipated game. Last hope for a "real" sandbox MMMO
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 Search