Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Dragon Age: Inquisition | EverQuest | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,904,986 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,291,827
CCP Games
MMORPG | Genre:Horror | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:CCP Games
Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Darkness Forum » General Discussion » What races do you want to see added?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
44 posts found
  gaeanprayer

Novice Member

4/15/12 3:28:22 PM#21

Inquisitor. The game is based on vampires and vampirism, so it makes sense to me that there be an opposing force. Though, yes, vampires are generally at constant if not subtle (sometimes) wars with one another, it would be nice for something outside of that box to exist. And I always loved the Inquisitor supplement, at high levels they could really lay down the undead destruction.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

RefMinor

Advanced Member

Hipster

4/15/12 3:29:04 PM#22
60m hurdles
  seiiya

Novice Member

4/20/12 3:51:28 PM#23

i heard they gonna put LATER ON some sort of mages and werewolfs

zytin

Novice Member

4/21/12 12:49:32 PM#24

Mage would be almost impossible to do properly, especially when you are dealing with paradox and the challenge of trying to make your effects coincidental.   I don't see them adding Werewolf, either, if the game is going to have pvp or enforce the whole 'you can't let anyone know what you are!'  theme of the game.  Especially if it's oWoD, werewolves are extremely overpowered compared to vamps.  oWoD was never designed with cross-class play in mind. 

This will be quite a project, indeed.

User Deleted
4/24/12 6:13:40 PM#25
Originally posted by zytin

This will be quite a project, indeed.

but well worth it if they can pull it off!

Sonshou

Apprentice Member

5/04/12 12:31:06 PM#26

I'm surprised that some people still don't know what is "World of Darkness" and they think it is, well, a new vampire game but I can understand the reason. Even if this concept is great it's still underground. If it wasn't for my cousin who likes the gothic and vampires, I probably never would have found this. But after learning about WoD my interest for vampires was triplicated and turned in a passion.

Back in 1991 Mark Rein·Hagen created Vampire: The Masquerade, then in 1992 he and White Wolf expanded that universe (World of Darkness) to Werewolf: The Apocalypse another series of RPG books and novels set in the same world. And it was expanded through the years with different line of books like Mage: The Ascension - Kindred of the East - Wraith: The Oblivion - Changeling: The Dreaming - Hunter: The Reckoning - Mummy: The Resurrection - Demon: The Fallen and Orpheus.

About the thread:

I would like to see: Vampires, Werewolves, Hunters, Mages and especially Kuei-jin. The Kuei-jin could work very well as antagonists (as they did in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines) unlike Werewolves and the skillful Hunters but still humans they are. BTW, CCP said werewolves would have different targets and objetives and they'll fight not for the same resources than vampires.

There's two things people should remember:

1.- Vampire: The Masquerade was the first PnP RPG game then it was expanded and became in World of Darkness.

2.- This will be an MMO and MMOs after got some success, start to expand the game, new plots-tasks or adding new playable races.

The announcements they already made were: it's based on Vampire: The Masquerade, so it's the Old WoD. They're going to concentrate in Vampire first, the other races could be added later. Everybody starts as a human and needs another PC to become in a Vampire/Kindred.

So, till this point Vampires and Humans will be available at launch. I just hope Humans could be more developed and not being simply bridges to walk and wait your turn to become in a vampire. Concepts like Ghouls (humans who drink vampire blood who don't age, have supernatural strength and endurance but they're used as servants by Vampires), Blood Dolls and simple and plain humans (Kine) could be an option.

As you can see, WoD is not a simple game like "heh, here's my vampire, he has fangs, he will fight a werewolf who is stronger, heh, now there is a hunter with a katana, heh".

gaeanprayer "Inquisitor. The game is based on vampires and vampirism, so it makes sense to me that there be an opposing force. Though, yes, vampires are generally at constant if not subtle (sometimes) wars with one another"

Well, it sounds like you're not familiar with WoD. I already said many things about this, but I should add, in WoD exists the vampire politics and vampires are in constant conflict for different reasons between themselves. There are sects called Camarilla and Sabbat. Camarilla created a set of rules to hide their existence from humans named The Masquerade if some vampire breaks those rules a blood-hunt is called by the Prince of that city. Something the Sabbat is opposed, they want to control humans because they feel humans are inferior and don't care about being noticed. While Camarilla cares about maintaining their humanity the Sabbat thinks that's a weak and coward thought.

Inside the Camarilla there's another faction who they call themselves Anarchs, they oppose to Camarilla and the Masquerade because they think is a way to manipulate and control other vampires. The Camarilla has 7 vampire clans involved, every clan could have their own interests and that obviously can cause conflict. The backstabbing in WoD is something common, I remember this guy who said he played the PnP and he diableriezed (drink all the blood and eat the soul of another vampire) his Sire (the vampire who turned him and taught him his unlife). as you can see, there's nothing subtle about vampire wars here. CCP doesn't want to make a WoW Vampire Version and WoD itself is nothing like that. Vampires politics, Humanity a big world to enjoy and discover, those are something WoD can offer.

UberAnakh

Novice Member

5/08/12 3:44:07 PM#27
Originally posted by lifesbrink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

For anyone else, this article gives a good summary of the races.  Many of them, of course, stem from humans.

Wow a lot of stuff there... is this a single player game? I mean is there an old sinle-player WoD?

To me, WoW is not a success at all.

UberAnakh

Novice Member

5/08/12 3:51:05 PM#28
pffs i quoted my previous text while i was trying to edit it. stupid me...

To me, WoW is not a success at all.

BarCrow

Advanced Member

5/08/12 4:11:41 PM#29
Originally posted by UberAnakh
Originally posted by lifesbrink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

For anyone else, this article gives a good summary of the races.  Many of them, of course, stem from humans.

Wow a lot of stuff there... is this a single player game? I mean is there an old sinle-player WoD?

There are some run and gun single player and co-op games I think. Where you play hunters. There is  the Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines which is  older but still a good game.

You can get it at Steam here for $19.99 (it's worth it still I think) or wait for their many sales:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2600/ 

I got mine for free when I became a member of Fileplanet about 4 years ago.

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

5/08/12 4:16:21 PM#30

Orcs and maybe High elves

j/k  not really a race but I hope as an option we can be Anarchs or Sabat not just lame ass cammie posers

of course taht opens up a whole new can of worms...if they allow Sabat...i wanna be able to play Black Hands  :)   lol gimme gimme gimme...and I want mages too...not later..now!!! 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

rcubano

Novice Member

5/10/12 9:58:29 AM#31

My guess of what clans will be playable at launch (this is a guess, not based on inside-info):

Brujah

Ventrue

Nosferatu

Toreador

Tremere

Gangrel

Malkavian

Playable Sabbat will be an expansion.  Independants an expansion.

Evgireon

Novice Member

8/24/12 11:59:44 PM#32
The Blood Raider race: First they raid blood depots in Bhaalgorns and suck them dry with large nosferatus. And then they shoot vampires from orbit w/ t2 pulses & Ultraviolet L, almost like in the movie "Underworld".
  Nonderyon

Apprentice Member

8/29/12 11:07:25 PM#33
Obviously Demon: the fallen...and definetly play with the house of Lammasu or Namaru.
  ARJDW

Apprentice Member

9/26/12 2:19:45 PM#34

races? what races? race: human and alternative life vampire

mages, werewolves? wtf sorry but what skill can have werewolf? only eating bodies or something year can be powerfull or fast but is he using magic or weapon? no he is a weapon of nature and thats all so if they will make werewolf u just turn into it and tada start killing,

about mages? again wtf? as the vampire maybe yes but as human pfff some1 is joking here? like malkavians tremiere tzimitsie maybe nosferatu.

humans should be there but they are very weak and need to work as a team or they die and bye cya after u respawn

sabbath and camarilla are factions but why we should not make a little deeper into this? creating own faction?

and clans whe all know clans like brujah, gangrel, giovanni etc. but there should be some1 whos the strongest in the clan, like headmaster of clan or something like that and above all clans vampire lord or something like that who transforms into Lasombra clan ( same as Dracula i guess without reflect in mirror) still have same abilities as his old clan but got newer

the best thing is to have an option starting the game as human or starting the game as vampire and humans can turn into vampire after quests or werewolf or just pick your destiny from those 3 and cant change anything

its too much options to choose how the game should be created but i think all 13 clans should be in it humans as vampire/werewolves hunters too and werewolves or werewolves only as mobs to gain xp

no wait ..... how to make this game to have fun while playing? maybe only vampire clans and humans and werewolves as mobs to exp? but most important question is in what times its gonna be? maybe like masquerade redemption first part in medieval age or times that we have now 2nd part of redemption or bloodlines...

ARJDW

Apprentice Member

9/26/12 2:20:58 PM#35
Originally posted by rcubano

My guess of what clans will be playable at launch (this is a guess, not based on inside-info):

Brujah

Ventrue

Nosferatu

Toreador

Tremere

Gangrel

Malkavian

Playable Sabbat will be an expansion.  Independants an expansion.

those are starting clans in bloodlines and playable clans and malkavians rocks!!!!!!

apocoluster

Apprentice Member

\m/,

9/26/12 3:17:23 PM#36

Mummies would be the shit....You can kill me all you want...I wont stay dead.  Of course everybody will respawn so umm I guess Mummies would kinda not have a unique thing

Revenants were pretty broke ( ie the Crow)  mix of wraith and Vampy abilities

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Freyj

Novice Member

12/02/12 5:22:27 PM#37

I would love for them to put in Garou.. but.. I dunno how they would balance them. Your average Garou fresh out of character creation will absolutely maul your average Kindred with the same number of points. I mean it's not even a fight in most cases.

Garou have Crinos their war form which buffs their strength and stamina. They have aggrivated damage on demand thanks to their claws and teeth. They get extra attacks by spending rage, and finally they regenerate! I suppose brand new Kindred could hope his Dominate manages to land, but honestly they have little chance in close quarters combat, even the tougher clans like the Gangrel and Brujah aren't much of a threat until they get a bit older.

heh.. I forgot about Stepping Sideways or Gifts.. Yeah.. Garou OP.

Cernan

Novice Member

12/17/12 1:32:45 AM#38
Originally posted by Valmarill

Mage would be awesome .. the wall they might hit in development is, that truly you can customize your spells to such a degree that how would they standardize it without losing the flavor of Mage entirely? You can literally create spells using the different schools of magic 'on-the-fly' as many of the players in our table top do. I'm not syaing this is impossible to do in a computer game but I think the mechanics would have any designer scratiching their head for years and making compromises taht might turn the hardcore Mage fans off.. Alot of the Mage game spells comes down to a ruling by the Storyteller who decides whether or not what the player wants to do is even possible and a "You'll need this many dice to pull that off." 

It would be interesting to see how they handle this.

The other WoD templates are much more straightforward and allow a lot less tweaking. Some Geist powers are determined by the player but on the whole they are standardized. Vampires and Werewolves would probably be the easiest to transition into a computer game. Do you think they could bring Mage to MMO and truly maintain the integrity of the Table-top? I have to say, I am a bit skeptical.

Just now seeing this, so my reply is a bit dated.  I admit I know nothing of Mage.  However, your description made me think of Ryzom (that little game that so few played.)  In Ryzom you could customize your own abilities.  When you trained a new skill you also learned all the components with it.  An ability was made of severeal components (range, damage +, heal +, mana cost, spray(AE effect.)  You could create custom abilities.  However, there was a weight scale.  If you added more damage you had to decrease range or increase mana or health cost.  Something to balance the scale.  Otherwise your fumble chance increased with the ability.

I don't see why they couldn't do something similar with Mage.  Your learn components from the different spheres and they are all weighted.  You can mix and match components as long as you end up with a balanced spell.  You can try for unbalanced spells but your fumble chance increases(or whatever the negative effect would be in Mage..Paradox, thank you wikipedia.)

In Ryzom my friend and I created great downtime heals.  I could heal him for virutually no mana cost, but the range was so little I had to be standing on top of him.  In turn he could restore most of my mana, but it cost him a portion of his life.  It was fun to create these abilties.  They were only useful in downtime because to balance the abilities we had to decrease the range to lowest possible setting.  It just meant we never had to rest long after fights.  Granted that was back in the day when games actually had resting.  Now you just keep soloing with no downtime in most games.

As for the OP, I dont' know enough about the various races in oWoD to suggest playable ones.  I think the primary clans would be a good starting point.  Atlhough Mummy does sound cool.

ksternal

Novice Member

1/04/13 6:26:31 PM#39
Differnet types of the were-creatures including Werewolf, wereleopard, werecobra, weretiger would be cool. They could start off not understanding their gift at the beginning and work toward being a Alpha Male/ Female.
  Souldrainer

Spotlight Poster

1/25/13 5:41:04 PM#40

Race?  I think genre was the word the OP was looking for.  Mages are still human, as are Hunters.

I find it interesting that this is taking so long, yet is set in the setting they stopped producing 5+ years ago.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search