Trending Games | Landmark | World of Warcraft | Villagers and Heroes | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,978 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,598
LucasArts / SOE Austin
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 06/23/03)  | Pub:Sony Online Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$19.95 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

Star Wars Galaxies Forum » General Discussion » Quick, Sony Online Entertainment!!!!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  Xzen

Novice Member

A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.
- Seneca

10/31/12 11:05:38 AM#21
All I want Disney to do is release Ep 4-6 on blu ray and remove all the terrible changes Lucas made to them over the years. Han shot first damn it!
  CasualMaker

Advanced Member

Spelling and grammar do matter.I find your lack of real-life skills disturbing.

11/02/12 10:37:36 AM#22
Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
Originally posted by Vannor
I thought John Carter was a half decent film.. very much in the style of Star Wars. That was by Disney. They 'could' do an OK job of episode 7.

Well, it was slightly better than the SyFy version that came out the same time. But that's not saying much, really.

John Carter was head-and-shoulders above that Traci Lords tripe.

Muke

Hard Core Member

11/23/12 2:52:31 PM#23
Originally posted by Xzen
All I want Disney to do is release Ep 4-6 on blu ray and remove all the terrible changes Lucas made to them over the years. Han shot first damn it!

There will probably a re-re-release of ep 4-6.

all nasty shots with violence and blood erased (burned uncle and aunt in 4. the yeti scene in 5, Leia slave outfit will be changed to a burka in ep 6), and the end scene in ep 6 will be extended to 45 mins of conga line dancing ewoks and singing  lead characters.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Burntvet

Hard Core Member

11/23/12 11:09:10 PM#24

What will be really interesting to see, is what happens when big Sony goes under, and things might be going that way... they lose $ billions each year and their coporate bond rating was just cut to "junk" level.

And probably that is not even enough for Smed to get canned.

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

11/23/12 11:46:37 PM#25
Originally posted by Burntvet

What will be really interesting to see, is what happens when big Sony goes under, and things might be going that way... they lose $ billions each year and their coporate bond rating was just cut to "junk" level.

If sony goes under their assets get sold off.  SoE would be reasonably valuable because of the EQ IP.  In fact, since its value is probably greater than the money it takes in if things to get desperate expect SoE to be sold off sooner rather than later.

Burntvet

Hard Core Member

11/24/12 11:06:12 AM#26
Originally posted by strangiato2112
Originally posted by Burntvet

If sony goes under their assets get sold off.  SoE would be reasonably valuable because of the EQ IP.  In fact, since its value is probably greater than the money it takes in if things to get desperate expect SoE to be sold off sooner rather than later.

Normally that is what happens, but in this case it might not be so.

SOE is not or was not a normal corporate subsidiary according to some bits, over the years, but is something like a franchised or associated studio: that when Smed brought Veriant under the Sony umbrella, he exchanged some "equity" for the Sony name and marketing help, plus access to financing. That said, Smed likely still owns a good amount of Veriant equity( and thus a primary reason why Smed has kept his job all these years), and thus, should Sony go under, SOE may get spun off into an indepentent company again.

So we won't really know until Sony goes under (possible) or is bought out (more likely).

Obraik

Ewok

11/24/12 6:10:23 PM#27
Imagine the rumours if Disney bought Sony too :D

Sandbox

Advanced Member

11/27/12 9:49:58 AM#28
Originally posted by Obraik
Imagine the rumours if Disney bought Sony too :D

In parity with you posting Pre-CU FTW.... :)

The end is near.

Tiller

Guide

12/01/12 4:35:22 PM#29

I imagine there will someday be another MMO based on post EP6 material. I imagine it will be themparkish, with perhaps a little sandbox love....

speaking of themeparks, I hope we get a themepark addition at Disneyland xD, kinda like Cars Land, we get Star Wars Worlds. That's a themepark I would by into...

SWG pre-cu vet, elder Jedi, elder BH -Bloodfin

spankybus

Apprentice Member

"Don''t touch that squirrel''s nuts!" - Willy Wonka

12/01/12 4:43:02 PM#30
Originally posted by Phry
Originally posted by Yanshee
Offer Disney $50 for SWG!!!

i don't know what your smoking but pretty sure Disney was the guy who did the mickey mouse thing, on the other hand, George Lucas, of Lucas Arts, owns Starwars and the various licencing options...

Ooops, Your consolation Prize, Sir:

Star Wars Pacefier

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
www.spankybus.com
-3d Artist & Compositor
-Writer
-Professional Amature

Muke

Hard Core Member

1/15/13 9:43:02 AM#31
Originally posted by shaddy33
Originally posted by Yanshee
Offer Disney $50 for SWG!!!

i don't know what your smoking but pretty sure Disney was the guy who did the mickey mouse thing, on the other hand, George Lucas, of Lucas Arts, owns Starwars and the various licencing options...

Yea, he is referencing the fact that Disney just bought Lucasarts and they are talking about making a episode 7 movie.

Great thats all we need, we get rid of jar jar binks and now we have donald duck reprising the role of darth maul or something...

Warner Brothers should've bought it, at least we would get a WB intro at start and Elmer saying t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-that's all, folks!  when the movie's finished.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

ktanner3

Master

Trolls will be ignored

2/10/13 8:03:21 PM#32
Originally posted by Xzen

It would be nice for us to FINALLY get the un-altered original trilogy with a decent transfer on Blu Ray. They had those DVDs that came out a few years ago, but the quality was so shoddy that I didn't even bother with them. I'm glad that Disney is moving forward with the franchise rather than resting on it's laurels(stopping the 3D releases), but this is one time that they should revisit the past and give the fans what they have been asking for the last 20 years. 

I'll never understand what put such a bug up Lucas's butt over this. Coppala and Spielberg had no problem releasing E.T and Apocolypse Now with original and special edition versions. Could you imagine what would have happened if CBS had released the old Star Trek shows with only the new versions? There would have been a similiar uproar. Some of the changes I liked, such as making the Emperor in ESB fit with the rest of the series. But changing Boba Fett's voice, changing the Han and Greedo scene in ANH along with adding that silly dance sequence in ROTJ was too much .

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

2 Pages « 1 2 Search