Trending Games | ArcheAge | Destiny | World of Warcraft | Swordsman

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,919 Users Online:0
Games:722  Posts:6,189,388
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » General Discussion » Sometimes you can never go home again Smedley...

10 posts found
  Tierless

Apprentice Member

Joined: 7/01/08
Posts: 2096

joie de vivre

 
OP  1/24/14 11:37:04 PM#1

so you just have to build a new home that reminds you of your old home, but with a few adjustments that make it feel both excitingly new and comfortably familiar at the same time!

If SOE can pull this off, if they can make an MMO that truly is BASED ON the gameplay mechanisms, sandbox elements, and emergent content of SWG combined with modern tech (looks at EQL) then I fail at words that could describe how happy that would make me lol!

I commend you for your boldness Smed, and at the same time I worry about your statement. You are about to have thousands of crazed SWG fans demanding you make an exact copy of SWG, which is something that simply could never be and we know doing so would set SOE up for failure, and the fans up for disappointment.

So, how much SWG will be in the new SWG? lol That is the question.

Always in motion is the future, revealed more will be.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

  firefly2003

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/16/08
Posts: 2568

I miss you Star Wars Galaxies...:(

1/30/14 6:29:26 AM#2
Originally posted by Tierless

so you just have to build a new home that reminds you of your old home, but with a few adjustments that make it feel both excitingly new and comfortably familiar at the same time!

If SOE can pull this off, if they can make an MMO that truly is BASED ON the gameplay mechanisms, sandbox elements, and emergent content of SWG combined with modern tech (looks at EQL) then I fail at words that could describe how happy that would make me lol!

I commend you for your boldness Smed, and at the same time I worry about your statement. You are about to have thousands of crazed SWG fans demanding you make an exact copy of SWG, which is something that simply could never be and we know doing so would set SOE up for failure, and the fans up for disappointment.

So, how much SWG will be in the new SWG? lol That is the question.

Always in motion is the future, revealed more will be.

The entire resource and crafting system needs to be copied, along with atmospheric flight and space combat, factional teritory  control pvp and pve space and ground, rare loot system, treasure maps, collection system, achievements, open world pvp zones, no battlegrounds, player based economy, open world housing, storyteller, and chronicle system.. this is all post nge, and from the precu bring back the profession skilltrees. I know people loved pre-cu but... there was no content mix pre-cu combat and skill based system back and post nge content everyone gets the best of both worlds.

  IG-88

Novice Member

Joined: 8/03/12
Posts: 129

1/30/14 7:20:59 AM#3

And while we´re at it...

 

You have the playerdata still stored in your servers, dont you?

Well, i look forward to get my gunship back, along with all the other stuff!

 

But seriosuly, i hope they wont build another game based on someone elses IP.

Do what The Repopulation does, create your OWN world where you dont have to get approval

or orders from Mickey all the time.

 

 

  Joejc7135

Advanced Member

Joined: 5/06/13
Posts: 204

2/03/14 5:40:41 PM#4
Man just make the game, already making unrealistic promises to a desperate playerbase....desperate for a good SW mmo I mean....Release the game and the players will tell you if its the 2nd coming of SWG....
  ste2000

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/28/04
Posts: 4719

2/03/14 5:49:44 PM#5

Guys stop believing everything Smedley says, you'll get hurt.

It said the same about EQN being for EQ veterans...............we now know that it is not going to be anything like it.

He just want to create some buzz, that's all.

Wanna play something similar to SWG? Check The Repopulation

  ktanner3

Master

Joined: 3/19/06
Posts: 4143

Trolls will be ignored

2/04/14 1:33:13 PM#6
It's tough to go home again when you took a dump on the entire family and burnt the house down.

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

  KyngBills

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/06
Posts: 452

3/05/14 8:41:46 PM#7
Originally posted by IG-88

And while we´re at it...

 

You have the playerdata still stored in your servers, dont you?

Well, i look forward to get my gunship back, along with all the other stuff!

 

But seriosuly, i hope they wont build another game based on someone elses IP.

Do what The Repopulation does, create your OWN world where you dont have to get approval

or orders from Mickey all the time.

 

 

 

I here you...And I don't disagree necessarily...But to me if it's not Star wars I'm really not as interested...Not that another Sci-Fi idea can't fill the void somewhat...But it's just not the same...No Sith/Jedi...No Lightsabers...Meh...

Personally I get a little irritated when games say "If you liked SWG you'll like this..."  I think that's a very presumptuous statement...

  FinalFikus

Hard Core Member

Joined: 3/01/13
Posts: 910

"We're up all night to get lucky"

3/09/14 4:05:55 PM#8
Originally posted by ste2000

Guys stop believing everything Smedley says, you'll get hurt.

It said the same about EQN being for EQ veterans...............we now know that it is not going to be anything like it.

He just want to create some buzz, that's all.

Wanna play something similar to SWG? Check The Repopulation

Too late.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

  Retired

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/02/08
Posts: 703

3/09/14 4:18:12 PM#9

Stop listening to Smed's rubbish, just wait for The Repopulation , it is the rebirth of Star Wars Galaxies and will be out by years end.

GAMEPLAY VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8rtrr0YF8

 

  cylon8

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/10/07
Posts: 296

3/09/14 4:29:42 PM#10
the repop is not going to be the savior for swg vets trust me they make a lot of lofty promises

so say we all