Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,341 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,246,807
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » What races do you want to see added?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
44 posts found
  Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

2/11/13 7:40:05 AM#41

It's pretty obvious that adding extra races depends on the success of the initial vampire game.  If it does well, there will be resources to expand the scope of the World Of Darkness.  If WoD is just a mildly profitable, very slow growth game, then I doubt we'll ever see the investment required. 

Werewolves would easily be the easiest WoD race to add from a developmental point of view, and also probably the easiest to market, so I'd expect that this would be the first expansion if there is one.

How in the hell they could do playable mages properly I have no idea. I'd rather not see them as playable at all than see them as "I cast a fireball!" type generic magic users.  And then of course there's the power differential. I think mages would have to remain as plot-generating NPCs.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Margrave

Advanced Member

2/11/13 7:47:16 AM#42
I hope for all of the clans to be present. I was always from Tremere myself....
  Harlequin_S

Novice Member

2/22/13 3:27:43 PM#43
For the record, only kindred and mortals playable at launch, that's stated fact from CCP. Though the other entites in the WoD setting will be present in the game as lore, NPC's. However they did say down the road after launch more races from WoD may enter the game as playable via expansions or updates.

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
http://www.wodnews.net

Nonderyon

Apprentice Member

2/23/13 1:57:19 AM#44
Originally posted by Malcanis

It's pretty obvious that adding extra races depends on the success of the initial vampire game.  If it does well, there will be resources to expand the scope of the World Of Darkness.  If WoD is just a mildly profitable, very slow growth game, then I doubt we'll ever see the investment required. 

yes,i thought it too, this is gona be "Vampire: The masquerade & some other things" at first for sure... :(

I dont like Vamps at all, no,  not hate them, but still...same goes with wolfs and hunters...so i pick demons, but sure when everithing goes well for the game is last one to be implemented along with mage...

BUT, i am more curious about how they make this feel like "real" WoD at all...

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search