Trending Games | Landmark | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Camelot Unchained | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,533 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,903
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » General Discussion » Check out Repopulation a very SWG like game SandBox.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Burntvet

Elite Member

4/03/14 6:35:51 PM#21
Originally posted by Tiller
Originally posted by Troneas
Originally posted by Holophonist
the chosen one this game may be; nevertheless, grave vaporware i fear in its development. 

I've heard a couple of people claim that. Where does it come from? They're very open with their progress and very honest with their expectations. Have you seen the monthly updates? They're extensive, to say the least.

because we've heard it all before?

i'll be honest with you i don't follow this game's progress (in fact i hardly follow any mmorpg's progress any more), but i may have heard about this mmorpg three years ago? and its still in alpha? 

and as far as the successor of SWG Pre-Cu and all the sandboxy awesomeness is concerned, first there was Earthrise, then Darkfall, then the promise fell onto Fallen Earth; I believe Archage was next.

where are all these games now? Last I heard Earthrise was still figuring out how to put trees in their landscape, Darkfall and Fallen Earth might both have 30 active players combined and I have no clue in what stage Archage is in. 

then there were other "sandbox" games in between that promised the SWG experience only to fall short on that promise - i just cant remember their names now because now i play angry birds. 

i hope this title can succeed i really do, but after almost 9 years of the demise of swg no developer has manged to replicate that experience. they don't even know how to get close to it. 

I think the experience lives no where else but in our memories at this point.. So unless any of you guys have a time machine, then there is no hope sadly. I do sometimes get this idea that if they rebuilt SWG with new PS2 engine, and set it in the timeline of the upcoming SW movies it would be the best thing ever, but most likely I would be wrong.

That is not entirely correct. Search a little google and you might find something... flightless birds and such.

Tiller

Guide

4/03/14 6:51:59 PM#22
Originally posted by Burntvet
Originally posted by Tiller
Originally posted by Holophonist
the chosen one this game may be; nevertheless, grave vaporware i fear in its development. 

I've heard a couple of people claim that. Where does it come from? They're very open with their progress and very honest with their expectations. Have you seen the monthly updates? They're extensive, to say the least.

because we've heard it all before?

i'll be honest with you i don't follow this game's progress (in fact i hardly follow any mmorpg's progress any more), but i may have heard about this mmorpg three years ago? and its still in alpha? 

and as far as the successor of SWG Pre-Cu and all the sandboxy awesomeness is concerned, first there was Earthrise, then Darkfall, then the promise fell onto Fallen Earth; I believe Archage was next.

where are all these games now? Last I heard Earthrise was still figuring out how to put trees in their landscape, Darkfall and Fallen Earth might both have 30 active players combined and I have no clue in what stage Archage is in. 

then there were other "sandbox" games in between that promised the SWG experience only to fall short on that promise - i just cant remember their names now because now i play angry birds. 

i hope this title can succeed i really do, but after almost 9 years of the demise of swg no developer has manged to replicate that experience. they don't even know how to get close to it. 

I think the experience lives no where else but in our memories at this point.. So unless any of you guys have a time machine, then there is no hope sadly. I do sometimes get this idea that if they rebuilt SWG with new PS2 engine, and set it in the timeline of the upcoming SW movies it would be the best thing ever, but most likely I would be wrong.

That is not entirely correct. Search a little google and you might find something... flightless birds and such.

I've known about this going back to the beginning when nothing worked and as recent as this last year and it's too buggy (rubberbanding, latency and other issues SWG has always had x10) and the community isn't the same I remember being a part of years ago. Visually it's the same, but that's about it.

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

2 Pages « 1 2 Search