Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,650 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,276
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » SWG Veteran Refuge » A game for all you refugees

3 posts found
  Fraden

Novice Member

Why am I even typing this?

OP  3/14/13 12:34:59 AM#1

This game has gone through many ups and downs. Some of you may remember it, or heard it being called "The Star Wars Galaxies' refugees' game". Well a new indiegogo page has been started for this game, and I hope you guys still have energy in you to help out so we can have a great Sci-Fi MMORPG once again!

Here are the forums: http://www.divergence-online.com/phpbb3/index.php

Here's the indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/divergence-online?c=home

I hope to see y'all on the forums!

(It sucks you dont wanna see it)

inkling161

Novice Member

3/16/13 9:45:05 AM#2

Nice find, Fraden. I love the ethos of the project: Real player freedom, give MMOs back their soul. But it kind of lost me with "7-foot tall alien cyborg ninjas!"

This is the kind of thing I'd love to fund on indiegogo, but the project's viability is pretty dubious. I just don't believe you can build an MMO for $50,000. And the project page gives no details for its ongoing business model or what to expect from a launch... This isn't a host-yourself game with incremental updates like minecraft; you need a dedicated tech team to run 24/7 servers, a dedicated customer service team to handle player issues, and a dedicated content team to keep the game going. The guy doesn't talk about these things at all.

Ortwig

Elite Member

3/16/13 9:51:51 AM#3
It does look very nice... looks like you have put a lot of heart into the game.