Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,146 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,685
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

11 posts found
  pennywise

Novice Member

OP  7/03/04 11:13:52 PM#1

just about to start my first char for this game and i was wondering if the stormtrooper worked no matter what species you are? i mean you know looks the same. cuz i know that in the movies they were all humans but in this game do you have to be human to be a stormtrooper?

pennywise, the n00b

I have amnesia- do you know anything about me?

Lo there do I see my father..
Lo there do i see my brothers and my sisters...
Lo there do i see the line of my people back to the beginning....
Lo they do call to me, they bid me take place among them in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever....

TookyG

Warhammer Online Correspondent

"...you mean three philippino women."

7/04/04 9:00:01 AM#2

Wookiee can't wear it.  And some species can't wear specific parts of armor and that applies to all armor for that species not just ST armor.

Non-human species will pay a much higher faction cost than Humans.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

Cthulhuvong

Novice Member

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither

7/04/04 1:46:38 PM#3

only humans (and possibly zabrak) can wear the helmet. Trandos can't wear the boots or gloves, and wookiees can't wear any. and I can't remember how much the faction cost are for it, though I do know that Twi'leks pay 1.5 times as much and zabrak pay 2 times as much as humans.

Games Tried:
Everquest (not a power gamer)
Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad from what I saw, nothing very new though)
Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)

Waiting For: The Repopulation
Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

TookyG

7/05/04 8:38:14 AM#4

Originally posted by Cthulhuvong

only humans (and possibly zabrak) can wear the helmet. Trandos can't wear the boots or gloves, and wookiees can't wear any. and I can't remember how much the faction cost are for it, though I do know that Twi'leks pay 1.5 times as much and zabrak pay 2 times as much as humans.

I believe the chest plate, helmet and legs are 3Kk each while the bracers, etc are about 2K each.  That's for humans.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

Cthulhuvong

Novice Member

He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither

7/06/04 1:01:42 AM#5

I'm lucky. My main is a twi'lek smuggler, so I get prices that are almost the same as humans. Its usually a few hundred more, but its not that bad.

The one thing I don't get is why is a full suit of ST armor more expensive than an AT-ST?

Games Tried:
Everquest (not a power gamer)
Earth and Beyond (kinda fun, kinda boring)
Planetside (rather play Counter-Strike)
Lineage 2 (see Everquest above, plus too many PKers and Bots)
Guild Wars [E3 trial] (Not too bad from what I saw, nothing very new though)
Eve Online (somewhat fun, somewhat repetetive)

Waiting For: The Repopulation
Games Tried: SWTOR, Star Trek Online, EQ, EQ2, Earth and Beyond, Planetside, Lineage 2, Eve Online, WoW, City of Heroes, City of Villians, Auto Assault, Fallen Earth
Star Wars: Galaxies - Ibra Olasi (Valcyn Server) [Dead, screw you SOE]

Slanger

Novice Member

My business is to succeed, and I'm good at it - Napoleon

7/06/04 6:48:05 AM#6
I remember I wanted to get a full suit of Sormtrooper Armor, but me being a twi'lek already not being able to wear some of the helmets I had purchased wondered if I could wear the Storm Trooper helmet. This was back in the early days so Faction Perks still cost a lot. I wasn't about to take the time to gain all those faction points just to find out I couldn't wear it. Luckily my friend who was also a twi'lek purchased the helmet and nope, he couldn't wear it. He sold it to a human character so it wasn't a total loss. That factor and the 1.5 multiplier I got as a twi'lek for Imperial faction perks was the reason why I never purchased any faction perks what so ever.

Currently Playing:
AC2, WW2Online, SWG

Retired:
Everquest, DAoC

Currently Playing: Eve-Online
On the Backburner: EQ2
Retired: EQ, DAoC, WW2Online
RIP: AC2
Tried: Ryzom, Roma Victor, RoM, KH2, Forsaken World, AO, AoC, APB
Quit: SWG PRE-CU(Radiant/Starsider), WoW

Achiever 47% / Explorer 40% / Killer 87% / Socializer 27%

rabidpanda

Novice Member

7/08/04 1:42:11 PM#7
So can Zabrak wear the entire Armor or just a part of it???? Because i was wanting to get some.... ^_^

TookyG

7/09/04 7:47:28 AM#8

Originally posted by rabidpanda
So can Zabrak wear the entire Armor or just a part of it???? Because i was wanting to get some.... ^_^

I'm fairly positive they can wear it all.  But don't quote me.

Draenor

Novice Member

[Insert Tool lyrics]

7/11/04 7:46:11 PM#9

Zabrak can wear the whole set of armor, but you cannot actually be a storm trooper in the game, you could role play one i guess but that we be boring (patrols all day)

Stormtrooper armor is not worth the amount of faction points it costs to get it, i had a set of it and never wore it because 1: my composit was better and 2: it was so expensive that i didnt want anything to happen to it

"Probably the saddest thing that you will ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy, forget it little friend."
--Jack Handey

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

TookyG

7/12/04 8:27:47 AM#10

Originally posted by Draenor

Stormtrooper armor is not worth the amount of faction points it costs to get it, i had a set of it and never wore it because 1: my composit was better and 2: it was so expensive that i didnt want anything to happen to it

Yeah I just leave mine in my house all day.  It's a nice decoration.

Guile

Apprentice Member

7/26/04 5:57:40 PM#11

Originally posted by pennywise

just about to start my first char for this game and i was wondering if the stormtrooper worked no matter what species you are? i mean you know looks the same. cuz i know that in the movies they were all humans but in this game do you have to be human to be a stormtrooper?

pennywise, the n00b

I have amnesia- do you know anything about me?

Wookies can't wear any of it.

Trandoshans can't wear boots and gloves.

Humans are best for armour m8, and TBH are best species, although Zabrak come close with their species only skills which are useful...