Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,014 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,944
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
24 posts found
  Skuz

Novice Member

"If you can''t laugh at yourself there''s always someone around to show you how it''s done!"

12/31/12 4:22:45 AM#21

All of the info I've seen up until now indicates that there is essentially a skeleton crew working on WoD "in their spare time" almost as a sideline project, CCP had to refocus on EVE & DUST 514 as their bread&butter and laid off staff, a good portion of whom were WoD team members.

WoD is essentially on life support with occassional checks until 514 is out the door, I'd be surprised to hear anythiung on it until 2014 when they may ramp up production again post-514 release.

Acidon

Hard Core Member

Permabanned

4/26/13 7:42:38 PM#22
Originally posted by Skuz

All of the info I've seen up until now indicates that there is essentially a skeleton crew working on WoD "in their spare time" almost as a sideline project, CCP had to refocus on EVE & DUST 514 as their bread&butter and laid off staff, a good portion of whom were WoD team members.

WoD is essentially on life support with occassional checks until 514 is out the door, I'd be surprised to hear anythiung on it until 2014 when they may ramp up production again post-514 release.

Just an update (c'mon, it's not that old of a necro), but massively's article posted that CCP now has 70 people on the WoD team.  Woot.

Playing: ESO, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
http://www.acidonsolutions.com

ace5572

Apprentice Member

4/26/13 8:01:50 PM#23
Originally posted by MindTrigger

Dust, the impending fail.

Console games have a short shelf-life, and I don't see how Dust is going to matter.  Most people who play consoles don't even know what EVE is, and if they did, still wouldn't play it.  I'm still so confused by the effort put into that game.

There are a ton of people playing in the PS3 beta right now. And i mean a TON. As long as CCP integrates the two games together properly, they will keep the playerbase, it'll be a success. It'll get the word out on EVE at the same time.

Harlequin_S

Novice Member

6/11/13 12:27:39 PM#24

Chris told me personally now Fanfest is over to not expect any new major news until next year (2014).

Also there are currently ~70 devs working in this MMO now that DUST is out the door, so it's far from dead or stagnant. Also keep in mind yes it was announced ~ 2006 or so but those first couple of years was document design, goals and then creating a working prototype called "Year One". A playable demo per se of all the core features they wanted. They then scraped the demo and started from the ground up on the real game. This was the reason for a lot of the delay. 50% of the time people think they have been working on the game they actually haven't been. The game in development now only started about 2010 or so. Loaning out devs to DUST an EVE past year or so certainly has not helped progress. But now with all that over they are dedicating to this game.

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
http://www.wodnews.net

2 Pages « 1 2 Search